Expat Travel Insurance

aphid

Hello,

I am a UK passport holder currently working in Bangkok. I want to secure travel insurance for a return visit to the UK for me and my family this summer. We also intend to spend some time holidaying in Turkey en route. UK based companies state that I must be UK resident and registered with a local doctor so I am prohibited from their policies.

Can anyone suggest online sites that I can try to secure a competitive quote from here in Bangkok?

Regards,

Andy

Don't know specifically about on-line, but I just asked my travel agent (STA) who had a brochure with all kinds of differing insurance options, from one of the larger Bangkok companies. I opted for Worldwide basic travel and medical excluding USA, 1 year policy and paid about 3,000 - 4,000 baht.

You may also wish to consider Columbusdirect.com who will insure you and your family with either a single or an annual policy....... and yes, Thailand can be your country of residence. Underwritten by Lloyds of London. I have an annual policy with them and claimed without any problems back in December when Heathrow was closed, which caused me a 3 day delay, which was covered by the policy. Just go to the site and check.

Frm-Bkk

Only problem with these insurance companies mentioned is that there's an age limit.

AFAIK the only viable travel-insurance WITHOUT age limit is BUPA.

BTW I'm 75

Yermanee

Unfortunately BUPA is only partial insurance if traveling, however Thai Visa Brokers can offer full travel insurance up to age 85