2011 Chevrolet Colorado

Yea right. Everyone in forums is rich. I was reading another forum where one of the posters claimed to have worked for the NSA, and he had inside knowledge about the subject.

Anyway

Bottom line is this

Grab down there. Just reach down and grab a hand full of BALLS, if you have any

Then repeat after me

Chevrolet is coming to kick my ass. After that, all non- believers will be ball-less.

I am not rich, if I was, I would go by private jet or copter, not drive myself for hours.

as for pickups, Chev as a company doesnt get my vote, neither does the colorado. Thus the Ford Ranger for me :)

hopefully in january as I am bored of tunas.

talking about balls, its heavy rain here in Phuket, my GF and I bored so sitting next to each other with our laptops, just hoping for a nice morning so we can play some ball on the beach

post-81971-0-31110600-1317135319_thumb.j

and here is our beach limo

post-81971-0-43462400-1317135455_thumb.j

beats any cruze, doesnt it

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea right. Everyone in forums is rich. I was reading another forum where one of the posters claimed to have worked for the NSA, and he had inside knowledge about the subject.

Anyway

Bottom line is this

Then repeat after me

Chevrolet is coming to kick my ass. After that, all non- believers will be ball-less.

With a 454 or 502 yes but your stuff, eeeeeeeeeer, No. :rolleyes:

Anyway

Bottom line is this

Then repeat after me

With a 454 or 502 yes but your stuff, eeeeeeeeeer, No. :rolleyes:

they could always throw in some daewoo engines like they v done in TH Cruze, but fortunately for new THcolorado they have chosen an Italian VM Motori diesel

besides no chevy crap beats Ram 8,0 V10 :P

The New White Ford SUV used in this months Amazeing Race looks very smart, just clocked it on You Tube. By the way do Red paints still suffer pigment fade in the Sun.

solid red, sure

red metallic, not sure

would have gone white on ranger if it was pearl with chrome or painted door handles. just cant stand plain white with matt black door handles

but I prefer the older one, looks-wise anyway, the split headlamps is such a classic Chevrolet look... This new one looks like a Captiva pickup...

I agree 100%, however a new T6 Ranger will be replacing my trusty steed very soon.

05062011106.jpg

Stunning rims. Does Lenso make them in black, or did you paint them?

but I prefer the older one, looks-wise anyway, the split headlamps is such a classic Chevrolet look... This new one looks like a Captiva pickup...

I agree 100%, however a new T6 Ranger will be replacing my trusty steed very soon.

Stunning rims. Does Lenso make them in black, or did you paint them?

Thanks, I had them powder coated and I reckon they look a thousand times better.

P1000658.jpg

Edited by Spoonman

All trucks look a bit boring in original shape.

The Brazilian colorado concept looked good, but too much work making it look similar,

especially to find any form of skidplate looking like that one.

I did some minor virtual exterior mods on the Ranger.

The Ranger have potential to look really good.

I was planning to buy the new Chevy truck, only due to better presentation at the carshows but

I am leaning towards the new Ranger now.

Anyway

Bottom line is this

Then repeat after me

I am not rich, if I was, I would go by private jet or copter, not drive myself for hours.

as for pickups, Chev as a company doesnt get my vote, neither does the colorado. Thus the Ford Ranger for me :)

hopefully in january as I am bored of tunas.

talking about balls, its heavy rain here in Phuket, my GF and I bored so sitting next to each other with our laptops, just hoping for a nice morning so we can play some ball on the beach

post-81971-0-31110600-1317135319_thumb.j

and here is our beach limo

post-81971-0-43462400-1317135455_thumb.j

beats any cruze, doesnt it

I've been to Phuket.

No it doesn't. A falang in a Thai townhouse driving a moped. How original.

05062011106.jpg

Ugly

I hate when people lower pickup trucks. Defeats the purpose of having one.

You might as well get an El Camino

El-Camino-Pass-Side.jpg

05062011106.jpg

Ugly

I hate when people lower pickup trucks. Defeats the purpose of having one.

You might as well get an El Camino

El-Camino-Pass-Side.jpg

How does it defeat the purpose of owning one? BTW, you couldn't have chosen a worse looking or less popular El Camino if you tried. I hope it wasn't yours. sick.gif

The lowered Colorado looks great and many on this forum might just think it looks better than a Cruze even. Who knows, we all have different views.

Nice truck Spoonman - v tidy. How much did you lower the back end ? Do it yourself or some local boys?.

I have an aussie mate bringing me a lowering kit next month. Having looked at my Vigo, should be able to do it myself.

Where I live there are some locals with black Triton megacabs lowered and one with chrome rims and other with bright orange ones!. Next time I'm out & about I will try and get a pic to post here.

ph34r.gif

Tidey Ride .I don't like the black powder coat, but i love the ride hight.. No rock n roll Spivo style. So the Ranger will be based on what..?. Not still the old P100.

Ranger is new from scratch, for the first time ever. all previuos Rangers have been based on an early 80s mazda frame and floorplan

engines Italian VM Motori designs, used for a couple of years in Transit, and the 2,2 in Mondeo. 6 speed auto from Getrag

features like 2 zone climate and voice controlled sound and climate been used previously in other Ford cars

I am not a Ford fan. The only hazzlefree Fords I have ever owned was 2000 Mondeo estate and 2000 Excursion 6,8 V10, both only for one year, and ad a bunch of major hazzle Fords. But the Ranger seems promising, and I am looking forward to take delivery

Nice truck Spoonman - v tidy. How much did you lower the back end ? Do it yourself or some local boys?.

