She Introduced Me To Her Parents.

Reggiew

Some months ago I accompanied a Thai girl to her province in Isan and she took me to her parent's house and introduced me to her parents, brothers, uncles and rellies, whom we soon like each other's company. Is this normal in Thailand what the girl did to have introduced me to her parents, or what does it mean? Can someone explain? Thanks guys.

I met my gf's mom over webcam biggrin.gif That was only because she could never come to america to meet me with her daughter. I did eventually travel to sisaket to meet her mom and her mom is awesome. My gf and i are very young as you can see from our picture but her family is good.

Such disparagement, I would join in but, I think this angle on the topic is well and truly covered.

OP, the long and short of it; in Thai culture, a 'nice' girl will not take her other half to meet her parents until there is a pretty solid indication of the relationship being strong, with a good outlook, and an intent to marry. It'sThai tradition with a strong nod towards the whole Face saving thing.

A girl bringing a man back to her village, as her partner, only for the bloke to do a runner after a few weeks will be seen as a slap in the face for the family,(something wrong with the daughter, that type of thing)………………… A total loss offace.

However there are parts of Thai society that never got this memo and the hunt for moneyis stronger than family pride.

Did your g/f know your intent towards her before you planned the trip to meet Mum and Dad? Was the trip to introduce you………….Or your wallet to her family? Did you discuss with her wanting to marry before the said trip…up-ta-north?

I'm not saying she's a 'wrong un' all I'm saying is, a conservative Thai girl would be very careful about who she took home. So only you can answer this; are you her family's next social worker, or son-in-law?

Edited by Tonto21

My gf lives in issan and she does not live in a village. Her area is fairly populated and i was taken to see her mom after a year and a half of dating her and her coming to america for a total of about 10 months over 2 years. I think it is a big deal to see the parents, but it is not always about a walking atm situation. If it is, then y'all are finding the wrong women.

Such disparagement, I would join in but, I think this angle on the topic is well and truly covered.

OP, the long and short of it; in Thai culture, a 'nice' girl will not take her other half to meet her parents until there is a pretty solid indication of the relationship being strong, with a good outlook, and an intent to marry. It'sThai tradition with a strong nod towards the whole Face saving thing.

A girl bringing a man back to her village, as her partner, only for the bloke to do a runner after a few weeks will be seen as a slap in the face for the family,(something wrong with the daughter, that type of thing)………………… A total loss offace.

However there are parts of Thai society that never got this memo and the hunt for moneyis stronger than family pride.

Did your g/f know your intent towards her before you planned the trip to meet Mum and Dad? Was the trip to introduce you………….Or your wallet to her family? Did you discuss with her wanting to marry before the said trip…up-ta-north?

I'm not saying she's a 'wrong un' all I'm saying is, a conservative Thai girl would be very careful about who she took home. So only you can answer this; are you her family's next social worker, or son-in-law?

Now THAT"S a quality post.

Good reply. You beat me to it. :jap:

When a Thai lady introduces her man to her parents , it means an intention of marriage,

H3LL he could be in trouble.

Did the mother have a piss-up and tie the OP and the said trolls girlfriend together with a bit of white string. MARRIED....... yahoooooooooo empty the accounts, furrow greenbacks into the ground. Die a slow death....

Take it a lil slow pal. Be a lil careful. There are of course a lot of good Thai gals. But There are a lot of Isaan gals too that intend to marry farangs because they think all farangs are rich. These gals are generally not from wealthy families and almost never travel abroad. Those gals don't know there are some poor farangs even if they will look relatively rich in Thailand.

My gf lives in issan and she does not live in a village. Her area is fairly populated and i was taken to see her mom after a year and a half of dating her and her coming to america for a total of about 10 months over 2 years. I think it is a big deal to see the parents, but it is not always about a walking atm situation. If it is, then y'all are finding the wrong women.

Yes, it's a genetic thing. Seeing the parents, in your case her mother could tell you a lot how your gf will be when she have the same age as her mother.

Some years ago I accompanied my girlfriend to meet her parents in Brighton (UK), so what's the difference?

Don't people think it's reasonable that boyfriends/girlfriends would, at some stage, want to meet their family?