Fixed Term / Time Account Allowed For Non-O ?

They have a curious sort of fixed term / time deposit accounts in Thailand. They are used to get a credit card or a loan from a bank. You can't touch the money in the account untill the loan has been repaid or the card cancelled ( I think).

Can you use this sort of account for the 400 000 in the non-o married extention ?

I don't think anyone will be able to give you a definite answer on this as it depends on the judgement of the Immigration Dept staff you will be facing across the desk. Just reading the threads in this forum there is clearly considerable variation in what is or isn't considered suitable for this purpose. As you are talking about some sort of account where the money is 'locked in', you clearly need to resiolve this before making the investment.

Edited by chiangmaibruce

• 2 weeks later...

I will be going to imm. next week. We'll see what they say.

Did you go to Immigration and what was their answer, as I'm struggling with the same question.

I want to open a separate account just for the 400.000 (Non-O Marriage) required and I want it to gain some interest.

But I'm still not sure what kind of Account I can open as I don't believe the Bank Employees anymore, because they already proved that they don't know the rules at Immigration Offices.