Fish & Chips

iainiain101

I think the only Haddock you will get in CM is 'Waitrose' battered haddock fillets in Tops.

Last year I was desparate for smoked haddock....had to import my own from UK....price delivered made caviar look cheap!! The fish price I could live with but the shipping costs kill the enjoyment factor stone cold.....cost of fish 23 GBP shipping 76 GBP crying.gif

I vote for pinning the fish & chips thread.

btw the best is Kelly's at Rim Ping Mee Chok.

+1 for Kelly's

David

Yes, I've heard many people say Kelly's is really good.

Friday's Gecko special is the best value and also quite good.

Unfu****gbelievable. Can't you start something a little more interesting, iainiain101.

Maybe you should substitute one of your i's for a p.

In fairness BB he did specify Haddock, so this is not your every day F&C thread.

I vote for pinning the fish & chips thread.

btw the best is Kelly's at Rim Ping Mee Chok.

I have never been very impressed by their fish or chips, but maybe the best available? :huh:

We sell over 100 portions of Fish, Chips and Garden Peas at The Olde Bell per month and the feedback is almost all very postive!

Of course, what else can the owner say? :)

We sell over 100 portions of Fish, Chips and Garden Peas at The Olde Bell per month and the feedback is almost all very postive!

Of course, what else can the owner say? :)

To be fair, he did say "almost"

T

Oh, another vote for Kelly's at Mee Chok. Decent food al-round, but especially the Fish & Chips (by CM standards).

Edited by Thakkar

:boring:

Yawnnn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bored again with nothing positive to add as usual......why bother with your pessimistic, cynical and critical view of adding Sooooooo many posts that you respond to in the same fashion.

Try to add something constructive as opposed to your usual negative posts of criticism of others, who post in good faith.

<div><br></div><div>I cannot recall any of your posts that offered something of value to TV readers other than sarcastic replies.   Thank goodness for the ignore button from now on for your kind of personality and sardonic retorts.</div>

Edited by Raindancer

Last night, I was in the mood for fish and chips after reading this thread and they were on special at the Gecko Restaurant. 105 baht for 2 big pieces of fish, a decent portion of fries and a side salad. It was so big that I had a difficult time eating it all even though it was good and I was also feeding the big Tom Cat that hangs around there. What a great deal that place is and especially on specials nights. Cheap-skates unite!

(I do not own the place or profit by the sales or get free food for recommending it and I do not even know the owner).

Edited by Ulysses G.

Cheap-skates unite!

Now, now UG, this is a Haddock not a Skate fish thread. biggrin.gif

Anyone who has tried Gecko's F&C will know what a bargain it is.

I came to Chiang Mai to get away from Fish & Chips. But happily found a restaurant serving Fish & Ships

Edited by ianf

Cheap-skates unite!

I came to Chiang Mai to get away from Fish & Chips. But happily found a restaurant serving Fish & Ships

OK...would you care to tell us where this is?

Cheap-skates unite!

OK...would you care to tell us where this is?

Its just near the junction of Canal Road and the road goes to night safari!

I've been told that a small place on a soi off Loi Kroh called "Sweethearts" serves fish and chips which are good at a very reasonable price. Don't know if the fish is haddock. Run by an English bloke.

Anybody?

(For the record I don't run the place and have only had a breakfast there which was pretty good.)

It would be rather nice when people are recommending Fish & Chips if they actually stated the price. jap.gif

My criteria has been spoiled by Gecko Garden's Friday special at 105 Baht and the quality is quite good. I would like to know how other places measure up?

Edited by uptheos