Latest On Dl Renewal

PatongPete

The new building is very nice, well thought out and no longer a stove! Infact I was rather cold during the waits and also the new safety video.

Enter the building with first stop to check you docs and get a cover/work sheet the staff uses to keep you in order. Now in comaprison:

BKK for the 1 year, BKK for the 1st 5 year and HKT for the new card with change of address.

Today was the bestg tiome of all!

OK Renew a 5 year, as an retirement visa holder.

Needed: copies of Passport, Extension of Stay stamp, last TM card,

NO Med (for renewal of 5 year)

House paper, for me is a paper from Immi which required about the same copies and they kept my rental agreement. ( I always have a nice visit at Immi) Going back for my new 1 year next week

OK, for different long stay visa holders there are rules etc.

We did a reaction test, color blind test and sat thru a safey video ( lots of stuff but no mentioon of bike in reverse, center lane driving, etc. Not realisitc

OH! if you are a HaYek Master (Chalong Circle Warrior) you'll have a laught at the right of way rules and hints for driving. I would say following their rules you might be there overnight!

Did the pay and wait for pic and new DL. In at 9am and out at 11:15.

Not to bad.

Now, I had a copy of their web site info which is way off and gave it to a staff person right away. It got spirited to the office and they caought up with me later in the morning. Applled was the view.

they are ging to develop info covering all secnerios. of which that are many. From needing a driving test to best case as was for me.

If you are to take the written test it is based on the video, lots of data. 30 ques, 26 to pass 23 can redo that day lower and off with yhou head.

The driving test area is more open adn more direct with a clear area for practice.

Look for the updated web site for HKT Land and Transport offit as to new and more current info.

Stay, they want to help you!

You mean they didn't rip you off?

no one get ripped of there, for 2 license I paid 480b i think it was. They are very friendly and helpful and I wish I could say the same of some of the farangs,ignorent a-hols some of them. Its not the girls fault in the information that u need this and this papper or a copy of this and that.I will say to all farang, do your home work and find out what u need for paperworks and it will very easy.Or ask them, they are very friendly and have a lot of patience(spelling?)but some farang that I see over 2 days there, shouting, rude a_holes.Be nice and u are treated they same way.Thats my experience.