Looking For Part Time Chef, Anybody Know Anybody?

Praetor

I posted a classified ad about this aswell, but just thought I'd post here in case anybody knows someone

Basically looking for a chef to cook for me 1/2 times a week, prepare food and deliver to my house in tupperware, I can heat up at my leisure. Mix of western/thai food wanted. Can be flexible on delivery times etc

Anybody know anybody who would fit the bill?

Also, what sort of hourly wage should I be expecting to pay for this service?

Cheers

In Thailand it's called Pinto or ปิ่นโต delivery . So you don't need a chef. S&P used to do it but not sure if they still do it. Many restaurant do this e.g Lemon Tree they also do Pinto delivery (I think)

But like the above said, Meal on wheel is a good choice.

Its not like I'm employing someone full time, I'm looking for someone 6-10 hours a week, someone who has a job but is looking for extra income

What should I be paying hourly for that?

You won't find anyone to work hourly for you unless you employ them, pay their social security, etc. It's not done that way here.

In my experience, Thais usually want more for working just a few hours a week than they do when getting a monthly salary. For example, teachers doing private teaching usually get more than they earn hourly at a school.

The other problem is that most Thai cooks are not going to have a Western kitchen at home to prepare meals to sell privately.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Totally reasonable request. Depends on the type of food wanted. Some people don't mind re-heated meals, want quality food, and don't have time to make it themselves. I used to do this in the US as a private chef. There are all kinds of soups and stews that can be made and kept for days n days, getting better, if anything.

Things that get better over time: stews, soups, roasts, chili, even marinated salads. That's just a few.

The added value of hiring someone - a paid food worker - is that you can request what you want made, exactly how you want it. That be according to tastes, allergies, dietary restrictions, for weightloss, and so on.

Is it possible to get that going here in CM for something that works out nicely for both parties? That's another question. But probably quite possible. A good cook can bang out alot of great food rather quickly.