Tyre Shops In Phuket

flip

need to buy new tyres for a ford ranger.

any recommendations regarding tyre shops here? was going to the shop close to supercheap before(which has good rates and good service) but would prefer a shop in rawai/chalong area and maybe there is even a "better" one!?

thnks a lot

I like the shop opposite the cops in Chalong. Small, a bit messy, but no time wasting secretaries or sales people who know nothing.

There is a very fat guy there, who is excellent in balancing the wheels.

If you catch a nail, they repair it immediately, for about 100 B.

They do not have a big stock. But they can order what you want.

Have been going there for 10 years.

Ditto the above. Althought I did buy a set of AT tires for my truck at Mannix near to Super Cheap I would likely go to the place across from the Chalong Cop shop.

There is a place thar relocated from further up CFE now right across from the Rawai Lotus that has a good selection. He seems to be more into the fancy rims. I had a look at his stuff before he moved and found his prices to be fare etc. But, my number one is the funky junky one at Chalong PD

wherever you buy, check the manufactoring date before paying. 4 digits, two first is week, two last is year.

Lifetime with 70% traction for natural rubber tyres, almost all truck tyres, is 3 years exposed to UV rays, so if not stored dark since manufactored, 3 years from week of manufactoring

Large main dealers

BQuick Patong next to Jungceylon

Bridgestone shop in town

Manit Center Max

Michelin on Bypassroad

all of these have lifetime warranty on wear and punctures, often 80.000km

Bit off the island, but excellent: tyre shop at the left hand side driving into Khokkloy, just north of the bridge to Phuket. Without me asking about any special deals, they offered me heavily discounted second hand tyres that looked like they had just come out of the factory, possibly taken off a brand new car that had an accident making it a total loss, but without affecting the tyres.

wherever you buy, check the manufactoring date before paying. 4 digits, two first is week, two last is year.

Lifetime with 70% traction for natural rubber tyres, almost all truck tyres, is 3 years exposed to UV rays, so if not stored dark since manufactored, 3 years from week of manufactoring

Large main dealers

Bridgestone shop in town

Manit Center Max

Michelin on Bypassroad

Do I read tghis correctly to gleen that there are tires guaranteed to last 80K in Phuket. 50K miles in America OK./ but HKT is a Tyre eater..

Large main dealers

Bridgestone shop in town

Manit Center Max

Michelin on Bypassroad

Do I read tghis correctly to gleen that there are tires guaranteed to last 80K in Phuket. 50K miles in America OK./ but HKT is a Tyre eater..

Yes

100k km/4 years on the Michelins I ride today, Phuket Fortuna. Not my truck, but tyres work fine even in rain at modest speeds (max 100kmh)

Yes

100k km/4 years on the Michelins I ride today, Phuket Fortuna. Not my truck, but tyres work fine even in rain at modest speeds (max 100kmh)

Are they all Teraine Tires??? I like the grip on the road. We don;'t have the fine roads of Issan so I alsway need to plan and semi off road move.... From Central to Rawai Beach is a bit nutso and lots of tsoft should (safety zone when tour vans and cememt trucks go nuts.) The mics came from the shop near to Mission Hosp!

Not to hijack the thread…But, how about wheels (rims) at any of these shops? And, do any of them have a program where you can see your vehicle with the chosen rim first? Les Schwab in the States had such a program, but only at their shops. Anyone seen one online for local shops?:)

Yes

Are they all Teraine Tires??? I like the grip on the road. We don;'t have the fine roads of Issan so I alsway need to plan and semi off road move.... From Central to Rawai Beach is a bit nutso and lots of tsoft should (safety zone when tour vans and cememt trucks go nuts.) The mics came from the shop near to Mission Hosp!

yep, stock 2007 all terrain mud and snow marked

Buying tyres, my priority would be more on traction, and this of course decreases lifetime, but Im happy with 50-60k km

Not to hijack the thread…But, how about wheels (rims) at any of these shops? And, do any of them have a program where you can see your vehicle with the chosen rim first? Les Schwab in the States had such a program, but only at their shops. Anyone seen one online for local shops?:)

they all sell rims from 15 to 26 inches

a lot of cheap chinese around, I would look for Lenzo as a high quality acceptable price. 6 bolt as used by all (except Nissan Navara) 20 inchers with Nitto or Nang Kang (a Yokohama brand) 265/50-20 should not cost more than 40k baht, available in BKK at 36k baht

• 6 months later...

Need a new set of tyres for a Isuzu D-Max.Anybody know the prices before I go out hunting around.

Cheers

All the tyre dealers will carry tyres for a Isuzu D max

You only need good road tyres not all terrain ones unless you live on a farm

The tyre shop in Chalong has been recommended by a lot of people

Need a new set of tyres for a Isuzu D-Max.Anybody know the prices before I go out hunting around.

Cheers

Well I'm afraid the Tyre Shop opp police station is no more just another large empty space with a few market stalls.Looks like prime development land.

Had a shop around and found that the same tyres can vary by 300 to 400 bht in different shops

Cheers

Well I'm afraid the Tyre Shop opp police station is no more just another large empty space with a few market stalls.Looks like prime development land.

Had a shop around and found that the same tyres can vary by 300 to 400 bht in different shops

Fair enough, i use B Quik at the rear of Jungceylon, Very convenient when we go to

Patong for banking or shopping and there prices on work they have done for me are

always very reasonable compared to what i was paying in Australia

For a difference of 400 baht a tyre i would stick with them and not bother shopping around