Alfalfa Sprouts

Ulysses G.

i have seen packages of different kinds of sprout seeds at Kamtieng Market and at Warowot Market, but don't remember exactly where.

When you are going to look for them it would be helpful if you had a Thai translation and/or a picture of the sprouted seeds.

There are many good sprouts other than alfalfa for using as fillers in sandwiches and on top of sandwiches. You can purchase some of them sprouted at Tops and Rimping.

Have you tried green pea sprouts? They are quite nice and have a slightly nutty flavour. Your best bet is to try whatever you see available, and then decide for yourself which ones you would want again, and which you wouldn't eat again. Every person's taste is different so I cannot steer you towards my particular tastes.Also, on occassions the Doi Kom shop at the North west corner of Canal and Suthep Roads have sprouts available.

i have seen packages of different kinds of sprout seeds at Kamtieng Market and at Warowot Market, but don't remember exactly where.

When you are going to look for them it would be helpful if you had a Thai translation and/or a picture of the sprouted seeds.

There are many good sprouts other than alfalfa for using as fillers in sandwiches and on top of sandwiches. You can purchase some of them sprouted at Tops and Rimping.

You can buy fresh alfalfa sprouts at Aden HealthFoodStore on Nimanhemin Road. They also have wheatgrass and sunflower greens.

RP

You can buy fresh alfalfa sprouts at Aden HealthFoodStore on Nimanhemin Road. They also have wheatgrass and sunflower greens.

RP

Yes, Aden sells fresh alfalfa sprouts as well as alfalfa sprout sandwiches for 20 baht. But they don't sell alfalfa seeds for some reason.

I was enjoying a Supreme deluxe Cheeseburger the other day at Sahara on Nimmanhemin. While wiping a bit of Thousand Island dressing from the corner of my mouth I happened to espie a signboard across the street at Aden's advertising alfalfa sprout sandwiches. I never imagined that would be useful information, until now. presumably you can buy the sprouts sans bread.

I would be very cautious about sprouts of any kind, after reading about all the poisoning cases recently in Germany.

One supposes if sprouted by the consumer, they would be safe.

However, in the recent mass poisoning incident, it was the SEEDS that were contaminated (my emphasis added).

Maybe Sahara burger with 1000 Island, not so bad?......:rolleyes: