Urologist Who Knows Cycling-Related Issues?

davevi

I am looking for a recommendation of a urologist in Chiang Mai who is familiar with cycling-related issues.

I know there are a lot of cyclists here in Chiang Mai (one of the reasons I moved here) and I hope someone can make a recommendation for a doctor who is familiar with the unique issues of cyclists who overdo it (like me). :)

Thanks

this is a pretty common complaint with cyclists and almost always due to improper setup, equipment or technique.

The cyclist should distribute their weight 1/3 saddle, 1/3 pedals and 1/3 handlebars.

On the saddle itself the weight should be on the sit bones and not the perineum. The front of the saddle is not really for bearing weight but for controlling the bike in relation to the pelvis.

I would play around with the basics like saddle tilt, height and fore aft position along with possible changes in saddle model and padded shorts.

These problems usually go away quickly when the setup is good.

If you take a day or so off and the symptoms subside then you know it's setup.

I don't know of any sport knowledgeable urologists... Heck for that matter there aren't even any Chiropractors or Podiatrists currently practicing in CM....

Good luck and maybe post in a cycling forum for more tips or google for setup tips...

I don't know if these are available in Thailand but in The Netherlands I've solved my saddle-related problems by buying a saddle cover that is filled with a gel padding; for truly ultimate comfort!

Hope this helps. Good luck!