Evacuation, Flood Warning For Part Of Bangkok Outskirts

george

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My brother in law and sister in law live in "Montana II " village on that road that goes between Future Park and Nakhon Nayok. I asked them several days ago to come stay with us but they demurred. Can anyone tell me the present situation in that area please? I've not been able to contact our relatives these past two days. Thank You.

My brother in law and sister in law live in "Montana II " village on that road that goes between Future Park and Nakhon Nayok. I asked them several days ago to come stay with us but they demurred. Can anyone tell me the present situation in that area please? I've not been able to contact our relatives these past two days. Thank You.

Asked a few students who live in that village. No major flooding and all is fine.

Goondizzy (love that name) and Frodo, thank you so very much for your reports from that area. You've brought me some peace of mind and most especially my wife. If you ever come to Chiang Mai, drinks are on me..

You're very welcome and happy to help. smile.gif

I had gotten word from a few people on Klong 2, Rangsit Nakhon Nayok, that flooding has started. From what I am able to understand (I'm not fluent in Thai), it is moving slow and about 1.9 meters. Another gave me this link:

http://www.rangsit.org/index.php

http://www.rangsit.o...show_report.php

According to my Thai friend this is regarding Klongs 1-6 in Rangsit and if the levels reach 2.9 meters, they will ask everyone to move to the second floor of their home.

The chart at the bottom shows the date, next of course is the time, and the orange is showing the highest water level at that time. The last column is showing Saphan Daeng Klong or Klong 1.

Hope this helps

A quote a few moments ago from a lady in Klong 2:

"However, at this point of time ... 20.00 pm, 2.75 mtr water height at water gate, make sure that you have packed your things and moved to higher level. If your place is really under the road surface, you shall plan to evacuate."

Not trying to create rumors or anything of the sort, but staying informed the best I can and sharing it.

I'm keeping a very close eye on the Saphan Daeng Klong. As of 3PM water has risen to 2.90, which according to an earlier post was a time to start moving things. I will ask around and keep information updated as I get it.

Take it as you will. This from a lady on Klong 2 in Rangsit:

Yes, please get ready ....... Plenty of Military along the klong are now up to more Sand Pile...get ready now. See around yourself if anything needed to be packed and bring up to 2nd floor.

If you're on Nakhon Nayok road in Rangsit, I would strongly advise you begin to move your things upstairs. My village is beginning to flood, and it's not a pretty sight right now. It's slow, but steady. I'm at the end of klong 2, near klong 3. Very flooded!!

The klongs were opened last (1-4) night and the water has to go somewhere. sad.gif

When all this misfortune is over, I have a take home message for all of you. Regulate the SOPs of your dams operators. You don't have to remember me. You can ignore all my posts. Just take home with you this one. Good luck mates.

Edited by ResX

This announcement from the Rangsit Municipal District is dated the 18th and is in effect as of 4PM today

post-6428-0-50739400-1319018352_thumb.jp

It covers the following areas:

Ta Klong, Klong Luang, Tambon Klong 3-7 of Klong Luang, Rangsit Municipal, Thanyaburi District

The following warnings have been issued:

1. Move personal property to a higher level, at least 1.5 meters from the ground surface

2. Move vehicles, bikes, etc., to a higher location

3. Make sure you have a flashlight, batteries, and a mobile phone in the event all utilities must be cut or in the event of an evacuation.

4. In the event of an evacuation, service will be provided to move masses of people, not on an individual basis.

If you need assistance the Rangsit Municipal Emergency numbers are available 24 hours a day: 02-567-5999, 02-567-4945 or 02-567-4946

Edited by frodo