Red Baron Shite Customer Service

monty1412

Personally I've always been quite happy with Red Baron. Professional, knowledgeable, courteous and prompt are the words I'd use to describe their staff.

probably would have spent 10-15K baht on jacket and pants

10-15k could buy you a jacket OR pants but wouldn't buy you both at Red Baron- perhaps they sized you up when you rode in on your budget CB'r' and knew you couldn't afford their merchandise? ;)

Having a bad day, or is your brain on holiday?

I notice the OP didn't refute the comment by saying, "no I rode in on my BMW S1000RR"wink.gif

Bought my X-11 from Paddock, even got a free T-shirt and a flash light!

Edited by VocalNeal

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I've always been quite happy with Red Baron. Professional, knowledgeable, courteous and prompt are the words I'd use to describe their staff.

10-15k could buy you a jacket OR pants but wouldn't buy you both at Red Baron- perhaps they sized you up when you rode in on your budget CB'r' and knew you couldn't afford their merchandise? ;)

Having a bad day, or is your brain on holiday?

I notice the OP didn't refute the comment by saying, "no I rode in on my BMW S1000RR"wink.gif

Bought my X-11 from Paddock, even got a free T-shirt and a flash light!

The OP didn't respond as it wasn't worth the response.... as you seem to be a RB aficionado and you seem to know them well then you should probably advise the forum if you feel that RB doesn't want to deal with guys who ride anything less than a certain class , style or value of bike . Im sure RB would welcome your defining their business segmentation.

Of course the abject disappointment to so many of us souls who will be precluded from their commercial offerings and thus denied receipt of such lavish gifts as a T shirt and a flashlight will be a cross we but have to bear.

Woody Allen seemed to define it best " I 'd never join a club that would allow a person like me to be a member".

The OP didn't respond as it wasn't worth the response.... as you seem to be a RB aficionado and you seem to know them well then you should probably advise the forum if you feel that RB doesn't want to deal with guys who ride anything less than a certain class , style or value of bike . Im sure RB would welcome your defining their business segmentation.

Of course the abject disappointment to so many of us souls who will be precluded from their commercial offerings and thus denied receipt of such lavish gifts as a T shirt and a flashlight will be a cross we but have to bear.

Woody Allen seemed to define it best " I 'd never join a club that would allow a person like me to be a member".

coffee1.gif

Please exercise care lest you fall off your high horse.

This is not a club nor is Red Baron or Paddock. TV is a forum for discussion not for debate as some seem to think.

BigBikeBangkok is allowed, within forum guidelines, to express an opinion. Which is that sadly here in LOS we are all judged by what we ride/drive or if frequenting go-go bars by what shoes we wear. That is not going to change any time soon.

The lady who runs Paddock gets a bad rap when in fact she, at least to me, seems to be a "normal" person who works in a shop. Case in point with free stuff she didn't have to offer anything and quite frankly it wasn't much but as my grandmother would say it is the thought that counts.

As for RB I know two guys who have bought bikes from there and one who gets his bikes serviced there. They seem to be happy. I was saved from buying a Versys from RB by Kawasaki selling them direct. I do have a jacket i bought from them.

Edited by VocalNeal

I have not used RB.

I want to give a plus for Paddock. I was looking for riding gear, mesh trousers jacket and boots. I started at Paddock and the staff spent more than an hour helping me. I went to them because I sent them an email amongst others and Paddock were the only people to reply.

The downside was that I went to a second shop and found gear cheaper - Paddock had a reasonable choice I think

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best,

Bill Z

Not a very nice comment to make.....we ride what we ride..that`s it.

Got to agree with the OP, i wouldn`t touch RB with a yard stick they seem to see themselfs as the ellite mc shop in thailand...pays your money takes your choice...Now Panda, thats what i call service..

Not a very nice comment to make.....we ride what we ride..that`s it.

Got to agree with the OP, i wouldn`t touch RB with a yard stick they seem to see themselfs as the ellite mc shop in thailand...pays your money takes your choice...Now Panda, thats what i call service..

110% spot on. Funny thing is that Im riding a near new CR250R that I bought from a german guy who is a genius at setting up a bike. Everywhere I go both thai and expat alike say nice looking bike... heck even the cops on sukhumvit when they stop me fro tea money start looking over the bike with interest.

