Plug In Rcds

thaibeachlovers

Doubt anyplace will have in stock as most people looking for RCD protection want house rather than a specific appliance protected. With open wires believe this is a valid reason to using protection from circuit box in spite of the added trip potential and trouble shooting issues. If what you want is below photo suggest you take a copy to a normal electrical shop and suspect they can order for you.

Edit: Suspect this is intended for export to Europe and it seems to have a plug that will not be grounded in most Thai outlets.

1296458865.jpg

Beachlover.... Are you looking for the plug-in versions that fit into a Square D panel? If so, Home Pro does stock 10mA 16 Amp versions up here in CM. Let me know if that is what you are looking for and I can get you a part number and they could order it for you. Not cheap at just over 1700 baht.

Beachlover.... Are you looking for the plug-in versions that fit into a Square D panel? If so, Home Pro does stock 10mA 16 Amp versions up here in CM. Let me know if that is what you are looking for and I can get you a part number and they could order it for you. Not cheap at just over 1700 baht.

No. Lopburi has the answer. Thanks anyway.

Doubt anyplace will have in stock as most people looking for RCD protection want house rather than a specific appliance protected. With open wires believe this is a valid reason to using protection from circuit box in spite of the added trip potential and trouble shooting issues. If what you want is below photo suggest you take a copy to a normal electrical shop and suspect they can order for you.

Edit: Suspect this is intended for export to Europe and it seems to have a plug that will not be grounded in most Thai outlets.

1296458865.jpg

Thanks. I really wanted one in case I'm using tools in a house not covered by an RCD.

My wife's uncle is asking if I can do some jobs for him in his house.

And that is on your work permit? Be careful if you are not Thai. Wives can not put us to work by law. :rolleyes:

It should work for what you want but be good to also have a three pin adapter in case outlet is actually grounded.

I found a shop in Chiang Mai selling not only the plug in unit shown above but also a protected double socket similar to the one I just had sent from Bangkok (bah!).

These two products are by Safe-T-Cut but go under the strangely prophetic brand name "NO ASK" which probably is a good indication of why nobody stocks them. Both are rated to trip at 30mA and cost 900 and 800 baht respectively.

i-4GgZ3b9-L.jpg

Here's the location - look in the map index for "Helpful Electrical Shop".

I found a shop in Chiang Mai selling not only the plug in unit shown above but also a protected double socket similar to the one I just had sent from Bangkok (bah!).

These two products are by Safe-T-Cut but go under the strangely prophetic brand name "NO ASK" which probably is a good indication of why nobody stocks them. Both are rated to trip at 30mA and cost 900 and 800 baht respectively.

i-4GgZ3b9-L.jpg

Thanks for that. I'll try and get up to CM sometime.

BTW, I noticed that your helpful map did not show a cinema. Is that because thry still don't have one up there?

i-4GgZ3b9-L.jpg

Thanks for that. I'll try and get up to CM sometime.

BTW, I noticed that your helpful map did not show a cinema. Is that because thry still don't have one up there?

Just the two Multiplexes - it's a hard life up here.