I have an aussie mate bringing me a lowering kit next month. Having looked at my Vigo, should be able to do it myself.

Where I live there are some locals with black Triton megacabs lowered and one with chrome rims and other with bright orange ones!. Next time I'm out & about I will try and get a pic to post here.

ph34r.gif

Thanks, the back being leaf springs just has 2 inch blocks fitted, the blocks + extended U bolts cost the princely sum of 600baht and took my staff 20 minutes to fit.

How does it defeat the purpose of owning one?

Who wants a truck as low as a passenger car? Ridiculous.

1/. Maybe it can carry more in the back than a passenger car? Perhaps you hadn't thought of that?

2/. Maybe it just looks good all round. Many others must agree as I seem to notice plenty of lowered pick ups on the road, although not many lowered Chevy Cruze. Not sure why. Must be the demographic group most Cruze owners belong to, who aren't interested in that sort of thing.rolleyes.gif

Chevy love badge engineering. They conned Brits with the Bedford Midi. it was just a shitty Isuzu, with a New respected name to fool you. Shades of their Daewoo trick with the Cruze. What will be their next move.? , Stick a Bow Thai on a Zill or Reincarnate Lada. Freakin Accountants have ruined Chevy. Not to worry, the new Jensen Interceptor is being re introduce, built by Indians at Jaguar in Coventry. Looks fantastic.

How does it defeat the purpose of owning one?

Who wants a truck as low as a passenger car? Ridiculous.

I do, I like my mode of transport to not only go around corners I like them to stop as well. I don't give a flying fuc_k if load carrying capacity is compromised as I would never carry a full load anyways. It is nice to throw a scoot or a fridge or whatever in the back when I need to though, can you do that with your Cruze ?

Some pics of a white Colorado tester surfaced on the Optra club website:

It's a bit dirty, but it does show off the lines a little better than previous pics..

colorado1h.jpg

colorado2.jpg

colorado5.jpg

Probably the first truck that looks worse in white, IMHO.

OP and more pics here: http://www.optraclub...?TID=36927&PN=1

I concur with you. In white it looks like a base model, but with those wheels and the chrome rear bumper, obviously it isn't. A bit of a let down really. Maybe the badging/decals etc will give it a lift. Let's hope the new 2.8 Duramax makes up for it. The Ranger is starting to look like the winner out of these two. Do you agree?

Edited by Woodsie888

I concur with you. In white it looks like a base model, but with those wheels and the chrome rear bumper, obviously it isn't. A bit of a let down really. Maybe the badging/decals etc will give it a lift. Let's hope the new 2.8 Duramax makes up for it. The Ranger is starting to look like the winner out of these two. Do you agree?

Yeah, maybe visible badges, a wash and a wax will lift it - but there's no doubt this truck looks better with a color on it..

While I'd really like to 'root' for the Colorado (I did start this thread afterall ;)), The New Ranger is definitely looking like it's going to be the better vehicle.

The Ranger has better styling (subjective yes, but it does try to look like a truck rather than a car, and balances styling against acceptability very well), is bigger, has heavy use of proven bin-parts (e.g. voice control and enternainment system from the Fiesta, the 6-Speed AT is used in several North American and Australian models) and it's turbo diesels have been used in the Transit for 5 years now. By comparison the Chev is all-new, and unproven in practically every way.

Pricing will always play a big part - that's where the new D-Max will have a huge win, but I can't see Chev being able to substantially undercut Ford on the image-making 200HP models, and without a desirable B segment car (the 'Sonic" won't be it either), they just don't have the brand 'buzz' that Ford gets, so there's no doubt in my mind that the Ford Ranger will ace the Colorado in market share.

Mazda could even surprise Chev - the new BT-50 looks horrid in pics, but much, much better in the metal (yes really! for those that hate it, don't take your wife truck shopping, heh), and is just a T6 Ranger in a contraversial skin, so has the creds.. But with agrresively cheap packaging (4 doors < 600K), the BT-50 is poised to win a lot of share in the bottom-end of the market, which could see it lead the Colorado in overall sales.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Mazda could even surprise Chev - the new BT-50 looks horrid in pics, but much, much better in the metal (yes really! for those that hate it, don't take your wife truck shopping, heh), and is just a T6 Ranger in a contraversial skin, so has the creds.. But with agrresively cheap packaging (4 doors < 600K), the BT-50 is poised to win a lot of share in the bottom-end of the market, which could see it lead the Colorado in overall sales.

yes seeing them all lined up in the field the new BT50 looks better than any of the others, well front view as all were parked pointing front to road

Just realized this thread hasn't been updated with the latest engine specs..

The original 2.2L earmarked for the Colorado has been scrapped in favor of a 2.5L unit that can share the assembly line with the 2.8L, and the 2.8L power outputs have been revised a little.

The media launch is today - will report back later ;)

Some quick details..

As noted this morning, the 2.2L initially rumored to be going into it has been replaced with a more production-line friendly 2.5L, and the power ouptuts of the 2.8L engine have been revised, as follows:

2.5L - 150HP @ 3800RPM, 350Nm @ 2000 RPM

2.8L - 180HP @ 3800RPM, 470Nm @ 2000 RPM (6AT), detuned to 440Nm for the 5MT.

Pricing and specs later tonight..