Can't Find Internet Explorer

glassdude007

hi all......kids messing :o with my computer now system goes strait to firefox and i can not find my internet explorer which i prefer too use. tryd windows download sight but just updates there????????running xp home trying the back up thing now.. thanks for your input on this.... :D

Open Windows Explorer and look for the IE icon. Right-click on it and choose "create shortcut". Look at your desktop and it should be there. MS doesn't make it easy to get rid of IE so it's probably still there.

cv

hi all......kids messing :o  with my computer now system goes strait to firefox and i can not find my internet explorer which i prefer too use. tryd windows download sight but just updates there????????running xp home trying the back up thing now..  thanks for your input on this.... :D

Hi,

As long as you need to re-install a browser, why not try another browser ?

If you want an IE compatible browser, but a much better and friedlier browser, I recommend Maxthon.

Bye,

Ron. :D

hi all......kids messing :o  with my computer now system goes strait to firefox and i can not find my internet explorer which i prefer too use. tryd windows download sight but just updates there????????running xp home trying the back up thing now..  thanks for your input on this.... :D

Try searching for IE then once found set as your default.

Try searching for IE then once found set as your default.

Right on .... The EXE file (exacutable) for Internet Explorer in Windows XP is found in c:\program Files\Internet explorer\Iexplorer.exe... . If the Kids have deleted it from your desktop and Program files on the start menu. just open my computer and look in the above path. You can also download the IE setup from www.microsoft.com search for Internet Explorer 6. Hope that helps.

VETI

MS Internet Explorer can be uninstalled by going Start - settings- Control Panel- Add/Remove Programs... When this comes up on the left side choose add/remove windows COMPONENTS.... Uncheck the Internet explorer box and hit next. THIS WILL UNINSTALL THE INTERNET EXPLORER SERVICE. HOWEVER I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS AS IT CAN BE HARMFUL TO THE STABILLITY OF YOUR SYSTEM

Doc1.doc