Soldier Police And Civil Association Donation

alex3t

Hello.

Today I had strange guests, they called Soldier police and civil association in Bangkok

which asked me make donations for the treatment of his members, they show me looks like real id cards + photos + they left a receipt(Actually I'v donated several bahts). I not sure who these guys: real or swindlers?

Edited by alex3t

These guys are genuine(I think) and represent a Thai Police/military charity. They have been coming round Hua Hin for years and have ID cards which look/appear to be official Police/military cards. They have a folder with photo's of injured Police/soldiers and they ask for donations for wheelchairs and other medical equipment.

They are always well dressed and polite. I have never donated to them but they accept my refusal and walk to the next address.

These guys are genuine(I think) and represent a Thai Police/military charity. They have been coming round Hua Hin for years and have ID cards which look/appear to be official Police/military cards. They have a folder with photo's of injured Police/soldiers and they ask for donations for wheelchairs and other medical equipment.

They are always well dressed and polite. I have never donated to them but they accept my refusal and walk to the next address.

That is also my impression. Earlier this year I had a visit from two Thai Navy Polices and they asked for donations too. Since I know quite a lot of Thai Navy, Thai Navy were my customer for over two decades, I was able to judge them as genuine. I gave a donation of 1,000 baht but when they saw that I had a navy cap from HMTS Naresuan they gave me a nice "budda" figurine of Naresuan, the Thai war hero. I am quite sure that figurine costs more than my donation.

The guys that have been polite and coming around for years are not genuine. The charity is but they do not represent it. I have seen these two smart men for around 7 years. I have always been suspicious so earlier this year I challenged them and said I was calling the police. They left very quickly although they had only just started calling in the development. A neighbour donated to them and got a receipt. He called the charity and was told that the receipt was fake as were the guys.

Yes, in a country known for faking Rolex watches and Gucci handbags I suspect faking a couple of IDs and a receipt would be a piece of cake.

I am a Highwaypolice volunteer, and when they spotted the stickers on my car, they asked if I am police. My GF said yes, and they left the neighborhood. In addition they never visit the retired army guys in our neighborhood

• 1 year later...