Can I Get Non B Extension ?

Hi all,

I have just got my work permit valid until 31st August 2012.

My NON - IMMIGRANT B Visa was issued on 19TH July 20th July and expires 18th October 2011.

I have been told I a can renew my visa during the week before 18th October 2011 for one month extension.

What happens after one month? Do I have to go back, and how much more extension am i liable to get ?

I am a little Confused ?

Looking forward to your replies

Kindest Regards

Paul

You can extend for one year - not one month - if you and company qualify. If not you must exit to obtain a new visa (and with that long on work permit/company paperwork you should be able to obtain a multi entry that would be valid for one year and only have to exit/return every 90 days).

Extension of Thai Business Visa

The Thai "B" or Business Visa can be extended to a one year visa in country as follows.

The extension of the visa is normally based on employment and as such there are certain regulations governing the company who is employing you.

These are the regulations for the extension of the "B" Business Visa:

1. The business must be registered in Thailand.

2. The company must be capitalized to at least Baht 2 Million while operating fund must be at least Baht 1 Million.

3. The company must have a ration of at least 4 : 1 - Four Thais for every foreigner.

4. You must earn at least in accordance with the level specified for each nationality by the Labour Department.

Duration of the Extension

- One year at a time.

Documents required for the extension:

1. Application form (T.M. 7 )

2. Passport or document used in lien of passport and its copies .

3. The applicants 4 x 6 cm. photograph .

4. Extension fee Baht 1,900.-

5. The company letters certifying as follows ;

- Nature of business

- Reason or necessity in employing the applicant his / her position, salary and education background.

- Number of Thai and foreign employees.

6. Copies of work permit or receipt of work permit application.

7. Company's annual balance sheets.

8. The juristic persons Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.50) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

9. Thai employees Monthly Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.1 ) of the latest month and its receipt of payment.

10. The applicants Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.91) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

11. The official letter that certify the registration of such juristic person.

12. Business Registration or Business License.

13. Value Added Tax Registration and list of share holders.

14. A map that indicate location of the Company.

15. For those who operate export business, the documentary evidence clarifying its export activities is needed.

16. For those who operate tourism business, the documentary evidence clarifying its total number of tourist that brought in by the company is needed.

N.B. In case of necessity , documents No.7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 can be substituted by the company letters stating its reason.

Dear poor sucker,

Thanks for that, much appriecated ,one thing which i don't understand, WHY do i / the company have to resubmit all the papers that I submitted in Singapore thai embassy to initially obtain my non b . It seems absolutely crazy!

Will i have to report every 90 with this Visa to immigration ?

Cheers

Paul

Dear poor sucker,

Thanks for that, much appriecated ,one thing which i don't understand, WHY do i / the company have to resubmit all the papers that I submitted in Singapore thai embassy to initially obtain my non b . It seems absolutely crazy!

Cheers

Paul

You got the visa through a consulate that is under Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA).

Thai immigrations is a part of royal Thai police.

They don't speak to each other.

With the extension of stay you must report to Immigrations every 90 days.

You just fill in form T.M 47, you don't have to report in person.

You can send someone with the from and your passport or some offices accepts reporting by mail.

Dear poor sucker,

Cheers

Paul

Welcome to amazing Thailandbiggrin.gif and yes you will, fun fun fun.

The Thai "B" or Business Visa can be extended to a one year visa in country as follows.

The extension of the visa is normally based on employment and as such there are certain regulations governing the company who is employing you.

2. The company must be capitalized to at least Baht 2 Million while operating fund must be at least Baht 1 Million.

3. The company must have a ration of at least 4 : 1 - Four Thais for every foreigner.

4. You must earn at least in accordance with the level specified for each nationality by the Labour Department.

- One year at a time.

- Nature of business

- Reason or necessity in employing the applicant his / her position, salary and education background.

8. The juristic persons Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.50) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

9. Thai employees Monthly Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.1 ) of the latest month and its receipt of payment.

10. The applicants Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.91) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

15. For those who operate export business, the documentary evidence clarifying its export activities is needed.

16. For those who operate tourism business, the documentary evidence clarifying its total number of tourist that brought in by the company is needed.

N.B. In case of necessity , documents No.7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 can be substituted by the company letters stating its reason.

add to this:

17-picture of all the company's employees at work

18-picture of all company's employees in front of the office with clear name of the company showing

- One year at a time.

- Nature of business

add to this:

17-picture of all the company's employees at work

18-picture of all company's employees in front of the office with clear name of the company showing

17 & 18 sometimes....depends on who is doing the application....;)

You can extend for one year - not one month - if you and company qualify. If not you must exit to obtain a new visa (and with that long on work permit/company paperwork you should be able to obtain a multi entry that would be valid for one year and only have to exit/return every 90 days).

Just confirmed with experienced visa lawyer here in Pattaya that one week prior to my expiry of non B (18TH October 2010) we will both go to Jontiem Immigration Office soi 5 and I will get one month initiall extension. Then one month later I will get a ONE year visa stamped in the passport.

Confused ?

Just confirmed with experienced visa lawyer here in Pattaya that one week prior to my expiry of non B (18TH October 2010) we will both go to Jontiem Immigration Office soi 5 and I will get one month initiall extension. Then one month later I will get a ONE year visa stamped in the passport.

Confused ?

Same as marriage extension.

You get 1 month under consideration.

The papers must be sent to BKK where they make final approval.

Confused ?

Same as marriage extension.

You get 1 month under consideration.

The papers must be sent to BKK where they make final approval.

WHAT, a marriage extension !!;) ;) , you must be kidding !! lolohmy.gif My marriage of 19 years was enough

Many thanks for that, makes sense now cheers

All the best

Paul

Confused ?

That is the one year extension of stay - you must qualify and make application for that to get the one month under review period which is than approved for the full year extension of stay. Marriage extensions require the same wait period for approval. Retirement do not require any wait period.

Confused ?

Many thanks guys :)

That is the one year extension of stay - you must qualify and make application for that to get the one month under review period which is than approved for the full year extension of stay. Marriage extensions require the same wait period for approval. Retirement do not require any wait period.