You Restaurant Thai Visa Sponsors - Christmas Dinner Inquiries

Beetlejuice

I do like mince pies and they are are pretty much only available at Christmas time.

A good mince pie is in the crust - get that wrong and you might as well just eat mince.

Actually, most Xmas dinners sound pretty much like Sunday roast dinners, with a different dessert and cranberry sauce.

Edited by uptheos

Many of the luxury hotels are doing Christmas buffet Dinner and Christmas Lunch at various prices for Christmas eve, and Christmas Day. I have found what seems to be the best deal is the Shangri-La Hotel on Christmas Day at Dinner hour--599 Baht per person plus tax and service totalling 706 baht. It is exactly the same meal as at lunch which they are advertising 1400 baht. The meal has all kinds of salads, seafood, cheese etc, plus turkey and Christmas type goodies. I am convinced that this is about the best deal in CM for reasonable quality food, ambience and service.

Well it certainly sounds like a bargain.

How ever I have tried their regular buffet and was not impressed. Friends of mine have told me the same.

I do like mince pies and they are are pretty much only available at Christmas time.

A good mince pie is in the crust - get that wrong and you might as well just eat mince.

Actually, most Xmas dinners sound pretty much like Sunday roast dinners, with a different dessert and cranberry sauce.

I never tried cranberry sauce on a roast.

In American it is completely different the only thing that would be the same is the salad and potatoes.

If you get a chance try tying into a good turkey dressing that has been cooked inside the turkey. HMMMMMMMMMM Good.

You Brits are missing a great meal.Obviously I prefer a turkey dinner to the Ham dinner for Christmas.

reading this Topic make me miss my old kitchen in BKK alot as i was always cooked X'mas dinner myself full course for hubby and his friends. This year is different we had to evacuated from the flood to Chiang mai and the oven at this rented house is not so good!!

anyway we are looking for the good resturant that do good xmas dinner too . :rolleyes:

You've never had spotted dick?

In the UK I had a nice spotted dick regularly. wink.gif

I was also quite partial to grandmas suet pudding boiled in one of grandad's socks......then smothered in Golden Syrup, with home made custard.

Jam Roly Poly, Bread & Butter Pud, Bread Pud, Treacle tart.....all the American's have for desserts are pies........very good pies, but nevertheless pies. biggrin.gif

We wonder why drug companies are making a fortune on statins.

Edited by uptheos

I was also quite partial to grandmas suet pudding boiled in one of grandad's socks......then smothered in Golden Syrup, with home made custard.

Jam Roly Poly, Bread & Butter Pud, Bread Pud, Treacle tart.....all the American's have for desserts are pies........very good pies, but nevertheless pies. :D

Sorry upthoes

We also have cake and ice cream in many different tastes. Some actually combined such as Baked Alaska.

You Brits are to concentrated on one item you miss a whole world of good things.:D

Jam Roly Poly, Bread & Butter Pud, Bread Pud, Treacle tart.....all the American's have for desserts are pies........very good pies, but nevertheless pies. :D

Sorry upthoes

We also have cake and ice cream in many different tastes. Some actually combined such as Baked Alaska.

You Brits are to concentrated on one item you miss a whole world of good things.:D

Yeah, just joshing - the American's have good food......artery clogging food (like the Brits), but boy a lot of it tastes good. smile.gif

Edited by uptheos