Buying - Money Transfer Outside Thailand

Hi

Perhaps someone can give me some insight into this question please...

If one was buying a property in Thailand e.g. house with silent company ownership.

If the funds to purchase were outside Thailand and the owner/seller of the house was outside Thailand resident in the EU.

Does it make any difference if the payment was made outside Thailand e.g. from buyers bank account outside Thailand to sellers bank account outside Thailand in EU?

As opposed to doing the funds transfer within Thailand e.g. from buyers Thai bank account to sellers Thai bank account.

The purchase would be completed by doing a share transfer of thai company share from seller to the buyer.

I was wondering would it be stronger legally to do the funds transfer domestically within Thailand, as a bare minimum from the buyers Thai bank account to the sellers EU bank account, as opposed to doing the whole transaction outside of Thailand banks?

Any does it make any difference?

Thank you in advance for any info on this.

foreigners are not allowed to buy property with land exceeding 1 Rai (1600 sq metres);

I think you are confused; let me get this straight;

you want to invest in a company that owns a house; and the funds are coming in from EU;

open a local bank account and tell the manager that you are transferring funds from overseas for the purpose of investing in a company; remember to keep all the documents since you would need them when you transfer the money out of Thailand in the future

"If one was buying a property in Thailand e.g. house with silent company ownership.

If the funds to purchase were outside Thailand and the owner/seller of the house was outside Thailand resident in the EU.

Does it make any difference if the payment was made outside Thailand e.g. from buyers bank account outside Thailand to sellers bank account outside Thailand in EU?"

End quote

Owning a house through a silent company is fully legal but owing land that way is illegal in Thailand. Whether or not payment for the house purchase is made outside of Thailand or in country doesn't matter as long as the taxes and fees are paid here.