New Government Makes It Harder For Farangs In Thailand

svenivan

When I read of the life and death miseries of pensioners, I almost feel glad that I will have to work until I die...

No pensioner has ever thanked me for the taxes that I pay.

SC

Street Cowboy - thank you for the taxes that you pay!

Strangely, no pensioner has ever thanked me for the taxes I paid, either. Perhaps they're all dead. Come to think of it, those selfish people have never thanked me for the National Insurance payments I've made, from which, (I think), pensions are derived.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of us paid taxes and will never see a dime from our government. If someone is giving you money, I can't see complaining because they don't place the cash nicely folded into your pocket. But by all means, lets brand the government as being anti-farang and trying to make our lives harder. ;) I'm sure they have nothing better to do than find ways to make our lives more difficult. ;) Oh wait, I only hear one person complaining. :)

Up till 2 years ago, the Dutch government and pension-clubs sent out forms, stating that one of their high valued customers was still alive.

Since 2 years, the Dutch government doesn't accept just any signature (lawyer, poo-yai-baan or policeman), neither would they accept a signature from the Dutch Embassy.

They signed a contract with the Thai Social Security Office and they will deal with these forms, but only for state-pension. Any other private pension will accept the old way.

When I read of the life and death miseries of pensioners, I almost feel glad that I will have to work until I die...

SC

Why should i ?

I paid in for 47 years ,did you thank me for my taxes when you were going to school ?

Up till 2 years ago, the Dutch government and pension-clubs sent out forms, stating that one of their high valued customers was still alive.

Since 2 years, the Dutch government doesn't accept just any signature (lawyer, poo-yai-baan or policeman), neither would they accept a signature from the Dutch Embassy.

They signed a contract with the Thai Social Security Office and they will deal with these forms, but only for state-pension. Any other private pension will accept the old way.

Thai Social Security Office will do for the Swedish government too. So do you know what "Social Security Office" is in Thai? Then I probably can go there instead flying down to BKK to the embassy.

Thanks for info!

:D:):D

Thai Social Security Office will do for the Swedish government too. So do you know what "Social Security Office" is in Thai? Then I probably can go there instead flying down to BKK to the embassy.

Thanks for info!

:D:):D

What about your local Immigration Office. :unsure:

SC

Why should i ?

I paid in for 47 years ,did you thank me for my taxes when you were going to school ?

Yer and he drives on the roads I built.

Yes, I know that, been here on retirement visa for more than 9 years. But I am from Sweden and now when I got government pension they check every year that I am alive so they not pay out the pension to a dead guy.

<_<:blink::(

Unfair to zombies and vampires ! :vampire:

Bangkok Bank always stamp and sign the certificate I need annually for my company pension. Sometimes 100 Baht sometimes free depends on their mood! Wouldn't go to the British Consulate, I reckon any signature in there would cost upwards of 1500 Baht and come back tomorrow to collect as they are soooo busy!

I visited the Amphur office today to to get a stamp and a signature on a certificate for my pension. Certifying that I am still alive.

But no no! Cannot, you must go to your embassy or consulate!

The same guy signed the paper last year without any problem. But now has the new government said that they shall not have this service anymore.

Thank you very much !

Oh dear Thai Amphar has better things to do than help some forang get his pension. &lt;deleted&gt; has it got to do with making it more difficult for forang here. Next one of these wingers will be claiming Thai authorities are making it more difficult because they wont pay decent social security or give subsidizes housing to non Thais. Grow up please and go back to your own country and look how difficult west make it for legitimate wifes and family of forang here to even visit. Sweden might be different but look at hoops UK and most of europe and USA Japan etc make Thais spouses go through just to get a visiter visa. Pathetic complaint jap.gif

SC

Maybe they will when you thank them for the taxes they paid that paid for your education! :whistling:

I visited the Amphur office today to to get a stamp and a signature on a certificate for my pension. Certifying that I am still alive.

But no no! Cannot, you must go to your embassy or consulate!

The same guy signed the paper last year without any problem. But now has the new government said that they shall not have this service anymore.

Thank you very much !

Oh dear Thai Amphar has better things to do than help some forang get his pension. &lt;deleted&gt; has it got to do with making it more difficult for forang here. Next one of these wingers will be claiming Thai authorities are making it more difficult because they wont pay decent social security or give subsidizes housing to non Thais. Grow up please and go back to your own country and look how difficult west make it for legitimate wifes and family of forang here to even visit. Sweden might be different but look at hoops UK and most of europe and USA Japan etc make Thais spouses go through just to get a visiter visa. Pathetic complaint jap.gif

how difficult west make it for legitimate wifes and family of forang here to even visit.

Maybe because they learned their lesson of the so called Thai wifes/girlfriends visiting. Once they are there they wont leave.

Sorry ,why do you need a certificate to prove that you are alive?I am on an old age pension, have never heard of such a document, if indeed that is what it is.I have to go to my Embassy ,to get Stat .Dec. certifying my monthly income,which I then present to Immigration, and then they issue me with a 1 year extension.I have to do this every year. There is NO document that can be issued by your Amphur, that is accepted by Immigration.That has been the law for many,many years. I repeat ,there is NO document issued by your Amphur ,that is acceptable to them. They need ,and will only accept a Stat ,Dec. , from your Embassy, certifying your monthly income,that is of a minimum of B 65,000 per month, or if you have B 800,000 lodged for a minimum of 3? months in a Thai bank account

That document from the Embassy which I presume you have to pay for, do you have to get a new one every year or is it a once in a lifetime job?

