Cocaine Addiction

Tornado

I've been going the gym myself regularly now for the past 2 months and, of course, it’s made a huge difference to the way I feel (and how much I drink, smoke etc).

But one thing I was told before I started – You can’t use going the gym, or any other hobby, as a “replacement” for an addiction you’re trying to kick, what ever it be. The reason is if that hobby lets you down for any reason, you could risk falling back on the habit but in a much harder way.

Obviously, getting fit is a slight exception to this as the ambition is to improve the body, not destroy it. However, the risk and implications of failing is still there.

I’m no psychologist though – this is just what I’ve been told by a friend (who is, sort of).

He's got to give up booze, the friends he partied with, and the environment that leads him to it. Sounds harsh, but it is the only way I know. Also find it helpful if you get up earlier, and go to bed earlier. Something about the night. :o

I used to do more than my fair share, and haven't touched it for about two years.

Most the time I don't think about it, but I still sometimes crave it when I am out drinking in a festive mood.

Luckily I don't really look, and it no longer finds me. :D

Most people who recover from some form of addiction also have some sort of spiritual revelation.

In my opinion and experience it is absolutely essential. :o

I've known guys to "recover" for a few months or years, who did not have such a spiritual experience, only to use again.

Basically he needs to have a large change in lifestyle simply as his current one is revolving around binge useage.. New environment and mates for a while..

As he isnt short of a bob or two why not book himself a 2 - 3 month journey style vacation anywhere but south America.. I have got a bit of a travel hankering in the last couple of months and 2 months to do a tour around some part of the globe he hasnt explored yet changes your social scene, changes your environment, changes your access to the drug and gets that first bit of recovery underway.

Of course the drink is a great (or terrible) precurser to coke.. Most cokeheads like a strong drink and balance the two against each other therefore going on for ages.. I would say if he stays in his current environment and current drinking patterns it will be very very hard to give up for him.

I know it took me totally changing my life and leaving Holland and all of my social circle there to get control of my issues.. Another risk is simply substituting another problem (eg I drink far more now than I did then) so perhaps advising against journeys anywhewre near the golden triangle would be on my list..

An intial long vacation to a new environement and then really strong willpower not to fall in with your old mates..

He seemingly has no fear of an enforced holiday,courtesy of the Boys in Brown?

Take him for a vist to Bangkwan.

Basically he needs to have a large change in lifestyle simply as his current one is revolving around binge useage.. New environment and mates for a while..

As he isnt short of a bob or two why not book himself a 2 - 3 month journey style vacation anywhere but south America.. I have got a bit of a travel hankering in the last couple of months and 2 months to do a tour around some part of the globe he hasnt explored yet changes your social scene, changes your environment, changes your access to the drug and gets that first bit of recovery underway.

Of course the drink is a great (or terrible) precurser to coke.. Most cokeheads like a strong drink and balance the two against each other therefore going on for ages.. I would say if he stays in his current environment and current drinking patterns it will be very very hard to give up for him.

I know it took me totally changing my life and leaving Holland and all of my social circle there to get control of my issues.. Another risk is simply substituting another problem (eg I drink far more now than I did then) so perhaps advising against journeys anywhewre near the golden triangle would be on my list..

An intial long vacation to a new environement and then really strong willpower not to fall in with your old mates..