Have attached snap shot of it.

Its quite apparent from the few boards/ forums Im on that some folks try and live and portray a different life by their forum presence. Quite often this involves big noting oneself by either your forum name or descriptor.... generally Im wary of any folks who have nicknames or descriptors that self promote or position oneself in larger than life/ better than thou , admiration and respect seeking manner.

"Big Bike BKK / Secret Soi Rider" said it all for me.... given the name and descriptor the comments as made were predictable and not unexpected.

Just to prove the point here.. have a look at pretty much all of the helpful comments on this topic.. they come from normal non self promoting forum members whose forum name is one that is unassuming/ non self promoting.

Just to finish up.. i rode out to find panda yesterday aided by memory of a google map i had looked at.. didn't find it but spent about 3 hours on the bike on some lesser congested roads which was great fun.

Just love the freedom you have on a bike.... why didnt i do this years ago

post-135230-0-82631700-1317950939_thumb.

Its quite apparent from the few boards/ forums Im on that some folks try and live and portray a different life by their forum presence. Quite often this involves big noting oneself by either your forum name or descriptor.... generally Im wary of any folks who have nicknames or descriptors that self promote or position oneself in larger than life/ better than thou , admiration and respect seeking manner.

"Big Bike BKK / Secret Soi Rider" said it all for me.... given the name and descriptor the comments as made were predictable and not unexpected.

Just to prove the point here.. have a look at pretty much all of the helpful comments on this topic.. they come from normal non self promoting forum members whose forum name is one that is unassuming/ non self promoting.

Don't worry Monty, many here share your feelings. Even on the Ducati Factory thread, we have another "look at me!" video. :rolleyes:

Posted twice in case we missed it the first time!!

Edited by RusticCharm

flaming and name calling post removed. it is also time to stop focusing on other members or their nick names.

being ignored in a store is a daily experienced for most shoppers in TH. Red Baron has an excellent reputation on selling/servicing bikes

and yes, this was a warning to behave and post within forum rules

>>they sized you up when you rode in on your budget CB'r' and knew you couldn't afford their merchandise? <<

Far better that than arriving on a Tiger boxer !!!Then they would know that you have zero taste as well as being skint LOL !!!

>>they sized you up when you rode in on your budget CB'r' and knew you couldn't afford their merchandise? <<

Far better that than arriving on a Tiger boxer !!!Then they would know that you have zero taste as well as being skint LOL !!!

this is funny shit coming from a man who drives a chinese copy of a famous yamaha bike and is always bragging about it to try and get other people to buy one .....:whistling:

I'd like to further reinforce that Red Baron have always greeted me when walking in, asked if i needed any help when looking at a bike or products of theirs and were always to hand should i want more info and all this when pulling up on my Mio 125 :D

I guess what i'm trying to say is they treated me no differently pulling up on my Mio or my VFR, but to be honest when i pull up on the Mio i am wearing a helmet that's worth nearly as much as the bike LOL.

As mentioned previously, Paddock would be a better place for clothing and also there is a great little shop called Rider's Outlet (356 Phatanakan 20) it's a small shop but i was surprised at how much gear they had jammed into it and the prices are decent too :)

I would post a link but i think that's forbidden, right? :)

I'd like to further reinforce that Red Baron have always greeted me when walking in, asked if i needed any help when looking at a bike or products of theirs and were always to hand should i want more info and all this when pulling up on my Mio 125 :D

I guess what i'm trying to say is they treated me no differently pulling up on my Mio or my VFR, but to be honest when i pull up on the Mio i am wearing a helmet that's worth nearly as much as the bike LOL.

