Stamped Concrete - Who Does It? How Much?

simon43

I need to construct various paths in my 'mini-resort' projects.

Last time I made paths, I used sandwash finish. This wasn't the ideal choice in the long term, because any cracks that appeared due to land movement were very difficult to repair.

I could finish my new paths with non-slip tiles. But stamped concrete looks very attractive.

Can anyone recommend a stamped concrete supplier/finisher in Phuket? Is it expensive? Pros and cons etc?

Thanks for any advice

Simon

have you tried that place on Jao-Faa west just a bit north of Wat Chalong, it directly across from the hydroponic vegi place. i think its called something like Garden Home or Bali Home or something. anyhow its really to spot, it has a big Bali style red brick facade, and they do colored concrete tiles to order, maybe stamped too.

its just a bit down from the huge stone place on the corner with the traffic lights

the other thing is its pretty easy to do yourself. you can buy the rubber stamps on ebay and just punch them into wet concrete. check youtube for videos on how to do it, you could get your builders to do it for next to nothing.

i agree about sandwash, looks great when new, looks like khee after a few months

Edited by stevehaigh

There is a manufacturer located about 3 kilometers north of the Sarasin bridge on the right as you're going north. They make interlocking paving stones and cement stepping stones. Being a factory, they have seconds that they sell at a very reasonable price, in addition to their first quality items, which you can buy at their wholesale rate if you buy more than a few pieces. Most of their stepping stones, which are colored concrete and offered in 30cm and 40cm squares aren't patterned, but I did notice that they do a 40cm square in dark grey that has a pattern stamped into it.

The way Thais lay concrete here I'm not sure I'd trust them to do something a bit more advanced like stamping it; my guess is it would crack up and look shoddy within a year. Only do it if someone can recommend an experienced operator who will show you their prior work.

@Old Croc - I assumed most members on that other forum are not local to Phuket, so I'm only posting the construction thread for entertainment value.

@Lolare - that sounds interesting. I'll drop in and see what this company has to offer

Simon

valentine, some of those pictures are from my neighbors and i can attest they do a very nice job. infact they are the reason i have been looking for stamps to do it myself but might just use them now that you've found them. thanks

valentine, some of those pictures are from my neighbors and i can attest they do a very nice job. infact they are the reason i have been looking for stamps to do it myself but might just use them now that you've found them. thanks

I am looking for an alternative to sandstone for pool coping at a comparable price. I emailed them but got back one those mail box full messages so will have to telephone & ask him to visit.

@Old Croc - I assumed most members on that other forum are not local to Phuket, so I'm only posting the construction thread for entertainment value.

@Lolare - that sounds interesting. I'll drop in and see what this company has to offer

Simon

What I was getting at Simon, was how about posting your building progress pics on this forum?

Many of the people here who are helping with recommendations might also like to see how it's going.

:)