Thaksin Offers To Be Trade Ambassador

Lite Beer

How many of you know the story of the goose that laid the golden eggs? Or the origins of the expression, "cooked his goose"? Thaksin knows how to keep the Thai goose happy , well fed and laying eggs, Abhisit's team was too greedy and short sighted, it cooked the goose. So Thaksin is good at skimming the cream off the milk, but the cows will only produce milk if they are well fed and happy. The Dems preferred meat to milk, so the herd suffered. The herd wants their former farmer back in control.

Sorry for the agricultural metaphors, but they are a simple way to express a complex situation.

Except you got the story the wrong way around, and left out the part about the fox.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Abhisit's team was too greedy and short sighted, it cooked the goose. So Thaksin is good at skimming the cream off the milk, but the cows will only produce milk if they are well fed and happy. The Dems preferred meat to milk, so the herd suffered. The herd wants their former farmer back in control.

If Abhisit was the greedy one, how come it was Thaksin and not Abhisit, whose personal fortune multiplied many times over whilst in power?

Far as i can see, Abhisit's wealth has remained the same. Please tell me if you know otherwise.

UPDATE:

PM Yingluck dismissed as groundless a report that Thaksin has offerred to work for govt as an envoy for foreign trade negotiations.

-- Bangkok Post SMS 2011-08-14 @12:48

So in fact she admitted that the Phue Thai ranks are full of people lying through their teeth.Anything news to announce?

Thaksin is a disease to Thailand, this guy has some nerves, he will never give up with his offers to get back into politics. The media should stop broadcasting and interviewing this virus because they are the ones that make him popular.

Yes!!! a real joker - although he is not funny and I feel sorry for him holding such firm and staunch support for Thaksin when a majority of the posters (scotbeve excluded on this) realise and understand what a liability and 'thorn in the side' Thaksin is for Thailand!!!!:jap:. Let us pity these two poor individuals and pray for their souls :D . Altogether now!! "may they be spared from their ignorant and foolish views, dear god"!!!

Being very presumptuous are we. I believe there are over 50,000 TV members out of which there are about 50 of you who have an extreme hard on for Thaksin. Any mention of his name, and you guys go ape shit on Thaksin with a passion. I believe a majority of TV like Thailand and the Thai's are indifferent, and there is a fairly large population that do strongly support him. Foreigners have no voice and can not influence any election ever. So realistically no one really cares what you think.

To the poor guy on the field who's only concern is where his next meal is coming from, he see's Thaksin as a person who will help him out. This is Thailand, so what if he is corrupt. Breaking news "Every Thai politician is corrupt". Say what you will, the Thai's have spoken and a Shinawatra is running the country. And you can huff and puff and throw as many wise cracks as possible, but that is not going to change soon. Sorry.

A very good offer.

Thaksin is a smart businessman. He has a real knowledge of the business world. He has all the connections, in Thailand and abroad.

How can you make the difference between a winner and a whiner ? A winner is always making plan for the future, a whiner knows only how to cry about the past.

On July 3rd, the Thai people have made their choice clear, they don't want to get stuck with a bunch of sore losers.

It won't stop the whiners, but for the rest of us there is hope for a better future. And we are more than confident with the people in charge

Good idea, lets just let all criminals out ot prison...forgive and forget... sack all the judges and policemen, forget about the law..! clever man Jurgen..! conmen are not businessmen, they are criminals... but we live in a Banana Republic and the door is always open for us Farangs.. Amazing Thailand And . please tell your wife to take her own ID in TV and learn how to write in English..

Al Capone was a smart businessman too and he didn't pay taxes either.

I think Thaksin is a smart businessman. If he were to take up this role, it will definitely help Thailand a lot. He's influential and smart. That's why Japan and Germany are willing to relax their rules.

Thaksin, is that you? Fitting user-name if so.

As usual, a few dedicated Thaksin supporters are trying to supply spin by claiming "retroactive laws" and "political motivation". The Rhatchadapisek land deal isn't the only criminal charge he is up on, it just happens to be the only one for which he was actually in the country at the time of the trial (which took place under his "own" PPP government), and thus able to be convicted of. Let's remind ourselves of the findings of the asset seizure case:

"The court verdict said TOT had lost THB70 billion in revenue when AIS was allowed to reduce the share of pre-paid turnover it paid TOT from 25% to 20% by altering its build-transfer-operate (BTO) concession with the telco. TOT and fellow state-owned telco CAT were also deprived of concession fees totalling THB60 billion when a telecom excise tax was introduced to replace the fees. Meanwhile, the Transport Ministry's contract with Thaicom (formerly Shin Satellite) was amended several times to the firm's benefit, costing the state THB20 billion, the ruling said".

http://www.voipprovi...et-seizure.html

Also: "It came out during the trial that Thaksin's son, Panthongtae, went to Burma with him at least once and that during the visit, there was a demonstration of what Thaicom had to offer as the Burmese junta sought to enhance that country's telecom development.

