Tailors In Bangkok

sezzo

If you can get over to the Sukumvit area then try Raja's Tailors located on Sukumvit Soi 4 oppisite the Nana Hotel. They have been in business for many years. i have been happy with the several items I had made there over the years.

I believe that this post is endorsing Rajawongse (web site http://www.dress-for-success.com/ ) and not Raja's whose web site was linked to in another post.

Yes, these guys are cool. I was introduced to them by a friend who buys their suits. They aren't pushy like alot of the other tailors. They'll even give you a stiff drink right there in the shop if you ask.

I also endorse Rajas across from Nana. Be careful as there are other outfits with the same name. A friend and I advised another friend to go to Rajas to get his suits. He went and then complained that the work wasn't that great and we were quite surprised as we had both had very good experiences. Fast forward, a week or two later I am taking the complaining friend with me to meet the other friend at Rajas. As we are cruising down Sukhumvit he says, "Hey, you passed Rajas!" I told him he was nuts, it was right at the mouth of Nana and we were not even there yet. At that moment we learned that there are other Raja's tailors in town...

I have always used Louis Tailors, 100 yards from Nana Station on the Landmark side of the road.

I must have had a dozen suits and twenty shirts made there over the years, including a Leather Jacket and an Overcoat (all useless to me now that I live here :o )

You probably know that American Film Star Steven Segal spends a lot of time shooting films in Thailand, he gets all his clothes made there when he is here, pictures of him with the staff all over the shop.

I have never been dissapointed..but one thing I do know for a fact is that many of the shops around he Lower Suk are are actually owned by the same family and all the clothes are made at the same place..so it really does not matter who you choose that much.. but the guy that does the fitting/measuring can make the difference to the final fit, although you noramlly have to go for a fitting anyway prior to final delivery of your garments.

I have always used Louis Tailors, 100 yards from Nana Station on the Landmark side of the road.

I must have had a dozen suits and twenty shirts made there over the years, including a Leather Jacket and an Overcoat (all useless to me now that I live here :o )

You probably know that American Film Star Steven Segal spends a lot of time shooting films in Thailand, he gets all his clothes made there when he is here, pictures of him with the staff all over the shop.

I have never been dissapointed..but one thing I do know for a fact is that many of the shops around he Lower Suk are are actually owned by the same family and all the clothes are made at the same place..so it really does not matter who you choose that much.. but the guy that does the fitting/measuring can make the difference to the final fit, although you noramlly have to go for a fitting anyway prior to final delivery of your garments.

If a seriously uncool fat ox like Steven Segal goes there, that's a sufficient warning to stay away.Best advice is to stay away from all Indian tailors although Rajas probably the best of these.Stick with the Thai or Chinese outfits.Dinos or Moonriver on Sukhumvit are OK but not cheap.

• 3 years later...
I am going to be staying in Bangkok near the Siam Centre for 4 days prior to flying to Aust for a holiday and would like to get some shirts and trousers made up.

Never had this done before in Thailand and I hate getting hassled by the hawkers on the streets trying to lure you into their particular shop.

Would anyone have any recommendations of where to go for a good deal and some decent service.

Thanks in advance :):D

I've used Empire Tailors on Sukhumvit, near Landmark Hotel, next door to Nana Post Office, and found them excellent. The shop itself stands out as something special - very tastefully done. Not the cheapest, but super quality. Father and son business, and charming folks to deal with.

I was looking for good advice on a suit recently – I ran a search but didn’t find this thread, perhaps it was too old ??

Anyway – as its been resurrected I'll add my recent experience.

Recently, on recommendations I had a suit made at Rajas; next to the entrance to Nana Plaza. I hate that area but I’d received two personal recommendations from friends who work in top Expat companies and need top quality suits to fit their position, so I tried it.

I had to be very, very specific about what I wanted, down to every last detail. We had a few disagreements (nearly arguments – as Raja himself, being Indian can be quite insistent) which finished with me saying, I know you make suits daily, but I wear them, so please make what I want, not what you think I should have. To be honest, I didn't really like the fellow, but I'll return 'cos his tailor does make a good suit.

After 5 days and 3 separate fittings – I received a perfect fitting suit of an excellent standard, which I am very happy with.

Note: The Tailor is actually a Thai Guy (who probably supervises tailors under him) - Raja and Bobby simply run the shop, take the measurements and orders.

This was my first tailored suit in 6 years because my last suit made in Thailand was not up to scratch. I have been buying designer suits off the rack since, I am now converted to Rajas in the knowledge that I have to be very detailed in order to obtain exactly what I want (see note below).

For 14000B I had a suit that I am very happy with and will go back to the same shop for more.

I was not satisfied with the shirts and I’ll continue to buy labelled shirts off the rack. My style is more quirky than ‘conventional office’ which is why the shirts I had made while of a good quality did not suit my tastes.

Note: By detail I mean things other than material, outer and liner.

• Angle and width of the pockets + Extra ticket pocket.

• Angle of chest pocket.

• Number of buttons, height of the top button, location of Lapel overlap on my chest.

• Number and location of inner pockets

• Location of Flower hole on the lapel.

• Number of cuff buttons, embroidery on cuff buttons, overlapping cuff buttons.

• Control on the shoulder pads (not too large).

• Slim fitting (slightly tapered)

• Exact length of cuff.

• Type of buttons, not plastic & Exact colour (Raja didn’t have a great selection).

• Embroidered cuff button holes.

• Tailored look lapels with stitching marks.

• Depth of Lapel, not too fat.

• Length of trail / tail.

• Single centre / Double tail flap / slit.