Nakornchai Bus Terminal

Aland

You won't find much "decent" hotel wise around there.

Probably, the best thing to do would be to taxi around on the Ratchapisek inner ring road to hotels around the Suttisan to Huay Kwang area of Ratchada rd - some boutique hotels in the 1500 range along with the larger ones catering for asian tourists. Alternatively, there is a recently refurbished cheap hotel on the cnr of Vihavadi and Suttisan rds (NW cnr).

A little closer to Mo Chit, Saphan Mai has a number of cheap and nasty hotels used by thais for short time purposes but as I said noth much "decent" in the area.

You won't find much "decent" hotel wise around there.

Probably, the best thing to do would be to taxi around on the Ratchapisek inner ring road to hotels around the Suttisan to Huay Kwang area of Ratchada rd - some boutique hotels in the 1500 range along with the larger ones catering for asian tourists. Alternatively, there is a recently refurbished cheap hotel on the cnr of Vihavadi and Suttisan rds (NW cnr).

A little closer to Mo Chit, Saphan Mai has a number of cheap and nasty hotels used by thais for short time purposes but as I said noth much "decent" in the area.

Edited by Aland

• 2 weeks later...

would agree with above comment... taking taxi from Suttisan area or Ratchada area to there would be just 30 mins away (depends on traffic). Nakhon Chai Air really serve you like first class .... i took trip from bkk to chiang mai .... it was superb with 1st class booking they serve you with drinks and snacks as well + clean n hygienic toilet

would agree with above comment... taking taxi from Suttisan area or Ratchada area to there would be just 30 mins away (depends on traffic). Nakhon Chai Air really serve you like first class .... i took trip from bkk to chiang mai .... it was superb with 1st class booking they serve you with drinks and snacks as well + clean n hygienic toilet

You can also go from Ubon to Chiang Mai with Nakornchai Air. Most probably , the best bus operator in Thailand. They do run other routes .as well. I must say I prefer Sleeper trains , on long distance routes, That is on lines running to Chiang Mai , Nong Khai , Ubon Ratchathani, Sungai Golok, Trang and Hat Yai - Butterworth. I first went all the way to Butterworth ,but the time taken was ridiculous. So ,I ended up doing H.L to H.Y and then mini bus to Penang .The mini bus drops you at the door of your hotel ,saves at least 2-3 hours, and a lot of walking.Even if you do not have hotel ,it will drop you off in Chulia street , where all the good ,cheap hotels are. Highly recommended. I love Penang ,lovely place and the Indian Banana leaf restaurants are magic. Salivating ,I am