Toyota Corolla Altis Cng

eladblum

Thinking of replacing my car (Honda Jazz 2008) with the Altis CNG

1. Does TOYOTA adjust the suspensions and brakes for the extra weight? I read that the CNG model is 100kg heavier than the others.

2. What's the max load on this car? I make long trips every other month (1000 km) with wife & kids.

3. How long does is take to fill up the tank (12kg)? and what's the km range?

Any other disadvantages I didn't think about?

4. I know that HONDA lunched a CIVIC CNG but not in thailand. Someone knows if they're thinking about it?

and another thing. The manual CNG model comes with cassette radio system blink.gif?!?!? Do they still make cassettes these days??

Thanks

Edited by eladblum

Toyota has put a lot of work into their CNG Altis. Engine is the old 1,6 modified for CNG with harder valves/seats, different pistons and a bunch of other parts.

Suspension is upgraded for the higher weight, and it still loads approx 500Kg. Dont know about brakes , but assuming they are same as 2,0 weighing the same

Manual is for taxi, so cheapest radio Denso can supply I guess ;) .

Fillup time depends on supply pressure, worst thing is still the ques before you reach a pump

other disadvantages? less power than petrol 1,6. half the trunk gone. CNG/NGV hard to find in parts of the country, and still not available on Andaman side

I would wait for the new Chevy AVEO CNG.

2012_chevy_aveo.jpg

My future son inlaw has a new current model Chevy Aveo CNG, says it's crap, when he can he is getting rid of it. ;)

There's a poster here who has one and loves it. Forgot his name. Matter of opinion I guess.

Depends what he drove before eh !. :huh: My FSIL previously had a Civic and is now very disappointed. ;)

eladblum wrote:

...3. How long does is take to fill up the tank (12kg)? and what's the km range?

Any other disadvantages I didn't think about?...

About 4 ... 6 minutes. Stations in/ around Bangkok are often overfilled, mostly taxis (Altis CNG :)) are waiting and often it will take between 30 minutes or more. Outside Bangkok no problem, except travelling southwards because missing CNG-stations.

Km range (CNG) is about 160 ... 180km for paying +/ -100 THB, plus little gasoline (E20, or gasohol 95) because machine starts first short time on gasoline. Running costs are about 0,65 ... 0,70THB/ 1km, enjoyable.

Alternative for example Mitsubishi Lancer CNG or if you need extreme load for your family Mitsu Triton CNG.

Toyota dealers knows that Altis CNG is a good car and buyers don't get as much extra cookies as Mitsubishi offer. Delivery time for Altis CNG is about 2/ 3 month,for Lancer CNG about 1/ 2 weeks.

http://www.carsanook...e_by_toyota.htm

eladblum wrote:

...3. How long does is take to fill up the tank (12kg)? and what's the km range?

Any other disadvantages I didn't think about?...

About 4 ... 6 minutes. Stations in/ around Bangkok are often overfilled, mostly taxis (Altis CNG :)) are waiting and often it will take between 30 minutes or more. Outside Bangkok no problem, except travelling southwards because missing CNG-stations.

Km range (CNG) is about 160 ... 180km for paying +/ -100 THB, plus little gasoline (E20, or gasohol 95) because machine starts first short time on gasoline. Running costs are about 0,65 ... 0,70THB/ 1km, enjoyable.

Alternative for example Mitsubishi Lancer CNG or if you need extreme load for your family Mitsu Triton CNG.

Toyota dealers knows that Altis CNG is a good car and buyers don't get as much extra cookies as Mitsubishi offer. Delivery time for Altis CNG is about 2/ 3 month,for Lancer CNG about 1/ 2 weeks.

http://www.carsanook...e_by_toyota.htm

south of Hua Hin waiting to get CNG is often hours, sometimes 4-5 hours. Whenever I see a highway CNG station, there is always a que

Same as the Cooking Bottles..Its no joke if your a newbie, i cant recall seeing ques that long since Rationing. I would be worried about explosions if Old Nop fitted it. ,i drank my Coke as far away as poss.:o

Nope, as hard as l try l cannot understand your posts. God knows how the English second language get on.;)

Why do they open the Hoods when filling. In the U.K. i never noticed them do that.The Ques are a farce, no pressure i supose . Ive watched them take 15 Mins to fill a Mitsu cng. Not for me at any price.:o .

Sorry, it's hard to understand what you say, but did you just say you went to a gas station and stood there for 15 minutes to see how long it took someone to fill up a Mitsubishi?