I Have Been Told That: Foreigner Needs Bank Documents Showing He Transferred Money For The Purchase Into Thailand And Exchanged By Thai Bank To Buy C

i have been told that:

Foreigner needs bank documents showing he transferred money for the purchase into Thailand and exchanged by Thai bank to buy condo .

but i have cash money with me brought myself from abroad in my handbag to thailand

does it mean , i cannot buy condo with this cash money ? do i need the money definitly transferred

from abroad to thai bank ?!!!!

if i should transfered foreign currency from europe to thai bank ,

thai bank change the money to thai baht with very lower course.. that why i did not do that.

i have cash money and i want to change it to thai baht in a money changer

who give higher rates and then buy condo

if possible ..

p.s. 2 years ago a friend of mine brought money from europe as cash in his handbag ( 40.000 euro) and he changed this money to thai baht by a money changer with high rates

after he go to a thai bank with this thai baht and he said that he want open an bank account and he want to buy a condo with this money,

and they said it cannot ( he also had a paper document from the privat money changer that he changed money there)

and in the bank they said : if you could change the euro in our bank not in privat money changer, we could give you the document that you can buy a house in thailand..now we cannot because you change the money in other place..

so they did not say sometnig about transfered money at all.. they said: it could work if we changed the many in their bank .. nothing is sure here

To purchase a condominium in a foreign name you need a Foreign Exchange Transaction Form from your local Thai bank for the full purchase price to give to the Land Department when they transfer the Title Deed. This foreign currency should be imported into Thailand through your local Thai bank. Money changers have been known to issue the appropriate document, for a fee of course.

Edited by InterestedObserver

If you bought the money in your handbag, then it is illegally here, you are required to inform customs of money over a certain amount, and also when you left your own country you needed to inform customs at that time.

If you bought the money in your handbag, then it is illegally here, you are required to inform customs of money over a certain amount, and also when you left your own country you needed to inform customs at that time.

This not my question ( i have a document from my bank in europe that i got this money from there)

this cash money is here anyway : is there a way to buy a condo here with this money or not ? this is the question

Thank

This not my question ( i have a document from my bank in europe that i got this money from there)

this cash money is here anyway : is there a way to buy a condo here with this money or not ? this is the question

Thank

Am just telling you that what you did was actually Illegal. You should inform your friends not to try to do it just in case they were to get caught, then you might find that the Customs might just take the lot from them.

Edited by beano2274

Why do you think you will get a bad exchange rate by transfering the money to Thailand bank to bank?

I have always found TT rates are much better than exchange rates at the money changers.

I bought a condo in Bkk a few years ago...dead easy when you TT the money over. The transaction document MUST show the reason for transfer and the exact condo (address) that you are buying.

It is impossible to buy a condo here with cash! (foreign owned) a friend of mine recently had to transfer his money to a Singapore bank and then re send it back to Thailand to buy his condo. It was a huge hassle for him. Believe me, he tried everything to buy with cash. He even had his money in US$ so don't believe posters here that say you can get the transfer documents from an exchange agent. You MUST show that the funds originated from another country.

Good luck.

Why do you think you will get a bad exchange rate by transfering the money to Thailand bank to bank?

I have always found TT rates are much better than exchange rates at the money changers.

I bought a condo in Bkk a few years ago...dead easy when you TT the money over. The transaction document MUST show the reason for transfer and the exact condo (address) that you are buying.

It is impossible to buy a condo here with cash! (foreign owned) a friend of mine recently had to transfer his money to a Singapore bank and then re send it back to Thailand to buy his condo. It was a huge hassle for him. Believe me, he tried everything to buy with cash. He even had his money in US$ so don't believe posters here that say you can get the transfer documents from an exchange agent. You MUST show that the funds originated from another country.

Good luck.

you maybe right

There is a MUST about tranfered money (on the paper of law ) if buy condo in thailand

BUT thai banks also accept and give you the document to buy condo

if you change your foreign cash in their bank for sure,

there are many examples like that happened already

Good luck.

you maybe right

There is a MUST about tranfered money (on the paper of law ) if buy condo in thailand

So what's this thread for then?

Good luck.

you maybe right

The whole idea about proving where the funds came from is to show the land department that the money to buy the condo originated from overseas!

Walking into a Thai bank with foreign cash does not prove that the money originated from overseas!

For example, how would you prove to the Thai bank that this money came from overseas?

Anyone can walk into a money changer in Bkk and change the money from baht to US$!

Please give us some of the many examples that you talk about.

I am afraid you are wrong.

Please let us know how you get on after you go to the bank and ask for the transfer documentation by showing them a bag full of US$'s :lol:

Edited by Livinginexile

Of course. The only countries that have better rates for cash are countries suffering from hyperinflation, or some other grave financial problem.

No one in his right mind would bring cash here, unless of course it was cash that he couldnt pay into a bank in his home country. :whistling:

"i have cash money with me brought myself from abroad in my handbag to thailand

does it mean , i cannot buy condo with this cash money ? do i need the money definitly transferred"

You can still buy property in company name with cash.

Some would suspect that many properties bought here in company name are bought with money that wouldn't pass any serious laundering test.

You only need to look at the buyers to work that out.:o