Isuzi - Changing Finance Agreement

We are buying a truck off a member of the family, they bought it at a motor show sometime in January this year and paid deposit of 400k they repay 8600 per moth over 5 years, they now are unable to afford it, the dealer has offer to take the truck back and square the finance, they have asked us of we wish to take over the fiance and have the truck.

I have a few questions

How do we change the finance to my wifes name ??

Is there a way of checking the outstanding finance ?

Truck is a D Max X series se 2.5 - Any information would be good.

Any advice would be also good. Trucks is not my strong point.

Thank you

Blackandwhite

Get a copy of finance agreement or payment slip or in worst case just take a picture of reg plate. Visit finance company, and they can provide info on payment history, down payment and purchase price. If you still find it interesting, they can credit check your wife to take over finance

400k down does not seem likely if monthly payment amount and 60 month is correct. More like 200k baht

but if truck is in good shape, its worth the mentioned finance balance, so let me know if you do not want it as I do :)

Get a copy of finance agreement or payment slip or in worst case just take a picture of reg plate. Visit finance company, and they can provide info on payment history, down payment and purchase price. If you still find it interesting, they can credit check your wife to take over finance

400k down does not seem likely if monthly payment amount and 60 month is correct. More like 200k baht

but if truck is in good shape, its worth the mentioned finance balance, so let me know if you do not want it as I do :)

Sorry you are correct it was 200k, they agreed this vehicle and finance at a launch day.

Deal on this car fallen through now,

Still looking though, looking for a year old pick up

Or anyone know any good deal on new one, I know Ford have a 0% finance offer on that looks okay

Cheers

yep, Ford has a 0% 48 months with 25% down on old Ranger while waiting for new Ranger. old Ranger is on par with Isuzu

If you want to finance, only two ways to go.

1. Buy new, low interest

2. Buy secondhand with existing finance, and take over in Finance company

secondhand cars, when finance, interest is high and must ad 7% vat. Often covered by long repayment period, but do the math and it becomes much more expensive than new