Makro'S Loyalty Scheme

Guderian

My latest receipt from Makro has the following printed at the bottom:

Loyalty Promotion 210.75

FF 160.75

NF 50.00

Can anybody explain to me what that means? When I applied for the Makro card, the lady at reception tried to explain the scheme to me, but her English wasn't very good and I wasn't that interested.

(P.S. I know this is more of a General Thailand topic, but I am talking specifically about Makro in Pattaya, so I'll try posting it in this forum to start with.)

Thanks for the replies. Are the numbers Thai Baht, have I earned 160.75 Baht in fresh food? I vaguely recall the lady who tried explaining it to me saying something about using the rewards in the coffee shop.

What are the alcohol prices like in Makro, wines mainly, any cheaper than everywhere else?

Jimmy

You'd have to compare prices. Some things are cheaper, some are not. I buy San Mig Light in cans there, as it's 100 Baht/case cheaper than the bottles and not many places sell the cans in bulk. About 2 months ago they had a sale on Spanish wines. I tried a Cab Sauv at 275 Baht a bottle and thought it was excellent. I bought a bottle for a mate who drinks more wine than I do and he also found it very quaffable. Then a few weeks later the price came down to 199 Baht, so we stocked up with a lot of bottles. This stuff is as good as Jacob's Creek at less than half the price. I think the offer's finished now, but it shows that you can get some bargains, though certainly not on everything.