Motorbike License

I am a regular visitor to LOS, with a house & motorbike east of chiang-mai, my wife says you don't have to, but I would like to get my motorbike license, Is it a multiple choice + practical test , any sample questions sheets, any info appreciated.

regards songhklasid.B)

You need a Thai DL

if you live here,

if you have motocy in your name you have had a certificate of residence or similar issued stating you live here,

have a permit to stay longer han 90 days, make adress reports to Immigration, or a visa longer than 90 days

Before exam you need to watch a movie, in addition you learn the roadsigns and road paint as displayed on poster, and you have gained all info you need to pass exam. If you fail, you can try again every day for 90 days.

It is easy :)

Really if your here over 30 days at a time you sould get one.

First a quick mecdical exam that cost 100B and only checks if you have 100B nothing more.

Then yes a house book. letter from Imm. or Work permit or Thai DL

I only had to take a quick eye test. A computer test in English that is poorly translated and I failed and could retake that very instant.

and I pointless driving test of 10m turn around and return.

It was easy.

Having a Thai D/L has helped a few times when I was stopped. And they just let me go. I guess the Raod Pirates were just out for foreigners

First a quick mecdical exam that cost 100B and only checks if you have 100B nothing more.

I only had to take a quick eye test. A computer test in English that is poorly translated and I failed and could retake that very instant.

It was easy.

Having a Thai D/L has helped a few times when I was stopped. And they just let me go. I guess the Raod Pirates were just out for foreigners

HI, Dont worry about licence, Im in australia & BKK post website is down, I could not post breaking news thia visa, july 1 , Doesn't bade well for coming elections.

regards songhklasid.B)

Did anyone mention that if you already have a valid license from your home country that no test is required in Thailand? Only the medical cert and some basic tests of reflex and depth perception. Piece of cake and dirt cheap. A Thai DL comes in handy as ID legal ID.

Did anyone mention that if you already have a valid license from your home country that no test is required in Thailand? Only the medical cert and some basic tests of reflex and depth perception. Piece of cake and dirt cheap. A Thai DL comes in handy as ID legal ID.

This may depend on the office you visit. I think the requirement is that you need hold a valid international driving permit as well as a license from home. The office where I got my license were not interested in my home license unless I had the IDP to go with it and made me do most of the tests, not all, but most rolleyes.gif But I think if I had done it in Bangkok they would have just taken the home license.

This may depend on the office you visit. I think the requirement is that you need hold a valid international driving permit as well as a license from home. The office where I got my license were not interested in my home license unless I had the IDP to go with it and made me do most of the tests, not all, but most rolleyes.gif But I think if I had done it in Bangkok they would have just taken the home license.

Ah yes, TiT, should come as no surprise that the rules vary from one location to the next :jap:

In my case I took my US DL with motorcycle endorsement along with medical cert and copy of passport and Tabien Baan (House certificate) to the Bangkok DLT at Morchit and walked out with a new Thai DL about an hour later.

Pretty quick and painless.

This was several years ago and certainly the rules could have changed.

Ride on!

Tony

It was easy.

maybe looking for someone without driver license

Very much depends on the office.

Mine was in Rayong, and I simply showed them my Canadian car driver's licence and they gave me the Thai motorbike licence after medical, residence, photocopies of passport and visa, and reaction & colour tests.

Mine was in Rayong, and I simply showed them my Canadian car driver's licence and they gave me the Thai motorbike licence after medical, residence, photocopies of passport and visa, and reaction & colour tests.

That was a good deal, a bike license after showing a car license.

My office was very strict about the requirement about requiring an IDP, but then didn't make me watch the video or take any of the vision or reaction tests and would have been quite happy to have 'helped me pass' if I had any problems with the quiz or driving tests!

finally got mine yesterday!

(too much procrastination - glad it's done!)

went to a small DLT office in Na Thawi (Songkhla)

my cdn license had a MC endorsement (i made sure they saw)

brought same copies as above...

BUT - no reaction, color, depth perception tests were given

paid 150 baht - digital photo - card printed

walked out - very happy with the results - in about 30 minutes

:D

Nothing has changed much Tony.

And hour or so and I was done.

Best thing I ever did getting my Thai drivers license. Its like having a key to the executive wash room. The coppers know you've gone through the hoops to get it, as your passport and other details are on it. Been through many a checkpoint since then and every time I've gotten a thumbs up, very good from them for holding a Thai license. Also helps in the tourist traps..I now pay the same price as my family does. About bloody time I might add..!!!

If you have a valid motorbike license from your hometown , you still have to a little test, but not the computor test ,it's easy but go before the license epires, or you will have to do the copmutor test m ,if you only have a car license ,you will have to get a motorbike license as they are two different licenes in thailand

If you have a valid motorbike license from your hometown , you still have to a little test, but not the computor test ,it's easy but go before the license epires, or you will have to do the copmutor test m ,if you only have a car license ,you will have to get a motorbike license as they are two different licenes in thailand

depends on location and mood of DLT employees

In Phuket they did not accept my Scandinavian license in english language.

as the tests are very easy to pass, no fuzz tho, just a few more hours.

Price you pay is for lisence, not for testing