Sorry ,why do you need a certificate to prove that you are alive?I am on an old age pension, have never heard of such a document, if indeed that is what it is.I have to go to my Embassy ,to get Stat .Dec. certifying my monthly income,which I then present to Immigration, and then they issue me with a 1 year extension.I have to do this every year. There is NO document that can be issued by your Amphur, that is accepted by Immigration.That has been the law for many,many years. I repeat ,there is NO document issued by your Amphur ,that is acceptable to them. They need ,and will only accept a Stat ,Dec. , from your Embassy, certifying your monthly income,that is of a minimum of B 65,000 per month, or if you have B 800,000 lodged for a minimum of 3? months in a Thai bank account

What are you on about? This has nothing to do about how much money you get per year/month. It's only a statement that you are still alive. If not, they will not send you any pension.

Edited by Semper

Sorry ,why do you need a certificate to prove that you are alive?I am on an old age pension, have never heard of such a document,

Not everyone comes from Australia ..... thank God.

I come from Australia - thank God. Twice yearly pension increment in line with cost of living increases, nothing frozen because I live abroad. Add to that the value of of the Aussie dollar compared to the pound, thank God I'm not British!

Sorry ,why do you need a certificate to prove that you are alive?I am on an old age pension, have never heard of such a document,

I come from Australia - thank God. Twice yearly pension increment in line with cost of living increases, nothing frozen because I live abroad. Add to that the value of of the Aussie dollar compared to the pound, thank God I'm not British!

Your ancestors were handpicked by British judges though :lol:

As the OP I want to tell everyone that might be interested that I found a very good solution.

I said in the OP that the amphur that stamped and signed the certificate last year had order from the Thai government not to do that anymore.

Today I took a chance and visited the Tourist Police here in Chiang Rai. They welcomed me with open arms, asked for a copy of my passport and a copy of my wifes ID and then stamped and signed my certificate within 10 minutes. Very nice staff!

So a happy end of this story!

Over and out!

:D :D :D

Certainly were. Weren't they the lucky ones though? As it turns out ,now.

Edited by afarang

Pathetic complaint

Your response wasn't much better to be honest.

well i wish the Thai authorities would learn to kick out all pathetic looser no money low life forang here I am waiting for day when they raise the visa requirements to 2 million in bank for retirement visa and in time maybe this place will eventually get rid of sex tourists and rest but I probably wait in vain. And the reason my wife gets a visa for anywhere is because she has in her own name many times more income and assets than those moaning about Thai government not helping them with their forang pensions. Even then then the frorang immigration visa lot due their best to make it difficult. She was even questioned for over 2 hours by german immigration who could not even speak english with all visas air tickets about 20,000 us$ in travellers cheques and rest. Try to take your prejudices elsewhere their are many thais with far more income and wealth than you have ever seen and have no interest whatever in staying other than for travel in west but Uk USA Europe immigration are bent on one model fits all.

is that any better or is just pathetic ok now

He was born in the South West of England, moved to South Africa as an adult working as a policeman before he set foot in Australia........ God bless the Commonwealth.

is that any better or is just pathetic ok now [/color]

Not really, no.

Your punctuation is non-existent, grammar is shocking, considering your claimed experience I would expect you to be at least able to spell farang, or falang if you want to go native.

Self aggrandisement on an internet forum is often unwise and frequently looked on from others with jaundiced eyes.

Your knowledge of how to handle immigration is zero, pomposity is always the prime fail.

And you appear to be hell bent on trying to belittle people who don't have 'loadsa money' .... before even finding out if they have or not.

Reminds me of a song.

'Charmless Man' - Blur.

Pathetic complaint

Your response wasn't much better to be honest.

well i wish the Thai authorities would learn to kick out all pathetic looser no money low life forang here I am waiting for day when they raise the visa requirements to 2 million in bank for retirement visa and in time maybe this place will eventually get rid of sex tourists and rest but I probably wait in vain. And the reason my wife gets a visa for anywhere is because she has in her own name many times more income and assets than those moaning about Thai government not helping them with their forang pensions. Even then then the frorang immigration visa lot due their best to make it difficult. She was even questioned for over 2 hours by german immigration who could not even speak english with all visas air tickets about 20,000 us$ in travellers cheques and rest. Try to take your prejudices elsewhere their are many thais with far more income and wealth than you have ever seen and have no interest whatever in staying other than for travel in west but Uk USA Europe immigration are bent on one model fits all.

I take it she didn't marry you for your commendable command of prose. :D

I I am an australian citizen, recieving both a german state pension and a british state pension, every year between 15th april and 30th april I recieve a proof of life certificate from both govts, which have to be verified by local courts, doctor , or justice of the peace, when we were resident in Huahin we recieved the same forms , we had them translated and had no problems getting them verified at the hospital :jap:

Take it easy and letitbe. If Thai Immigration starts checking all the loosers IQ you can be out of the country quicker than you can say "My wife is very rich!"!

:whistling::lol:;)