Flying Out On The 1St Nov.

whoppe78

Going to Pattaya for holliday before flying back to states. Wanted to come back to Bangkok (sukumvit) before I leave on the 1st of Nov.. You think a bad idea, better just stay longer in Pattaya and go directly to airport because of flooding.What a bummer just spent 6 months in Surin with constant rain and now in BKK with rain and water coming.

uh..I would hang out in Pattaya and enjoy yourself there.

Make a beeline for Suvarnabhumi and clear out.

Heading into central bangkok might be dry, but where is the festive mood?

I had a buddy in Pattaya want to take a 4.5 hour bus trip to Buriram. I told him to head to U-Tapao and fly to Buriram.

He took the bus...trip ended up taking 14.5 hours! Egads.

I sit still, then make a beeline to clear out.

My song satang (2 cents).....

Given what is expected to happen in the next 72hrs in BKK it really doesn't seem worth coming back thru BKK but then the next couple of days will tell......

Seems easier to just stay there and travel straight to the Airport on the 1st.

However, that is assuming the Bkk-Chonburi Motorway doesn't flood in a few spots (in which case the Buraphawithi Expressway will be a car park - assuming that parts of Bang Na-Trat rd are also impassable) and that the airport runways stay dry.

The Motorway is POTENTIALLY prone is a few spots between the 20-35km markers where there are 3 large klongs and a number of smaller ones. It is at grade and during heavy showers it is not unknown for the 4th lane to flood in a few locations in this corridor.

A few years ago, I spent 5 hrs going from the centre of Jakarta to the Airport due to the airport motorway being flooded, a trip which usually takes 45 mins. I had planned for 3-4 hrs. Of course I missed the flight.

If by Sunday am the above roads appear possible to potential be flooded in a few spots then may be worth getting in and staying 2 nights at a hotel adjacent to the Airport Line or by the Airport itself.

ANY hotel or placestostay in PTY has signs for direct shuttles to Swampoy-minivan or taximeter return (800-1000THB) end surely these are the people to know best about the situation of the moment. be aware that it seems that many of the cheap places in PTY are taken up by fleeing BKKians.

uh..I would hang out in Pattaya and enjoy yourself there.

Make a beeline for Suvarnabhumi and clear out.

Heading into central bangkok might be dry, but where is the festive mood?

I had a buddy in Pattaya want to take a 4.5 hour bus trip to Buriram. I told him to head to U-Tapao and fly to Buriram.

He took the bus...trip ended up taking 14.5 hours! Egads.

I sit still, then make a beeline to clear out.

My song satang (2 cents).....

I think this is probably excellent info - hopefully you can do Bangkok next trip, safe travels