Hi,

Just to check,

I'm reading a lot on here about purchasing land and/or house in Thai wifes name.

I understand you must sign a declaration at the Land Office to say the money never came from you and it is solely hers as in you have to prove it is money she had before you married.

What if it's not? I am not bothered about having any legal rights or anything but I'm only concerned, after reading recent posts, that it is illegal?!

Is this saying that once married to a foreigner a Thai loses their right to purchase land etc ??

Surely I can 'gift' the money or something like that from my home country?

Can I buy/get her to buy some land we want? I don't care about owning it or having any rights to it if it must happen that way.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding but that's what I'm picking up from the recent postings here.

Thanks again,

Shug

The Thai government is just trying to prevent a foreigner from acquiring land by way of a divorce settlement. It is perfectly legal for a Thai married to a foreigner to purchase land. Sign the declaration at the Land Office and deposit the money in your Thai wife's bank account as a gift. Do not pay the money directly to the property seller/agent if you are concerned.

MJCM,

The government is not looking to persecute the Thai wives or girlfriends of foreigners that own property in their Thai name. The government is after nominee companies and foreigners controlling those nominee companies. Individual Thai landowners have little to worry about if they accepted a gift in good faith. Having said that, you are a temporary guest in Thailand subject to the capricious actions of officialdom.

Renting a house is the right way to go in Thailand.

Show this to the misses which is a statement made by some minister on a visit to Phuket.

You can translated it into English using Google translation but it's not very good.

"ภูเก็ตเมือง: ผู้อำนวยทั่วไปของที่ดินกรม reiterated ที่มีชาวต่างชาติใช้ไทย nominees ซื้อที่ดินที่ใดก็ได้ในประเทศที่จะมีชื่อของพวกเขาที่ดินบุพกรรมยกเลิกหาก ติด - แม้ว่า nominee ในคำถามอย่างถูกต้องเป็นคู่สมรส wedded.

ที่ดินกรมกรรมการอนุวัตร Meteewiboonwut ทำให้ความคิดเห็นระหว่างล่าสุดหยุดในจังหวัดภูเก็ตเป็นส่วนหนึ่งของประเทศ ตรวจราชการของจังหวัด 30.

ทัวร์เป็นที่มุ่งปรับปรุงบริการประชาชนโดยเจ้าหน้าที่ที่ดินในพื้นที่ที่สาม : การแต่งกาย, เมื่อดำเนินกับรัฐและทำงานหนักเพื่อขจัดค้างการทำงานของ.

จำนวนสมาชิกมากของประชาชนมี complained ว่าจะใช้เวลาถึงหนึ่งปีเพื่อเสร็จสิ้นธุรกรรมที่ควรใช้เวลาหนึ่งวันเขากล่าว.

นายอนุวัตรเป็นอดีตผู้ว่าราชการทั้งพังงาและสมุทรปราการจังหวัดกล่าวว่าเขา พอใจในวันแรกสองจุดแต่คะแนนทั่วไประดับของความสำเร็จในหมู่ที่ดินเจ้า หน้าที่ทั่วประเทศที่เร่งขึ้นของพวกเขาอัตราการทำงานที่ "เท่านั้น 30%".

รอบต่อไปของการตรวจสอบทัวร์จะมาในเดือนกรกฎาคมหลังจากที่เวลาบุคลากรการเปลี่ยนแปลงจะได้รับการพิจารณาถ้าบริการไม่ปรับปรุงเขากล่าว.

"เราได้ให้ความดันบนพวกเขาอื่นงานจะไม่ได้รับกระทำ" เขากล่าว.

สำหรับชาวต่างชาติที่กำลังมองหาที่จะซื้อบ้านในภูเก็ต, พวกเขาสามารถทำได้ผ่านพระราชบัญญัติอาคารชุดซึ่งช่วยให้กรรมสิทธิ์ในต่าง ประเทศภายใต้ครึ่งหนึ่งของพื้นที่ทั้งหมดของโครงการเขาได้กล่าว.

ชาวต่างชาติไม่สามารถใช้ภาษาไทยเป็นคู่สมรส nominee ซื้อทรัพย์สินในประเทศไทยอย่างไรก็ตาม.

"หากไทยคู่สมรสที่มีเงินเพียงพอที่จะซื้อบ้านที่ปรับแต่ถ้าไทยไม่มีเงินและ ใช้เงินให้เขาหรือเธอโดยต่างด้าวเพื่อซื้อทรัพย์สินที่มีการละเมิดกฎหมาย. ถ้าเราตรวจสอบและหาภายหลังที่คนไทยได้ใช้เงินจากต่างชาติในการซื้อที่ดินที่ ใดก็ได้ในประเทศไทยเราจะยกเลิกชื่อบุพกรรม "เขากล่าว.

นายอนุวัตรกล่าวบทบัญญัติของ [กระทรวงมหาดไทย] รัฐมนตรีสั่ง 43 ทำให้ยากที่จะออกเอกสารที่ดินเร็วตามที่ต้องดำเนินการจากจำนวนของหน่วยงาน อื่น. ปรารถนาที่ดินบนเกาะยังได้นำไปสู่ปัญหาที่นี่เบียดเบียนเขากล่าว.

เป็นกุญแจตลาดสำหรับทรัพย์สินบริษัทภูเก็ตคงที่เป็นแหล่งที่มาของปัญหาและร้องเรียนไปยังผู้อำนวยการสำนักงานเขายอมรับ.

"เราจะพยายามแก้ไขปัญหาเหล่านี้และพัฒนาบุคลากรของเราอย่างต่อเนื่องเพื่อ ที่จะให้บริการที่มีคุณภาพสูง. โชคดีที่ข้าหลวงภูเก็ตที่ใช้ในการทำงานในที่ดินกรมดังนั้นเขาเข้าใจวิธีการ และสามารถช่วยให้ผู้ร่วมดลบันดาลทุกหน่วยงานที่เกี่ยวข้องกับ "เขากล่าว.

นายอนุวัตรได้พูดว่าราชการของภูเก็ตวิชัย Phraisa-ngop ที่เป็นผู้อำนวยการสำนักงานที่ดินในนครปฐมในปี 1997 และเป็นรองผู้อำนวยการของที่ดินกรมทั่วประเทศในปี 2003."

I also had to sign a document when buying some land afew years back.

We are now in the middle of selling it, and my wife says I have to be at

the land office again to sign another document. Is this the case? As I will

have to fly back from the UK.

Many thanks

I also had to sign a document when buying some land afew years back.

We are now in the middle of selling it, and my wife says I have to be at

the land office again to sign another document. Is this the case? As I will

have to fly back from the UK.

Many thanks

Could be that the land office considers it marital property and you have give permission for your wife to sell. Get the proper document notarized by the Royal Thai Embassy in the UK, should be ok.

Edited by InterestedObserver