Golfers Interested In Meeting Up Once A Month At Phunaka

kenny999

Hi all golfers in Phuket fancy meeting up once a month for golf, practise before play and a little golf clinic, I am not professional but know how to hit a long ball and love my golf, have seen a few falang at Phunaka who I am sure would love a get together. Phunaka is a lovely little course(not easy) and at a very reasonable price..

Myself and Bill are playing this Thursday tee off approx 09.30 come and join in!!

Edited by kenny999

• 3 months later...

I can't understand why some men around here wear "banana hammocks" to the beach either... Back to the topic. I used to hit some balls there when it first opened, but haven't been by in over two years. And I agree about the courses in Phuket being over priced for what they are. I used to play over 100 rounds a year at some great courses around Monterrey California. The most expensive was Pebble Beach, but it was worth it.

Edited by Jimi007

I can't understand why some men around here wear "banana hammocks" to the beach either... Back to the topic. I used to hit some balls there when it first opened, but haven't been by in over two years. And I agree about the courses in Phuket being over priced for what they are. I used to play over 100 rounds a year at some great courses around Monterrey California. The most expensive was Pebble Beach, but it was worth it.

Of course this is my opinion, considering the over priced green fee's at the other courses here Phunaka is fantastic value for money, it's a great test of your short game and great fun which is what golf should be all about!!

Pebble beach looks awesome but then again so do a lot of the courses in the USA...

Edited by kenny999

Of course this is my opinion, considering the over priced green fee's at the other courses here Phunaka is fantastic value for money, it's a great test of your short game and great fun which is what golf should be all about!!

I've never played a round there. I used to be a member up at Tublamu, when they allowed farangs to join and it was a decent value. But I contracted chikungunya (mosquito bourn virus) a bit over two years ago and haven't been able to even hit a golf ball due to the joint pain... I may go try hitting a few again soon as I seem to be getting better, finally!

I've never played a round there. I used to be a member up at Tublamu, when they allowed farangs to join and it was a decent value. But I contracted chikungunya (mosquito bourn virus) a bit over two years ago and haven't been able to even hit a golf ball due to the joint pain... I may go try hitting a few again soon as I seem to be getting better, finally!

Tablamu is a good course and again great value, I can play their for 1020 bht any day, Monday is their sports day which I think is 1070 bht, let me know if you want some company in the future...

Tablamu is a good course and again great value, I can play their for 1020 bht any day, Monday is their sports day which I think is 1070 bht, let me know if you want some company in the future...

Are you a member there or just the Phuket golf club or what ever they call it now? I was a member there for a couple of years then they said I can't renew because I'm not Thai Navy or Thai for that matter and jacked up their prices to about the same as Phuket Country Club... I haven't been back since.

Are you a member there or just the Phuket golf club or what ever they call it now? I was a member there for a couple of years then they said I can't renew because I'm not Thai Navy or Thai for that matter and jacked up their prices to about the same as Phuket Country Club... I haven't been back since.

No I am not a member but you can become a member, normal green fee is 1600 bht including caddy fee, Monday is sports day and is 1070 bht Phuket country club is way way over these prices so guess who won't be playing there!!

Phunaka normal green fee is 1600 bht which I do not consider to be value for money, but with PEGS discount it is 1100 bht high season, 800 bht low season, great value and you don't feel you are being completely ripped off!!

No I am not a member but you can become a member, normal green fee is 1600 bht including caddy fee, Monday is sports day and is 1070 bht Phuket country club is way way over these prices so guess who won't be playing there!!

Phunaka normal green fee is 1600 bht which I do not consider to be value for money, but with PEGS discount it is 1100 bht high season, 800 bht low season, great value and you don't feel you are being completely ripped off!!

Do you have any information about PEGS? Website or phone number?

Thanks...