Toyota Hilux Vigo Insurance

xm911e3

Hello, I'd appreciate some help regarding the insurance on my Toyota Vigo. It's about 6 months old since the first day I bought the new car. Toyota gave me 1st class insurance from "The Viriyah Insurance" and it cost like 20,000+ THB a year. I'd like to know after my 1 year insurance is up, I gotta renew my insurance before I can drive. I seldom drive the car (ODO 2,000KM) for 6 months and most of the time, it's in the parking lot.

Is there any cheaper insurance available for this car besides the 20,000+ THB a year?

Thank you.

We have just picked up a new Hilux Vigo double cab and no free insurance :realangry:, though the dealer has used Navakij Insurance for us at 19,750 Baht for class 1.

In the past we have used Mittare & Viriyjah. Kiatnakin is the Thai bank we are using for finance and they offer motor insurance too.

I am no insurance expert! but you could drive around just on the compulsory goverment insurance, but big risk on a new -ish truck and you get in a prang.

In previous years I have used a broker in out town, just go into the office with wife and "have a chat" about our requirements.

Oh plus these Thaivisa chappies offer insurance but I know FA about them!.

This pic is from our insurance website so you can see what cover is generally provided.

post-44176-0-11996100-1308786468_thumb.g

Thaivisa chaps are brokers, I obtained my insurance through them (all done and sorted from the comfort of my office) and actually had to use it yesterday when a kamikaze scooter driver failed to see my stationary vehicle and plowed straight into the back of me at speed, a quick call to AxA (my insurer) and the insurance guy came to the scene promptly and all was sorted in under an hour.

Thaivisa chaps are brokers, I obtained my insurance through them (all done and sorted from the comfort of my office) and actually had to use it yesterday when a kamikaze scooter driver failed to see my stationary vehicle and plowed straight into the back of me at speed, a quick call to AxA (my insurer) and the insurance guy came to the scene promptly and all was sorted in under an hour.

yepp, Thaivisainsurance.com can give you online advice in English language

Vigo is in general expensive to Insure, as its popular among thieves who export them

my 2010 4x4 auto 4 door cost 21-22k baht for second year covering 760k?baht in Viriyha

The best Insurance is the one who accept using new original parts in your Toyota garage, and has a credit there so you dont need to pay :)

and as transam says, 2 named drivers only and you save like 15-30%

Hi Transam, what do you mean by insure with name driver (which would be me) + 1?

You mean I can ask anyone (+1) to put his/her name into the insurance and I'll be able to lower my insurance?

Thanks.

You can save a lot on class 1 if you insure with just named driver + 1. :)

yepp, Thaivisainsurance.com can give you online advice in English language

Vigo is in general expensive to Insure, as its popular among thieves who export them

my 2010 4x4 auto 4 door cost 21-22k baht for second year covering 760k?baht in Viriyha

The best Insurance is the one who accept using new original parts in your Toyota garage, and has a credit there so you dont need to pay :)

and as transam says, 2 named drivers only and you save like 15-30%

I bought the 4 door Toyota Vigo Pre Runner. I can lower the insurance premium by about 15-30% just by adding anyone's name into my insurance? If that is the case, it'd be great. I mean I'll put someone else name and I pay much lesser.

Hi Transam, what do you mean by insure with name driver (which would be me) + 1?

You mean I can ask anyone (+1) to put his/her name into the insurance and I'll be able to lower my insurance?

Thanks.

Insure you as the main driver and perhaps one other, wife or named friend. On my 4x4 auto vigo on it's third birthday cost l think 12K + compulsory gov insurance . I even upped the value from their assessment as long as l pay 3k if l make a claim. Thaivisa insurance. :)

Thanks.

Insure you as the main driver and perhaps one other, wife or named friend. On my 4x4 auto vigo on it's third birthday cost l think 12K + compulsory gov insurance . I even upped the value from their assessment as long as l pay 3k if l make a claim. Thaivisa insurance. :)

yepp, most Insurances in TH are for any sober driver with DL. If you limit this to max 2 named drivers, there is a substantial discount

For my 2008 Accord 2,4 it was 24k baht as I recall, 29k baht valid for any driver

Hi Nawtier, how many driver/s do you have? I suppose one is you and the latter could be just about anyone right?

By the way, is "The Viriyah Insurance" a good and trusted insurance company?

I paid 18k this last renewal earlier this year...any driver.

Edited by xm911e3

Any driver means....any driver.....whoever drives...as long as they have a licence I guess.

If the Viriyah is the company toyota give out as free/included when you buy a new car......then they are crap....we had them first year and changed as their service sucked.....our experience anyway.

Any driver means....any driver.....whoever drives...as long as they have a licence I guess.

If the Viriyah is the company toyota give out as free/included when you buy a new car......then they are crap....we had them first year and changed as their service sucked.....our experience anyway.

Yes when I first bought the new car on Jan 2011, Toyota gave me Viriyah 1st class insurance but till now I've yet to receive the terms and conditions of my insurance policy despite repeated requests from them. They told my girl friend there is no terms and conditions booklet for the 1st class policy... I just realised why 1st class insurance is so expensive because it covers any driver. Anyway, I'll be putting my name as well as my girl friend's name in the insurance next year in order to get a cheaper rate. Both of us have valid driving licences.

BTW bros, which insurance company would you recommend besides VIRIYAH? (in terms of cost, coverage as well as services)

Thanks in advance.

Yes when I first bought the new car on Jan 2011, Toyota gave me Viriyah 1st class insurance but till now I've yet to receive the terms and conditions of my insurance policy despite repeated requests from them. They told my girl friend there is no terms and conditions booklet for the 1st class policy... I just realised why 1st class insurance is so expensive because it covers any driver. Anyway, I'll be putting my name as well as my girl friend's name in the insurance next year in order to get a cheaper rate. Both of us have valid driving licences.

BTW bros, which insurance company would you recommend besides VIRIYAH? (in terms of cost, coverage as well as services)

Thanks in advance.

Doesn't Thaivisa Insurance use Viriyah ?