Ipad Crashes Too Much

cheeryble

So far I've been using Atomic or Opera (perfect Browser crashed too oftzen from day 1).

Opera at least lets me onto Thaivisa.

They both crash fairly regularly (I'd say that means a handful of times over an hour or two....it depends what one's doing).

This has sometimes been soregular that I've reverted to using Safari, which for me is th emost user unfriendly and slow to use of the lot. Problem is Safari also seems to be crashing quite often.

As does iBooks and Angry Birds. That's about all the apps I use now....and they all crash enough to waste considerable time.

Surely I'm not the only one?

Ps: Am I the only one who signs "remember me" and doesn't get remembered on a lot of sites?

I don't have that problem. Mine rarely crashes. I reboot it every few days, maybe that helps to keep it from crashing. Do you just wait until it crashes before you ever reboot or turn it off? That could be part of the problem. I know my iPod Touch has a few games that start acting weird if I don't restart it once in a while. But for most of my internet surfing, I find my MacBook Pro is easier to use and much easier to type on than my mobile devices...

Hi Jmi

I came back quickly because on opening ipad for the first time since my post earlier, i got mail which opened the Youtube app. Twice it played the first word or two in the video then crashed also. Do i want to waste another minute or two trying again? No I won't bother.

I should remember to only use my iPad for reading (though iBooks crashes sometimes) or for emergencies onlyor perhaps if I'm feeling needy for Angry Birds which only crashes about every ten minutes and is easy to restart.

Thanks for the advice about rebooting.

Do yo mean simpoy swiching off between uses? A click of the elongated button near the corner?

I do that regularly.

Cheers

Hi Jmi

I came back quickly because on opening ipad for the first time since my post earlier, i got mail which opened the Youtube app. Twice it played the first word or two in the video then crashed also. Do i want to waste another minute or two trying again? No I won't bother.

I should remember to only use my iPad for reading (though iBooks crashes sometimes) or for emergencies onlyor perhaps if I'm feeling needy for Angry Birds which only crashes about every ten minutes and is easy to restart.

Do yo mean simpoy swiching off between uses? A click of the elongated button near the corner?

I do that regularly.

Cheers

I mean hold that switch down until it asks if you want to power down, then slide the power down on the screen. Also when was the last time you updated the OS? Do you plug your iPad into your computer and open iTunes and sync it very often? It will automatically check your OS to see if there are updates and backup the device. Also open the App Store on your iPad and check for App updates. You can also check app updates from iTunes, but I have found that sometimes it's best to do it from the iPad. There have been a lot of updates lately as iOS 5 came out this week. I haven't updated to it yet. I might download the new iTunes and update it soon. But I like to wait and see if there are a lot of problems with it as there were at first I read...

Edited by Jimi007

Hi Jmi

I do that regularly.

Cheers

I mean hold that switch down until it asks if you want to power down, then slide the power down on the screen. Also when was the last time you updated the OS? Do you plug your iPad into your computer and open iTunes and sync it very often? It will automatically check your OS to see if there are updates and backup the device. Also open the App Store on your iPad and check for App updates. You can also check app updates from iTunes, but I have found that sometimes it's best to do it from the iPad. There have been a lot of updates lately as iOS 5 came out this week. I haven't updated to it yet. I might download the new iTunes and update it soon. But I like to wait and see if there are a lot of problems with it as there were at first I read...

Thankyou Jimi

well i live and learn had never powered down no-one told me!!

Now have iOS 5 and will look for updates to apps as you suggest.

Hopefully one day I won't be asked yet again as every other day to sign in somewhere i have already filled in "remember me" a dozen times already!!

Cheers

HELP!!

After synching iOS5 to iPad my Macbook Mail page disappeared. I got it open by fiddling with the toolbar.

The layout of say my inbox was then appalling and even after i have reduced the stuff on the page it's horrible.

How for example do I remove Last Saved, Date Viewed (which oddly enough half of them say 1 JAN 1970) Rank and Author so I can read more than a word or two of the essential data like SUbject. It won't seem to delete those columns though I did delete others.

I also notice a double line shift as I type in the Thaivisa box.

When I tried opening iBooks on iPad 4 out of 5 books I tried have lost nearly all their pages. Strangely one became OK.

I get a reddish box say something like This page contains the following errors on all but the introductory pages.

Instead of say 600 pages there are now only maybe 14 (example). It kindly still tells me which other books by the same author I can now download. Grrrr!

No!

Angry Birds is now working but stuttering!

Music, Mail, and Photos are working.

So much for my nice evening at the ice cream parlour reading David Hume's Histoy of England.

HELP!!

After synching iOS5 to iPad my Macbook Mail page disappeared. I got it open by fiddling with the toolbar.

The layout of say my inbox was then appalling and even after i have reduced the stuff on the page it's horrible.

How for example do I remove Last Saved, Date Viewed (which oddly enough half of them say 1 JAN 1970) Rank and Author so I can read more than a word or two of the essential data like SUbject. It won't seem to delete those columns though I did delete others.

When I tried opening iBooks on iPad 4 out of 5 books I tried have lost nearly all their pages. Strangely one became OK.

I get a reddish box say something like This page contains the following errors on all but the introductory pages.

Instead of say 600 pages there are now only maybe 14 (example). It kindly still tells me which other books by the same author I can now download. Grrrr!

No!

So much for my nice evening at the ice cream parlour reading David Hume's Histoy of England.

Oy! I told you I hadn't updated to iOS 5 and why... I don't know what to tell you. I always wait until they update it a few times before I update to the latest OS... Maybe you can find the previous version of iTunes and go back to it. I'm running iTunes 10.4.1 still which won't update to iOS 5. I still run iOS 4.3.5 on my iPad. iOS 5 has iCloud, which is supposed to back up everything onto a cloud server. Have you updated your apps? Have you emptied you computer's trash yet? The old version of iTunes may be in there still. Drag it out, throw away you new iTunes and drag the old one into the applications folder of you computer. Are you using a Mac? I usually drag the older application to a backup drive just incase something like this happens or that I might need it for an older computer. Maybe there will be an iOS 5 update next week. I have heard there are many problems with this version.

Edited by Jimi007

HELP!!

No!

Oy! I told you I hadn't updated to iOS 5 and why... I don't know what to tell you. I always wait until they update it a few times before I update to the latest OS... Maybe you can find the previous version of iTunes and go back to it. I'm running iTunes 10.4.1 still which won't update to iOS 5. I still run iOS 4.3.5 on my iPad. iOS 5 has iCloud, which is supposed to back up everything onto a cloud server. Have you updated your apps? Have you emptied you computer's trash yet? The old version of iTunes may be in there still. Drag it out, throw away you new iTunes and drag the old one into the applications folder of you computer. Are you using a Mac? I usually drag the older application to a backup drive just incase something like this happens or that I might need it for an older computer. Maybe there will be an iOS 5 update next week. I have heard there are many problems with this version.

Oy!? Ha-ha!!

Thanks Jimi but I seem to now have all the iBooks loaded. I read that all data was deleted when you dumped an app though I'd have to load my book collection anew, however that is misinformation the same book collection was there with all the pages now readable.

What's more I now know how to update my other apps maybe the browsers will stop crashing.

I'll let you know.

Most important will check Angry Birds.

HELP!!

No!

Oy!? Ha-ha!!

Thanks Jimi but I seem to now have all the iBooks loaded. I read that all data was deleted when you dumped an app though I'd have to load my book collection anew, however that is misinformation the same book collection was there with all the pages now readable.

What's more I now know how to update my other apps maybe the browsers will stop crashing.

I'll let you know.

Great! Glad to hear it. I hope it all work out for you. I was a bit worried after what you posted and some other things I had read.

Cheers, Jimi

1318740632[/url]' post='4768728']
1318707466[/url]' post='4768004']
1318682639[/url]' post='4767454']

HELP!!

No!

Oy!? Ha-ha!!

I'll let you know.

So, is everything woking now for you now? I updated my iOS devices to iOS 5 last night and Safari works on Thaivisa now! My books, music and videos all work too.

I see there is still a little glitch with the quote boxes... Oh well.

Edited by Jimi007