However, a major point to consider is who was or were responsible for the distribution of more than Bt300 million straight to Thaicom following the loan agreement".

(Regarding his using an official government trip to sell his own company's satellite equipment to Burma, after the Thai government gave them a loan to buy it. The article also has a good summary of the share manipulation within the Shinawatra family prior to the sale of AIS).

http://www.transpare...id=87&Itemid=39

For the benefit of those who weren't around from the start of the Thaksin years, there are one or two other little items:

One of his first political promises was to solve Bangkok's traffic problems or resign. Needless to say he did neither.

He "mistakenly" transferred millions of dollars worth of shares into other peoples names, including his maid and gardener, and then "forgot" about it when declaring his assets upon first becoming PM.

His government's cover up of bird flu in an attempt to protect Thai poultry farmers, leading to the death of at least one child:

"The first boy who died is believed to have picked up the virus after touching the carcasses of infected poultry in his village in western Kanchanaburi province. His father, Chamnan Boonmanut, hit out over the government's handling of the crisis on Monday. "The government knew, so why didn't they tell the public so that we could protect ourselves?" he said. "Nobody wants to get sick and die".

"Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, faced with accusations of a cover-up, has admitted his government initially kept quiet about its suspicions that avian flu had broken out, to avoid causing public panic".

http://news.bbc.co.u...fic/3432545.stm

And not forgetting the war on drugs. However "popular" it may have been it essentially gave police official sanction be be judge, jury and executioner. Hardly a democratic policy towards people presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Maybe one could forgive one "little mistake", and claim the prosecution of it was due to ulteria political motives, but the evidence points to a man who has cheated the Thai people at every opportunity he has got. Even his start in successful business, by being married to the daughter of the chief of police and being awarded the contract to supply computers to every police station in Thailand, stinks of corruption. His callous disregard for people's lives, his numerous lies, his inciting of "revolution", and the disappearance and/or deaths of those who have sought to bear witness against him all point to his true character. This is the man who is a hero to a few on this forum, the man they want to see representing the country. The dregs of humanity.

Nicely done but the ones in need will ignore the facts, still I have to wonder what the supporters get for their support of a criminal organization

As usual, a few dedicated Thaksin supporters are trying to supply spin by claiming "retroactive laws" and "political motivation". The Rhatchadapisek land deal isn't the only criminal charge he is up on, it just happens to be the only one for which he was actually in the country at the time of the trial (which took place under his "own" PPP government), and thus able to be convicted of. Let's remind ourselves of the findings of the asset seizure case:

"The court verdict said TOT had lost THB70 billion in revenue when AIS was allowed to reduce the share of pre-paid turnover it paid TOT from 25% to 20% by altering its build-transfer-operate (BTO) concession with the telco. TOT and fellow state-owned telco CAT were also deprived of concession fees totalling THB60 billion when a telecom excise tax was introduced to replace the fees. Meanwhile, the Transport Ministry's contract with Thaicom (formerly Shin Satellite) was amended several times to the firm's benefit, costing the state THB20 billion, the ruling said".

http://www.voipprovi...et-seizure.html

Also: "It came out during the trial that Thaksin's son, Panthongtae, went to Burma with him at least once and that during the visit, there was a demonstration of what Thaicom had to offer as the Burmese junta sought to enhance that country's telecom development.

However, a major point to consider is who was or were responsible for the distribution of more than Bt300 million straight to Thaicom following the loan agreement".

(Regarding his using an official government trip to sell his own company's satellite equipment to Burma, after the Thai government gave them a loan to buy it. The article also has a good summary of the share manipulation within the Shinawatra family prior to the sale of AIS).

http://www.transpare...id=87&Itemid=39

For the benefit of those who weren't around from the start of the Thaksin years, there are one or two other little items:

One of his first political promises was to solve Bangkok's traffic problems or resign. Needless to say he did neither.

He "mistakenly" transferred millions of dollars worth of shares into other peoples names, including his maid and gardener, and then "forgot" about it when declaring his assets upon first becoming PM.

His government's cover up of bird flu in an attempt to protect Thai poultry farmers, leading to the death of at least one child:

"The first boy who died is believed to have picked up the virus after touching the carcasses of infected poultry in his village in western Kanchanaburi province. His father, Chamnan Boonmanut, hit out over the government's handling of the crisis on Monday. "The government knew, so why didn't they tell the public so that we could protect ourselves?" he said. "Nobody wants to get sick and die".

"Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, faced with accusations of a cover-up, has admitted his government initially kept quiet about its suspicions that avian flu had broken out, to avoid causing public panic".

http://news.bbc.co.u...fic/3432545.stm

And not forgetting the war on drugs. However "popular" it may have been it essentially gave police official sanction be be judge, jury and executioner. Hardly a democratic policy towards people presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Maybe one could forgive one "little mistake", and claim the prosecution of it was due to ulteria political motives, but the evidence points to a man who has cheated the Thai people at every opportunity he has got. Even his start in successful business, by being married to the daughter of the chief of police and being awarded the contract to supply computers to every police station in Thailand, stinks of corruption. His callous disregard for people's lives, his numerous lies, his inciting of "revolution", and the disappearance and/or deaths of those who have sought to bear witness against him all point to his true character. This is the man who is a hero to a few on this forum, the man they want to see representing the country. The dregs of humanity.

Nicely done but the ones in need will ignore the facts, still I have to wonder what the supporters get for their support of a criminal organization

500 baht is the going rate...

I think Thaksin is a smart businessman. If he were to take up this role, it will definitely help Thailand a lot. He's influential and smart. That's why Japan and Germany are willing to relax their rules.

Indeed, Germany must have very relaxed rules...Hence the young German guy recently arrested in Chaing Mai for printing his own money.

Thaksin could have taught him a thing or two....must be pooyai in government first or else must buy licence before can print money for self

Edited by ozzieovaseas

A very kind offer from a criminal fugitive that the government says will not be issued a diplomatic passport.

With sincere apologies to the great Gilbert & Sullivan -( I am the very model of a modern Major General)

I am the very model of a modern Trade Ambassador

I've information valuable that always leaves an open door

I know the kings of Siam and I quote the fights historical

From Ayuttaya to Ratchaprasong in order categorical.

I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters quite unethical,

I understand relations, both the simple and bisexual,

About "Blood-Diamond" mining, I'm teeming with a lot of news,

In fact some nations think it's not as bad as people smuggling booze.

I'm very good at business and taking over companies

I've lots of friends but more than that I've got so many enemies

In short, in matters underhand or things that one might well deplore,

I am the very model of a modern Trade Ambassador

I'm very good at hiding funds and money; sure, I've made a lot

In fact I need it now to recreate my Siamese Camelot,

I've spent so much, I've quite lost track, I really want my billions back

,And really soon I'll get them back; it's thanks to you the Red Shirt Pack.

My sister Ying I do adore, but truly now, she has no roar,

It's me that's bad, I broke the law, no jail for me while I'm offshore

But I'll be back, don't lock the door, they vote for me because they're poor,

In fact in matters rich, for sure, I am the very model of a modern Trade Ambassador.

Edited by ratcatcher

a note on syntax - Jurgen's reference people in charge, refers to the people in authority now, and he was not referring to "the people" as in the Thai people, or the red shirts, etc as your reply indicates that you understood it...

How do you know what Jurgen meant? Is he sitting next to you?

and if I said "yes"??

Reach over and give him an ear flick for me. biggrin.gif

Got a laugh out of that one. The red shirt movement was/is a type of power to the people idea. The Thaksin party was running on the idea that they were representing the common man. THis is why the "people" can be interchanged with those "people" who are now in charge. Because finally we have "people" in charge who actually represent the people, or so they say. This is what I thought Jurgen meant. He can clarify. I hope for the sake of the Thai people that the sister is a good person, It would get her a long way to publicly tell her brother to shut the f... up and let me do my job. Sadly , Thaksin probably is in full charge of what is going on and the snake will put his head up frequently as his ego and lack of maturity will not allow him to just shut up and stand aside.

How many of you know the story of the goose that laid the golden eggs? Or the origins of the expression, "cooked his goose"? Thaksin knows how to keep the Thai goose happy , well fed and laying eggs, Abhisit's team was too greedy and short sighted, it cooked the goose. So Thaksin is good at skimming the cream off the milk, but the cows will only produce milk if they are well fed and happy. The Dems preferred meat to milk, so the herd suffered. The herd wants their former farmer back in control.

Sorry for the agricultural metaphors, but they are a simple way to express a complex situation.

Except you got the story the wrong way around, and left out the part about the fox.

Ah yes, thank you for reminding me, the fox and the grapes, hence the common expression sour grapes, very apt indeed.

"However, he denied that the party had planned to offer the former premier political privileges now that his sister Yingluck Shinawatra had become the premier."

ALL politicians from any party from any country are complete liars; it's a prerequisite for the job. So, don't pay much attention when a politician gets quoted. When I read a denial or promise from a politician, I assume the truth is the opposite of what they said. This gives me a better clue of what will happen and helps me sleep better.

Thaksin is a smart businessman. He has a real knowledge of the business world. He has all the connections, in Thailand and abroad.

As so plainly proved by the resounding success of the, "Elite Card"

"Now how much is that particular fiasco costing the country now" one asks ?

