Christmas Dinner In Bkk

pandaparty

We are going back to BKK for Christmas and wondering where we can get a nice Christmas dinner.  It would be nice if it's on BTS route or not so far off but it doesn't really matter.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

One of the popular spots is "Bourbon Street Restaurant" Washington SQ, Sukh Soi 22. Have been going for the last few years. 600Bht I believe this year for some pretty good traditional fare.

• 3 weeks later...

My Xmas dinner up country will be the traditional one we have every year starting last year.

Sausage (garlic), bacon, eggs and if I remember to get some cabbage and potato, I will also do some bubble and squeak in a good old frying pan which sticks and burns a bit to give that extra crunchy taste. I think I have a tin of processed peas and if they were Batchelors taste great when cold straight from the tin.

I also have a tin of steamed ginger pudding and a tin of custard I have been saving since last year.

As I am the only farang that I know of in a 25 km radius there may not be too many at the table as all the rest of the people here are Thai and have never eaten a proper British Xmas dinner.

They will probably eat som tam.

:o:D:D

Christmas Dinner at the Irish Xchange just off the Sala Daeng BTS is great for what you have to pay, its very popular so will need to book.

Have to agree with that. Went there last year and it was excellent. Going there again this year. Also the Winking Frog on Soi 7 are doiung Xmas dinner this year.

I say the Sheraton Grande on Sukhumvit. Pricey at about 900 Baht but has all the traditional foods and even Indian! They have a great Indian Chef. Nice live music, on the skytrain route and a decent and not too expensive wine list. 800 for a decent bottle of Australian or Chilian Chardonay.

I say the Sheraton Grande on Sukhumvit.  Pricey at about 900 Baht but has all the traditional foods and even Indian!  They have a great Indian Chef.  Nice live music, on the skytrain route and a decent and not too expensive wine list.  800 for a decent bottle of Australian or Chilian Chardonay.

I will agree on that-- Sheraton Grande Sukhumit has really good food...

I also recommend.. Rain Tree in Hotel Plaza Athenee (Ploenchit BTS), Heights Cafe in Pan Pacifc Hotel (Sala Daeng BTS, Silom Subway) and Westin Hotel (Asok BTS). They are quite expensive, about the same price as the Sheraton Grande but worth it.

We are going back to BKK for Christmas and wondering where we can get a nice Christmas dinner.  It would be nice if it's on BTS route or not so far off but it doesn't really matter.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

CLOSE TO ASOKE SKYTRAIN SOME WAY UP SOI 23

ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE PAST SOI COWBOY 200M PAST TAI PAN HOTEL.

LAZY PEOPLE CAN GET A MOTORBIKE TAXI FROM THE CORNER OF SOI 23

(AND GET THIS...THE GREAT THING IS THEY PAY THE MOTORBIKE TAXI FARE FOR YOU)

i HAVE FOUND THIS LITTLE COSY BRITISH COMFORT FOOD RESTUARANT

CALLED MOMMA'S

(dont ask me why) WE LOVE IT !!

but i found this place on aJARN .COM, AND ITS SEEMS TO BE A BIT HIT

EMM..... ONLY OPEN 4-5MONTHS

POSITIVES.....VERY CLEAN+COLOURFUL. GREAT SERVICE GOOD COMFORT FOOD MENU, QUALITY IS GOOD....BIG PORTIONS.....PRICES VERY AFORDABLE...BEER 49B HOW CAN YOU SAY NO ..555555

NEGATIVES...SOME TIMES ITS TOO PACKED FRIDAY NIGHTS...HARD TO FIND IT AT FIRST

OK ILL GET TO THE POINT

AND ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.

IF YOU OR ANYONE FEELS LIKE A SMALLER MORE ATMOSPERE TYPE OF PLACE

GIVE THIS NEW PLACE A TRY

ADVIVISBLE TO BOOK AS TABLES ARE GOING FAST.

WE HAVE BOOKED FOR TEN OF US (ON XMAS DAY)

TURKEY MEAL ALL DA TRIMMINGS XMAS PUD AND BRANDY SAUCE 899B

899B WITH ALL THE BEER YOU CAN DRINK

THEY ARE DOING OTHER ALL THAT YOU CAN DRINK OFFERS

WITH WINE AND BEER................FREE <deleted> PROMISED ASWELL (YEAH WE WILL SEE)

NICE COZY PLACE

GOOD TRADITIONAL XMAS NOSH AND BEER+WINE

DECOR AND STAFF NON OVERPOWERING

WE ALWAYS FEEL LIKE GOING BACK AFTERWARDS...THATS ALL GOOD...SO MANY TIMES IVE HAD BAD SERVICE AND EXPERINCES IN THESE BIGGER PLACES AND NEVER REALLY GO BACK.

TRY THIS MOMMA'S

ANYTIME YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED

PICTURE AND WRITE UP ON FRONT PAGE OF WWW.AJARN.COM

• 2 weeks later...
I say the Sheraton Grande on Sukhumvit.  Pricey at about 900 Baht but has all the traditional foods and even Indian!  They have a great Indian Chef.  Nice live music, on the skytrain route and a decent and not too expensive wine list.  800 for a decent bottle of Australian or Chilian Chardonay.

:D Sheraton buffet 1800 ++ now INFLATION :o

That is for xmas eve

Jeez, Lord Jim's at the Oriental is something like B2400++. I can't imagine who would go to a (comparative) dump like the Sheraton when you can have the Oriental for only B600 more.

Any place to get a listing of places for xmas dinner in BKK?

I think I saw one in the Bangkok Post but dont have a copy now. any help appreciated.

Merry Xmas

Bob

http://bangkokpost.net/holidaytime/161205_holidaytime.html

Note that past editions are available. The Holiday Time section has had recommendations in many/most editions. There is a ~ 3 day lag between the newsstand and the on-line availability.

800 baht the first price wine bottle at Sheraton? are you sure?

Edited by frenchFARANGbkk

Thank you LOMATOPO for your help and the link

Regards

Bob

I always go to the Marriott Xmas eve.Still going but they went from 900++ to 2400++ all the big hotels went up.All this in one year and they say the oil co. are ripping off? :o:D Sukhumvit Soi 2.My girlfriend and I have been doing it since they opened.Oh well a sucker born every day. :D

• 1 year later...
I say the Sheraton Grande on Sukhumvit. Pricey at about 900 Baht but has all the traditional foods and even Indian! They have a great Indian Chef. Nice live music, on the skytrain route and a decent and not too expensive wine list. 800 for a decent bottle of Australian or Chilian Chardonay.

Just to inform you the Sheraton is 2200 per person (excluding TAX & SERVICE charge), How do I know?

I have just booked........Hope its goooooood