Maesai Border

rickthailand

• 10 months later...

does anyone know if a re-entry visa is needed for those with a non-immigrant visa to cross the border into Tachilek. I haven't gotten mine and was hoping to take my family there just for an hour or so.

does anyone know if a re-entry visa is needed for those with a non-immigrant visa to cross the border into Tachilek. I haven't gotten mine and was hoping to take my family there just for an hour or so.

I have a retirement visa and if I don't get a re-entry before I go I will only be given 30 days when I come back. I think the single re-entry is 1,000 baht and for the multiple one it is 1,900 baht

I have a retirement visa and if I don't get a re-entry before I go I will only be given 30 days when I come back. I think the single re-entry is 1,000 baht and for the multiple one it is 1,900 baht

Multiple re-entry is 3,800 Baht.

I have a Non Imm Multiple entry...... no fee going out of Thailand,,,,, 500 B entry to burma, turn around come back no entry fee coming in and get another 90 days....

If you don't shop in Tachilek, OR stop at the liquor store on the bridge, from car across and back to car about 20-25 mins usually

G

You can use a VIP pass into Burma that doesn't involve stamping your passport.

Just present your passport to Thai Immigration with 2 photocopies of the main page and 100B.

They keep your passport and you pick it up when you come back.

Further information can be found here: http://www.thaivisa....o/page__st__475

Hope this helps.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

We need to differentiate.

a. Non-Immigrant Visa that gives you 90 days permission to stay on each entry into Thailand. This model has no re-entry permits until you contact immigration within Thailand to have the visa extended beyond its validity period. You just leave every 90 days and come back in again, you get another 90 days. If you use the visa to its max, it gets you approx 15 months of stay altogether. After that, you need to leave the country and go to a consulate or embassy to apply for a new Non Immigrant multiple entry visa.

b. When you have a Non-Immigrant visa and contact Immigration within Thailand to have it extended, an approval process starts. Once you have been approved, you will be on the 90-day report scheme. When you are on the 90-day report scheme, you generally do require re-entry permits for exiting the country. If you do not have a re-entry permit, leaving the country means you lose the right to continue on the 90-day reporting scheme, and will need to redo your approval process at Immigration all over again, to get back onto 90-day reports.

Reading your post it sounds like you are on 90-day reporting to immigration, rather than taking trips out of Thailand and back again every 90 days. If you are on 90-day reporting, Gonzo's post does not apply to you, only to those who have a Non-Immigrant visa that requires them to leave the country every 90 days and come back.

Why not call Maesai and ask to make sure what applies in your case: 053 73 1008 or 053 73 1009, ext. 24.

Just present your passport to Thai Immigration with 2 photocopies of the main page and 100B.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Will

How do you get into Burma if you don't have your passport?

I've seen people told at the border that if they left the country they would invalidate their one year visa. If you have a one year visa and want the option of occasionally leaving Thailand, even if it is for a short trip into Burma, I advise getting the multiple entry stamp.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Will

You give Burmese Immigration a photocopy.

This is also good for people on Tourist visa's

who don't want to reduce their stay to 15 days

for a land crossing.

Read through the thread I gave. There is a lot more

information there.

Regards

Will

Hope this helps.

Regards

Will

for a land crossing.

information there.

Regards

Will

Used the system just before Xmas. Yes, a very efficient way of doing it. Just make the 2 copies before you go and it's a breeze!

• 7 months later...

for a land crossing.

information there.

Regards

Will

Used the system just before Xmas. Yes, a very efficient way of doing it. Just make the 2 copies before you go and it's a breeze!

pulling this thread from the past.

I will be trying this on the weekend. nothing to pay the Burmese officials when I come back in?

i also have some people coming up from Malaysia and wondering how does it work? They get an exit stamp on their passports and they have to pay 500 baht when they come in or they can do the VIP thing with two photocopies of their passport? They would all be on the regular tourist visa.

Edited by tigerbeer

Most of us who use the VIP pass, with payment of 100 baht on the Thai side and 500 baht on the Burmese side, do so to avoid invalidating our existing long stay visas or paying the much higher reentry stamp fees.

Tourists on the other hand may gain a time advantage by leaving the country and returning on a new tourist visa. I don’t know what the cost difference is, however.

Most of us who use the VIP pass, with payment of 100 baht on the Thai side and 500 baht on the Burmese side, do so to avoid invalidating our existing long stay visas or paying the much higher reentry stamp fees.

Tourists on the other hand may gain a time advantage by leaving the country and returning on a new tourist visa. I don’t know what the cost difference is, however.

i do have a multiple re-entry stamp. do i need to stamp out at the immigration office which is on the left much before the border bridge? remember doing something like that long time ago. Plus its a sunday that I would be going there and wondering if they would be closed. not sure how that works. Can i stamp out right at the border?

i do have a multiple re-entry stamp. do i need to stamp out at the immigration office which is on the left much before the border bridge? remember doing something like that long time ago. Plus its a sunday that I would be going there and wondering if they would be closed. not sure how that works. Can i stamp out right at the border?

The immigration office is closed on Sunday and primarily handles extensions but any, stamping out or stamping in, would be done at the border, anyway.
  • Like 1

Land-border entry would surely be 14/15 days, not 30 days, and not to mention all the hassle of getting a new O/A-and-retirement-extension, so make sure to get your re-entry permit !

Which is 1,000B single-entry or 3,800B multiple-entry.

Definitely better, if you didn't get the re-entry permit, to use the Mae-Sai VIP-pass system, so that your passport doesn't actually leave the country !

i do have a multiple re-entry. assuming that i will have to stamp out right at the border. my question is whether tourists also need to pay 500 when they come back in? And if i have to pay 500 as well when I come back in with my re-entry visa? Thais do not pay anything, that I know.