Since we're on the topic of Elite Cards, airports come to mind..... Which loss of revenue was higher? The Elite card or the (still ongoing) loss of confidence AND revenue during the Yellow shirt airports shutdown. I personally know someone who had lost revenue worth 10M baht - and that is just ONE person!!!

Well, since 'They screwed the economy too", then that makes it all right then. Where did you learn logic, from a first year gradeschool student?

Winners and whiners....this forum unfortunately is full of the latter. The armchair loser critics whose only objective in life is to jealosly knock the winners.

It is very plainly obvious the "we" consists of the vast majority of Thai voters.

Thailand desperately needs proactive progressive business minded leaders. Saying Thaksin is only in it for himself is forgetting the why he was charged with trumped up retrospectrive charges. The whiners single him out but forget the blatent back pocket stuffing bumbling Govt ministers that were so resoundly beaten at the polls. Seems the Thai population know more than the armchair whiners ..... And I am not saying what he stood accused of was right or wrong. Compared to some Thaksin is lily white. But charges aside .....where are the people who would make a better roving Trade Ambassador? Time to forget the past and get on with the future and bring a progressive future for Thailand

A better Roving Trade Ambassador... let me see..? is Gengis Khan up for the job, Attila the Hun, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler, Oliver Cromwell, Mao Tse-tung, Kim Il-sung, Caligula.... in this company Thaksin would be about top of the list... Ask the Southern Muslims .. or ask the mothers of the 2840 would be drug dealers murdered in Bangkok and surrounding area

because Thaksin caught his son smoking marijuana.. Give us a break about this convicted -on the run criminal ... lets hope he gets his day at The Haige... Saddam was an angel compared to Thaksin..

Are you really that ignorant or is it just the steroids that you are pumping yourself with? Be careful about going into a sauna.

Winners and whiners....this forum unfortunately is full of the latter. The armchair loser critics whose only objective in life is to jealosly knock the winners.

It is very plainly obvious the "we" consists of the vast majority of Thai voters.

Thailand desperately needs proactive progressive business minded leaders. Saying Thaksin is only in it for himself is forgetting the why he was charged with trumped up retrospectrive charges. The whiners single him out but forget the blatent back pocket stuffing bumbling Govt ministers that were so resoundly beaten at the polls. Seems the Thai population know more than the armchair whiners ..... And I am not saying what he stood accused of was right or wrong. Compared to some Thaksin is lily white. But charges aside .....where are the people who would make a better roving Trade Ambassador? Time to forget the past and get on with the future and bring a progressive future for Thailand

Thaksin is indeed a shrewd businessman. So shrewd, in fact, that he was able to sell his company for a billion dollars and yet not pay any tax. Now that really shows how much he cares about the Thai people.

Thaksin is indeed a shrewd businessman. So shrewd, in fact, that he was able to sell his company for a billion dollars and yet not pay any tax. Now that really shows how much he cares about the Thai people.

Be rather interesting if he ploughed a pile of money back into Thailand now his sister is PM.

Not saying he will of course, but it would rather slam the door on the Dems at the next election.

Be rather interesting if he ploughed a pile of money back into Thailand now his sister is PM.

Not saying he will of course, but it would rather slam the door on the Dems at the next election.

Sorry to say, but k. Thaksin seems smarter than you are. With TRT/PPP/PTP/UDD/red-shirt propaganda lots of people in the North / North-East still believe k. Thaksin paid off IMF himself, gave the THB 1M village funds from his own pocket and probably a few more of those. Surely any of the Pheu Thai promised goodies will come out of my taxmoney k. Thaksin's pockets :ermm:

Edited by rubl

Sorry to say, but k. Thaksin seems smarter than you are. With TRT/PPP/PTP/UDD/red-shirt propaganda lots of people in the North / North-East still believe k. Thaksin paid off IMF himself, gave the THB 1M village funds from his own pocket and probably a few more of those. Surely any of the Pheu Thai promised goodies will come out of my taxmoney k. Thaksin's pockets :ermm:

Comes as no surprise you think Thaksin is smarter than I am, :) maybe he should be Trade ambassador.....

Comes as no surprise you think Thaksin is smarter than I am, :) maybe he should be Trade ambassador.....

I assume you realise I wasn't trying to insult you. I don't know you, so you might be smarter than k. Thaksin. If that's the case, are you interested in the position :)

I assume you realise I wasn't trying to insult you. I don't know you, so you might be smarter than k. Thaksin. If that's the case, are you interested in the position :)

Not until the salary has a garaunteed minimum of 300 baht a day......:D

Not until the salary has a garaunteed minimum of 300 baht a day......:D

Terribly sorry, old chap, but your last remark suggests you might not be as smart and bright as k. Thaksin. Actually even I might be smarter, I wouldn't take the job for a mere THB 300/day. I would insist on a personal 'elite card' and additional, 'open' expense account :rolleyes: