Chiang Dao Updates (Flood)

meadish_sweetball

Hi Chiang Dao people: since your water (if I've understood things correctly) goes through Mae Ngat and then ends up down here, what is your situation now? Raining, flash floods, river level? Are you flooded?

If any of you have the time to post updates now and then I think there are many of us who would appreciate it.

Meadish,.... Mae Ngat Dam collects water only from the mountains and the valley up toward Phrao. It is not very full at all. The Ping River runs through Chiang Dao, Ban Pao, past HWY 1323 as it passes near Mae Ngat Dam and joins with the Maetaeng River in Maetaeng. Mae Ngat's currently nominal flow joins in just above HWY 1323.

The Maetaeng river is running very high from downpours in the mountains last night. The Ping River is slowly receding. Later, water from the Mae Kwang Dam in Doi Saket joins the Ping near Sansai I believe. Not sure exactly how Mae Kwang Dam's water enters in but it is worth checking out with the release statements that the government has published.

I live here in Chiang Dao, only about one block from the Ping River. The river is very high. We have had a little flooding only the people living right on the rivers edge. Chiang Dao area is not flooding at the present time. The river is high and could flood if the rain keeps coming down up north in the mountains. It is safe to visit Chiang Dao.