Quick Help Needed On Customs Office

tjansen

Hello,

I ordered an audio headset from the US. I went to Malaysia for ten days, and when I got back home, I had a customs notice in the mail that had an "Arrival Date" on it that was about ten days ago.

I believe the package is in the Customs Office, since I don't see Thailand Post anywhere.

CORRECTION, the notice is from the Thailand Post, so that brings up the question also of where to go.

I am planning to leave Ratchaburi Province, where I live, this Monday for another 15 days. I probably could do some remote business with Customs on Monday, but it would not be convenient at all for me to go to Bangkok.

I know some people in Bangkok that could probably pick the package up for me, but it looks like I need to send them the original form I got in the mail with my signature, as well as my passport, according to them. I won't do that for sure.

Questions:

Can I sign something and fax or scan and send to my friend and have them go pay the duty and pick up the package?

There are accruing storage fees after seven days, so I am beyond that.

The Noise Canceling headset was about $180 with shipping.

Unfortunately, if everything I am reading is strictly adhered, someone else will end up with a quiet space and I will go on for a while hearing the joyful festivities and loud exhausts blowing off anger at night.

Thanks for any help on this.

Tom

Edited by tjansen

WHOOPS. I was just telling my girlfriend about this after I sent my post, and she asked me why I don't just go to our local Post Office tomorrow or Monday, with my passport, pay, sign and wait for my package.

I must have forgotten these different postal stations know each other.

Sorry for the (hopefully) unneeded panic.

Tom

WHOOPS. I was just telling my girlfriend about this after I sent my post, and she asked me why I don't just go to our local Post Office tomorrow or Monday, with my passport, pay, sign and wait for my package.

Tom

You may even get lucky and not have to wait. The post office for our zip code always has the package waiting. (after payment...)

Tom

You may even get lucky and not have to wait. The post office for our zip code always has the package waiting. (after payment...)

Yes, that is exactly what happened. Af first I thought the mailer was from Customs, and I got flustered, thinking they must be in Bangkok. Then when I realized it was from the Post Office, I forgot to put my thinking cap back on. Thanks for the reply. Tom