As mentioned previously, Paddock would be a better place for clothing and also there is a great little shop called Rider's Outlet (356 Phatanakan 20) it's a small shop but i was surprised at how much gear they had jammed into it and the prices are decent too :)

post a link :)

but not visible email due to spam risk

post a link :)

but not visible email due to spam risk

Their direct website is a little annoying to be honest which can be found here http://www.riders-outlets.com/index_product.php

I always browse their products via Mocyc.com, their listings on that site can be found here http://www.mocyc.com/store/view.php?idclassified=167496 (note that this link will expire every 7 days due to a subscription basis but you should be re-directed)

Karl :)

this is funny shit coming from a man who drives a chinese copy of a famous yamaha bike and is always bragging about it to try and get other people to buy one .....:whistling:

Its only a matter of time till people in general are proud to say they ride a Lifan :jap:

IMG_4580.JPG

:cheesy:

FACEPALM!:cheesy:

Its only a matter of time till people in general are proud to say they ride a Lifan :jap:

IMG_4580.JPG

godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-12453844351.jpg

Caution humour is not always recognised or appreciated.whistling.gif

Just to finish up.. i rode out to find panda yesterday aided by memory of a google map i had looked at.. didn't find it but spent about 3 hours on the bike on some lesser congested roads which was great fun.

Just love the freedom you have on a bike.... why didnt i do this years ago

http://www.thaivisa....r-shop-banhkok/

OK, just returned from Panda shop. First of all, do not rely on their map. Repeat- do not rely on their map. Unless you want to drive past it 4 times like I did. Anyway, go out Pahon Yothin - I started at Victory Monument, but you can pick it up from Ratchada or Lat Phrao. Head out towards Ram Intara. You will go over a khlong. Theres an army camp on the right. Slow down and get left. On your left you will see a small tire shop- small in that its not a Goodyear shop. Turn in that unmarked soi. Its easy to pass by and you wont see the little "Panda" sign until you pull in. The shop is inside that soi. Its small.

Dear Sir

My shop on Payhonyothin Road near Soi Payhonyothin 49/1

I hope you see my map, you understand.

Rgds,

Panda Rider

For humor, some called the Lifan LF250-B a Yamaha copy, while Lifan has the rights to use Yamaha designs – thinking a bit more about this now that Lifan and Cagiva are one we can say that the Tiger Boxer is based on a motorcycle design which is now from Lifan... :rolleyes::lol: Everybody is copying everybody, some get away with it and others get lawsuits... ;)

Anyway... one of the marriage of Lifan MV Agusta is “likely” 250cc V-twin... (see picture from a Chinese press meeting after the signing of Lifan-MV-Agusta deal)

post-12170-0-14854000-1317966547_thumb.j

Thaifan2. You actually ride that? :unsure:

its a poormans harley LOL

Yes poormans Harley, especially now that Lifan owns a good amount of ex Harley Davidson products...

Indian Tata has owned Land Rover/Range Rover and Jaguar for a couple of years. Doesnt make Tata any better ;)

Lifan is what it is, inexpensive bikes

Your kidding me right.. he rides that ??????.. no wonder he's relegated to "secret soi's" too embarrassed to show up on the real ones. god that is so amusing.

Sincere apologies to others who ride that bike, no offence or judgement meant but couldn't let the irony of the situation escape notation.

Ok thats me done on the thread, thanks again for all who rendered USEFUL , CONSTRUCTIVE commentary which was if Im correct everyone but ONE.

Lifan is on a fast track expending its patent portfolio, one old Italian manufacturer with lots of knowledge apparently fitted the profile. Will Lifan motorcycles benefit from the knowledge of MV Agusta/Cagiva... Yes very likely, but Lifan already announced that it will keep the brands separated, and, MV Agusta has found somebody with deep pockets needed to design, develop, manufacture and market modern motorcycles. Many new MV Agusta models are planned...

Maybe RedBaron Bangkok can even be appointed to be the official Thai MV Agusta distributor...

Lifan is on a fast track expending its patent portfolio, one old Italian manufacturer with lots of knowledge apparently fitted the profile. Will Lifan motorcycles benefit from the knowledge of MV Agusta/Cagiva... Yes very likely, but Lifan already announced that it will keep the brands separated, and, MV Agusta has found somebody with deep pockets needed to design, develop, manufacture and market modern motorcycles. Many new MV Agusta models are planned...

Maybe RedBaron Bangkok can even be appointed to be the official Thai MV Agusta distributor...

Agree ,good to know that there is at least one other biker here with more than one brain cell ,and who is open to some new ideas .

PS ,i also love BMW motorcycle models ,but mainly the classic ones from 30 +=========== years ago . :jap: