Is This An Issue?

topt

Never remember seeing this on any of my cars in the UK but as I had company cars for last god knows how many years I am also not very up to speed on this kind of thing- hence the possibly naive question.

Brand new Triton Plus driven for one week including having to go through some flooding - probably 18 inches of water - a couple of times but only for 10 minutes or so each time. Parked up at the end of the week and left without noticing it (but I also did not look). A couple of days later the girl friend went to clean the car (not sure how long that will last!) and spotted this -

post-108341-0-70761700-1319277802_thumb. post-108341-0-57884700-1319277851_thumb.

Pictures are passenger side (worse) and drivers side front.

Is this to be expected, is there anything I should be doing about it or saying to Mitsu when I take it in for the 1 month/1,000km check?

Normal when discs get wet thyey get surface rust on them using the brakes cleans them up . Looks like they got wet just before you parked up N/S normally gets wetter as water accumilates on the side of the road . See it sometimes on a row of vehicles that have been parked in driving side on rain for the day then sun comes out.

Yep, normal as the rotors are cast iron with no protection against rust and they are cleaned up as soon as you hit the brakes. :)

In fact l would go as far to say it is a good sign :huh: Cos no oil or brake fluid present. :)

Edited by transam

Half the pistons are stuck years before the floods came. .At least Brembo have 2 pots.

Only on rides that have not changed the fluid. :D

Bit of tech now. It is important to change fluid cos the moisture taken into the brake system causes rust BEHIND the seals, then causes rust and things to lock up..

Yep, completely normal.

Id' send her away..she didn't do a good job at all!

It's normal that break discs are rusty when driving through water. It will disappear when you're driving a little longer, by just using them..jap.gif

Yep, completely normal.

Id' send her away..she didn't do a good job at all!

It's normal that break discs are rusty when driving through water. It will disappear when you're driving a little longer, by just using them..jap.gif

After the last trawl through water I probably drove 200 plus km in 3 separate journeys in 2 days (although most of that at a reasonably high speed) - some of it in rain - before parking up after the last one so based on what you were saying it should not be there - or are we talking a lot longer?

Re cleaning - I am just happy she wants to - I offer no comment on MRO's bedroom antics,,,,,:whistling: