083 no longer available

084 AIS

085 DTAC

086 TrueMove

087 AIS

089 AIS

090 iPhone 4 white version phones

http://www.dtac.co.th/2009/eng/news/pressdetail.php?newsid=994

‘White-hearted’ people get together with ‘dtac iPhone 4 in white’ to help support flood relief efforts in the south of Thailand

9 May 2011

dtac launched a special event to celebrate the arrival of the dtac iPhone 4 in white to raise funds for flood relief efforts in the South of Thailand. Bearing the theme of ‘The Power of White by dtac’, the event was graced by crowd of ‘white-hearted’ superstars and celebrities including Top-Nattaseth Poontrubmanee, Wacharis Pongpanich, Pod Thanachai Uchin from Moderndog band, Yadthip Rajpal, Pancake Khemanit Jamikorn, Louis Scott and Fluke Krerkpol Masayawanit.

Pakorn Pannachet, Senior Vice President - Products Division, Total Access Communication Public Company Limited (dtac) said that “on the occasion of the arrival of the dtac iPhone 4 in white, we organize a special event titling ‘The Power of White by dtac’ to highlight the significance of white color. As white color symbolizes purity, integrity and generosity, we engage our customers to do good deeds for those in need by joining fund raising activities. Nine top donors in the event will receive the special commemorative dtac iPhone 4 in white. All proceeds raised by the event, without any deductions, will be donated to relief efforts for flood victims in the South of Thailand.”

As a token of gratitude to the nine top donors, dtac also offers lucky mobile phone number together with the nine special commemorative dtac iPhone 4 in white. These numbers have combinations of 9 as lucky number and are new mobile phone numbers starting with 090 prefix.

In addition, 50 units of dtac iPhone 4 in white are also available at the event for purchasing at normal price. All sales proceeds from these 50 units, with dtac’s additional contribution of Baht 5,000 for each unit, will be donated to the flood relief efforts as well.

“We believe that the new dtac iPhone 4 in white will continue to bring the best of mobile communication experience to our customers thanks to dtac’s promised propositions – Faster, Better, Greater Distribution and More Pleasant. Customers will enjoy high-quality network, best value tariff package offerings, nationwide distribution network and a comprehensive range of after-sales services,” added Pakorn.

Edited by lomatopo

Not sure how accurate this is, given MNP:

081-0 to 081-2 AIS

081-3 to 081-6 DTAC

081-7 to 081-9 AIS

083 no longer available

084 AIS

085 DTAC

086 TrueMove

087 AIS

089 AIS

Not too accurate as my DTAC phone starts with 084. ;)

//edit - ok, just saw the DTACs are a series and appear to share the 084 series with AIS.

Not sure how accurate this is, given MNP:

081-0 to 081-2 AIS

081-3 to 081-6 DTAC

081-7 to 081-9 AIS

083 no longer available

084 AIS

085 DTAC

086 TrueMove

087 AIS

089 AIS

Not too accurate as my DTAC phone starts with 084. ;)

//edit - ok, just saw the DTACs are a series and appear to share the 084 series with AIS.

Wrong! My DTAC starts with 087

I don't there is any right or wrong, originally numbers were purchased in blocks of 100,000 (I think), so it is not unusual to have the same 3-digit prefix across more than one service provider. I did mean to say that the original list was an older SWAG based on previously available public information, and not meant to be entirely accurate or definitive.

I too have an 087 prefix, on AIS/One-2-Call and an 088 prefix on Truemove.

Back on topic, it seems like the 090 numbers are fairly new, and perhaps utilized by both DTAC and AIS, and at least some are associated with whit iphones; based on the feedback in this thread? As long as all the switches in the country, and international gateways, have been (re-)programmed to accept a "9" then there should not be any problems.

This is a PITA. I bought my 0900 number years ago before the change to 08900. At the time it was a classy fancy number the 08 prefix screwed that.

Possibly the most well known use of 900 numbers is for the phone sex business. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

So that means Thailand has exhausted it's first 100 million phone numbers... and now we're on to our second round of 100 million phone numbers starting with 09.

Any guesses as to how long that will take to blow thru those?

My guess: 10 years. July 2021.

Not sure how they get the data.. but you can check a network at checkber.com.