Is Aa Insure Still In Business?

vacationman

Hello,

Just wondering if AA Insure is still in business?

Purchased a policy on 20 September 2011.

Still have not received my Hard Copy of the policy.

So I stoped by last week to pick it up but the office was closed with

no message on the door. Figured they were out to lunch.

So I e-mailed... last week and No Reply.

So I e-mailed again this week and still NO Reply.

Then I called and NO Answer.

Just wondering if anyone has information if something is up

or they just went on Vacation and forgot to leave a Message on the

office door.

Thanks.

I also went by there twice last week to look into some travel insurance. Both times a note on the door said something about a staff meeting. They must have very long staff meetings. Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in potential customers.

David

I recently got insurance through AA at the Chonburi office at this email address: [email protected]

Peter is the guy who will get things done. He has been there since the very beginning.

Check out things with Gary and you may be in for a surprise. Apparently the company has changed hands and Peter is out of the loop as a partner.

Edited by Raindancer

Peter is the owner of AA insurance and a smart man.

I recently got insurance through AA at the Chonburi office at this email address: [email protected]

Peter is the guy who will get things done. He has been there since the very beginning.

Check out things with Gary and you may be in for a surprise. Apparently the company has changed hands and Peter is out of the loop as a partner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what happened to Gary ? What is the sate of confidence with AA Insurance now that he's gone ? Anybody speak with the new CM representative yet ?

I use BUPA Blue Cross but am thinking of some comparison shopping as my policy comes up for renewal next month.

Anyone know what happened to Gary ? What is the sate of confidence with AA Insurance now that he's gone ? Anybody speak with the new CM representative yet ?

I use BUPA Blue Cross but am thinking of some comparison shopping as my policy comes up for renewal next month.

AA is still open for business and the new office manager speaks good English.

I don't know the details but there has been some kind of shake up in the ownership or management resulting in the changes reported here. I went along to the office last week and picked up the paperwork on an existing policy and they had it waiting for me with no problems.

Gary has moved to a new company called Chiang Mai Insurance - take the spaces out of the name and put a dot com after for their website.

As an aside, why is it that so many people who run businesses largely dependent on confidence and stability don't think to manage change in any kind of sensitive way? A simple email to existing customers and an announcement on this forum would have prevented any discussion of closure - who wants to deal with a company where the office closes without explanation?

As I have a policy coming up for renewal, I e-mailed Peter this morning on the form provided on their web site. He responded immediately, saying that a new person is being recruited (no mention of office manager - perhaps he thought that obvious). Anyway, he says the it's business as usual, although one employee has gone elsewhere.

Since I hold two policies for motorized two-wheelers, plus the car, it's good to know that there will be an agent in town to call if an accident happens.

^^ RE:'As an aside, why is it that so many people who run businesses largely dependent on confidence and stability don't think to manage change in any kind of sensitive way? A simple email to existing customers and an announcement on this forum would have prevented any discussion of closure - who wants to deal with a company where the office closes without explanation?'

Why didn't Gary, who pocketed the commission, email or call his clients? Totally unprofessional. :( And he probably expects those clients to come running to him in his new chair.

AA is still open for business and the new office manager speaks good English.

I don't know the details but there has been some kind of shake up in the ownership or management resulting in the changes reported here. I went along to the office last week and picked up the paperwork on an existing policy and they had it waiting for me with no problems.

Gary has moved to a new company called Chiang Mai Insurance - take the spaces out of the name and put a dot com after for their website.

As an aside, why is it that so many people who run businesses largely dependent on confidence and stability don't think to manage change in any kind of sensitive way? A simple email to existing customers and an announcement on this forum would have prevented any discussion of closure - who wants to deal with a company where the office closes without explanation?

Who is in charge/owner of this insurance company (Chiang Mai Insurance)?

• 1 month later...

There is a legal notice in The Chiang Mai Post (Dec. 16- 31 issue) that Gary Newitt is no longer representing them and that they are taking legal action against him for theft of clients insurance premiums. They have filed charges with the police.