Need To Do A Swift Transfer Out Of Thailand

As it says in the title; need to transfer a small amount (5,000 USD) from my Thai savings account to my account in the US. Which Thai bank will make the least "trouble" to transfer money out of Thailand? (I don't work, so no work permit, and the funds have been here in Thailand for ages, so the ATM slip is unreadable.

I have used Kasikorn without any difficulties for sending money out of the country; however from exp this can depend as much on the branch as the bank.

The only minor hiccup I (almost) had was the very helpful chap mistaking New Zealand for Switzerland - I clicked when he started to chat about the Euro conversion rate!

I don't expect you'll have similar confusion with USA.

I have used Kasikorn without any difficulties for sending money out of the country; however from exp this can depend as much on the branch as the bank.

The only minor hiccup I (almost) had was the very helpful chap mistaking New Zealand for Switzerland - I clicked when he started to chat about the Euro conversion rate!

I don't expect you'll have similar confusion with USA.

LOL. Thanks for the info, Atmos. Will try Kasikorn; have had an account with them for a while, so hope they will do it.

If you have no luck, then try Thai Islam Bank.

For a tip, they have always been very helpful, and if you still have no luck, then do a moneygram or Western Union.

I think a Moneygram is more difficult, asking questions about when you brought in the money, etc.