Where To Buy 800 Litres Of Used Car Oil In Bangkok?

Latis

Where can I buy 800 litres of used car oil in Bangkok or in Ubon? A standard steel oil drum holds 200 litres, so I need 4 drums of used car oil. I approached a company in Pattaya but they are only interested in selling one million litres. A little bit more than I need. Thanks for any guidance.

Am I the only one who is curious? What are you planning to do with the oil? :blink:

Me too!

Here's some suggestions ....

Nude wrestling.

Rust proofing an oil rig

Car oil change racket

Running a generator on recycled oil

Frying chips the Newcastle way

Cheap artificial ice-rink

In UK garages sometimes use old oil to run heaters, but I don't think there's much need for garage heaters in Thailand!

• Like 1

Conversely I'd like to know where I can recycle the old oil and other fluids I have like brake fluid, I've checked quite a few places and they all tell us they only recycle cooking oil :huh: .. I could provide a few liters of old oils if you're interested? Far short of 800 though. Is it just engine oil you're seeking or gear lube too for example?

Maybe he needs to oil down a dusty dirt road?

Edited by WarpSpeed

Conversely I'd like to know where I can recycle the old oil and other fluids I have like brake fluid, I've checked quite a few places and they all tell us they only recycle cooking oil :huh: .. I could provide a few liters of old oils if you're interested? Far short of 800 though. Is it just engine oil you're seeking or gear lube too for example?

Maybe he needs to oil down a dusty dirt road?

Maybe he needs the oil to set on fire to light the runway at a secret CIA landing strip in Northern Thailand so the plane knows where to land WW2 style :lol:

You all certainly gave me a laugh. I suppose it does sound like an odd request. I own a farm at Sirindhorn Dam in Ubon. Having 27 rai of land is gre4at until you have to renew the fence. I bought 900 wood posts - Eucalyptus- and have seasoned them outside for the past 18 months. After the rains stop in November and the wood has dried out, I plan to renew the fence. However, treating the wood with a wood preserver, TOA, will require approx. 130,000 Baht worth of exterior wood preservative. I then came up with the idea of soaking the logs in used car oil. A search on the web and an American did the same and his posts are lasting a lifetime. Just don't strike a match!  So, to save 100,000 Baht, I am looking to buy 800 litres of used car oil and each fence post will be soaked for 30 minutes. Hey presto! a cheap way to preserve wood fence posts. I have since contacted a car service centre and they have quoted 2,700 Baht per drum 200 litres. I am now scouting for 4 or 5 used oil drums (200l) to deliver to the car service centre. The guys at service shop said it will take a month to collect that amount of used oil.

After the rains stop in November and the wood has dried out, I plan to renew the fence. However, treating the wood with a wood preserver,

Had a suspicion it was something of that nature. A poor man's creosote. :D

I would say instead, a smart man's solution to an otherwise expensive problem.

You all certainly gave me a laugh. I suppose it does sound like an odd request. I own a farm at Sirindhorn Dam in Ubon. Having 27 rai of land is gre4at until you have to renew the fence. I bought 900 wood posts - Eucalyptus- and have seasoned them outside for the past 18 months. After the rains stop in November and the wood has dried out, I plan to renew the fence. However, treating the wood with a wood preserver, TOA, will require approx. 130,000 Baht worth of exterior wood preservative. I then came up with the idea of soaking the logs in used car oil. A search on the web and an American did the same and his posts are lasting a lifetime. Just don't strike a match!  So, to save 100,000 Baht, I am looking to buy 800 litres of used car oil and each fence post will be soaked for 30 minutes. Hey presto! a cheap way to preserve wood fence posts. I have since contacted a car service centre and they have quoted 2,700 Baht per drum 200 litres. I am now scouting for 4 or 5 used oil drums (200l) to deliver to the car service centre. The guys at service shop said it will take a month to collect that amount of used oil.

used to do that a lot in NZ---one because it is a perfect preserver and two----it is a good way of getting rid of your old engine oil---and of course it really works and lasts a lifetime if its allowed to really soak in---like a couple of hours----good luck mate

• 7 years later...
22 minutes ago, 4raiKohChang said:

Linseed oil might be a better option as that is non-toxic.  That motor oil will leach into your environment.  Did you even find the drums?  I need some also for making biochar. 

Congratulations 4raiKohChang, with your post you just put a 7 year old thread on the Topics on the right.

And I clicked on it and read the first entries before I discovered it's from August 2011! ???? 

• Like 2