$Usd Internet Bank To Link To Kbank?

AdamVanWildest

Have :

• Kbank
  • Bad Credit

Need :

• Any Internet Bank that I can sign up for Online
  • Accepts Electronic Funds Deposits (EFT)
  • Use my USA Address
  • Has a Debit Card

Can anyone advise?

I have tried ING, which would be perfect, however, i'm required to make an EFT when opening and Kbank doesn't have routing numbers, therefore I can't get ING :(

The only bank that will authorize EFTS (electronic funds transfer system) to a bank in Thailand is via Bangkok Banks New York Office, for forwarding to a Bangkok Bank account in Thailand

You will not be able to fund an online bank in the US from Thailand period, unless you have a source of funds to open an account in the US they will not open one for you even with a US address. They will also only send your Debit Card to your US address so someone there will have to forward it to you

And once you open an account in the US you will not be able to electronically transfer funds to K Bank. The best you will be able to do is Wire funds into your K Bank account or open up a Bangkok Bank account as stated in the first sentence

Good luck, since most people here make these arrangements before coming to Thailand, especially in the post 911 world of restrictive US banking

And once you open an account in the US you will not be able to electronically transfer funds to K Bank. The best you will be able to do is Wire funds into your K Bank account or open up a Bangkok Bank account as stated in the first sentence

Is this just a US thing ?

I transfer funds electronically between my Thai Kbank account and AUS ANZ bank account fairly often (send money both ways) and it is not a problem at all, after I managed to wade through KBanks mess to add the AUS bank account (that was a mission that took about 3 weeks).

Have Google Adsense. They won't send EFT to my Thailand bank.

Need a bank with Routing Numbers that google can send my payments deposits to.

Something that I don't have to sign up for in person, sending the debit card to my USA address is ok, I can have my card forwarded here.

Something that I don't have to sign up for in person, sending the debit card to my USA address is ok, I can have my card forwarded here.

Then your only option is to open a Bangkok Bank Account and then use the Bangkok Bank New York Routing number to have your payments sent, and then Bangkok Bank , will credit them to your Thai Bangkok Bank account

See this for details:

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank/Personal%20Banking/Transfering%20Funds/Transferring%20into%20Thailand/Receiving%20Funds%20from%20USA/Pages/Receiving%20Funds%20from%20USA.aspx

As far as the Australian poster is concerned are you talking about EFTS or SWIFT Wires to and from your AUS ANZ Bank ? If so, you are the first to report that any Thai Bank other than Bangkok Bank will do electronic transfers and not just SWIFT Wire transfers (not counting the two US Banks with only retail branches in Bangkok, HSBC and CitiBank )

Then your only option is to open a Bangkok Bank Account and then use the Bangkok Bank New York Routing number to have your payments sent, and then Bangkok Bank , will credit them to your Thai Bangkok Bank account

See this for details:

http://www.bangkokba...from%20USA.aspx

As far as the Australian poster is concerned are you talking about EFTS or SWIFT Wires to and from your AUS ANZ Bank ? If so, you are the first to report that any Thai Bank other than Bangkok Bank will do electronic transfers and not just SWIFT Wire transfers (not counting the two US Banks with only retail branches in Bangkok, HSBC and CitiBank )

Agree with Langsuan Man on this one, I have my US Social Security deposited into Bangkok Bank New York and then transferred to my branch here, and also have a PayPal transfer of funds set up through Bangkok Bank New York to sent here in Thailand.

@Langsuan Man - I read up on the link you included. Correct me if have any wrong information, but from what I understand....

I go into Bangkok Bank thailand tomorrow, set up up a new account. Then come home, use my Bangkok Bank account number, and use the routing number 026008691 (BKK Bank NY) and use a direct deposit of $200 USD and it'll appear in Baht in my BKK bank thailand.

There are 2 fees, a USD fee, and a Baht Fee.

$200 falls into a $5 fee

then when its converted to baht, an additional fee of .025% fee.

that sounds excellent.

I was always advised in the past that Kbank was a much better bank to have over Bangkok bank, from personal experience do you have any reasons why they'd differ?

also, does BKK bank have any monthly fees or disadvantages

Yes the Bangkok bank via NY is the best thing going.

As for your other question

No BKK monthly fees but a small yearly fee for the debit card.

Also you can link various account to your Bangkok bank internet account.

So you can bring your money over & then transfer online to your K bank if you like.

I link mine to my SCB & Ayudhya accounts also.

Lastly here in the Financial section of this forum we have Ian (ianguygil) & Dave (daveroc) who both work at Bangkok bank

& have helped many expats with various situations.

Edited by flying

For the OP's situation...

One good thing about the BKK Bank New York route is the New York branch only charges its handling fee for larger amounts....Individual amounts $50 and under don't have a fee by New York.

The fee schedule for the New York operation is here:

http://www.bangkokba...0USA%20Fee.aspx

But in addition, each transaction, no matter the amount, will be charged a 0.25% fee by BKK Bank in Thailand...minimum 200 baht and maximum 500 baht. The exchange rate used for those transfers is BKK Bank's buying TT rate for the processing date.

More broadly, there are lots of U.S. banks these days that allow online account opening and include free domestic ACH transfers (including to BKK Bank New York, since it has its own ABA routing number) as part of their online banking suite.

But the applicant typically will need to show U.S. ID such as driver's license and/or passport, have a U.S. address to use as the account's address of record, and some U.S. credit history for identity verification purposes.

Generally speaking, the BKK Bank New York route is going to be more cost effective for moving funds from the U.S. to Thailand, especially for routine recurring transfers, than almost any international wire transfer available, since fees for those charged by U.S. banks often can hit $35 to $60 per wire regardless of the amount.

Unfortunately, AFAIK, the only common way to transfer funds from U.S. banks to other Thai banks (apart from BKK Bank) is via the traditional wire transfer, also called a SWIFT transfer.

There is, as I recall, another way to do this which is to open separate Paypal accounts in both the U.S. and Thailand, and link those accounts to bank accounts in each country, and then move the funds via Paypal.. But the exchange rate for that usually is not very competitive.

There are a few other methods, such as HSBC's Premier accounts that allow online international funds transfers... but that account for U.S. folks has a $100,000 relationship balance requirement.

For the OP, Ally Bank in the U.S. might be one to consider for the U.S. account, since they operate strictly online, have good account terms, and have a good online ACH transfers setup.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

@Langsuan Man - I read up on the link you included. Correct me if have any wrong information, but from what I understand....

I go into Bangkok Bank thailand tomorrow, set up up a new account. Then come home, use my Bangkok Bank account number, and use the routing number (BKK Bank NY) and use a direct deposit of $200 USD and it'll appear in Baht in my BKK bank thailand.

I was always advised in the past that Kbank was a much better bank to have over Bangkok bank, from personal experience do you have any reasons why they'd differ?

also, does BKK bank have any monthly fees or disadvantagesolor]

Which bank is better is subjective and usually is dependent upon where you live. The most important thing is to open your account near where you live or work, since that becomes your "home" bank branch and only they will be able to help with certain problems

I don't have a Bangkok Bank account and don't use their transfer service because I have a bank in the US that will SWIFT wire to my SCB account for $20 no matter what the amount, so I use this method to transfer funds into Thailand but my situation is different than yours, since I don't have regular payments like you do

No fees other than already shown in the other posts and the also mentioned annual ATM card fee that all Thai banks charge