Cbr400Rr Nc29

monty1412

Came down to Phuket and got bike. Excuse the following ramblings but as a newbie to riding Im having a whole lot of new experiences and Im finding as it pertains to bikes the experiences are very dramatic and different according to the bike.

Firstly however i have to give a double thumbs up commendation to member chuppachops.. what a great guy... threw in a great bike helmet ' airoh" and a pair of kevlar lined jeans and couldn't do enough for me down here... if everyones buying experience is like what I have had with chuppachops then it would be a very good thing.

The bike is amazing.... two weeks ago I got on a rented Ninja 650 and found it took a day or so to sort of get used to it ... remember Im a newbie.... this bike my god, by the end of Chuppchops soi I was grinning ear to ear...

Bike is so light, feels a heap more manoeuvrable than even my cbr250r and rev... my god it just wants to roll..... have been up hill and down dale here in Phuket and exhaust note is just fantastic. It feels like it has more power than the Ninja or probably more accurately gets the power it has to the wheels quicker.... the torque curve seems to go forever .

Gear box is not as smooth as the cbr250R but sort of suits the bike.. you have to be very definite in the movement.. seating position is great so much better than the upright shopping trolley ride I experience on the Ninja.

Going to look at getting it completely refurbished and upgraded brake componenetry etc.. any suggestions where / who I should do this through ??

Its just a fun ride and already has me leaning through and accelerating out of corners like i have never done before.

In singapore now but back to Phuket this weekend for a big ride around the island couple of days.

Yeeee.. haaaaa

Congratulations on ur choice of bikes....yes nice to ride...doesnt feel like a big bike at all, well i guess it isnt anyway.

BUT......be careful....ride to survive....dont get too carried away. Or U just might be!

Thanks I like that quote.. very sobering. Always good to remind each other here on merits of safety. Your right it doesn't feel like a big bike at all.. just goes like one

BUT......be careful....ride to survive...

:huh: makes no sense .... :blink:

More like this makes no sense.:lol: :lol:

Replying to Cbr400Rr Nc29.:blink:

and this too

feels a heap more manoeuvrable than even my cbr250r and rev... my god it just wants to roll.

It feels like it has more power than the Ninja.:blink:

upright shopping trolley ride I experience on the Ninja.:(

Going to look at getting it completely refurbished and upgraded brake componenetry etc.

Its just a fun ride.:blink:

on what the CBR or the Kwacka.???

BUT......be careful....ride to survive...

and this too

feels a heap more manoeuvrable than even my cbr250r and rev... my god it just wants to roll.

Going to look at getting it completely refurbished and upgraded brake componenetry etc.

What?....................what?

what do YOU mean "on what the CBR or the Kwacka.???"

Monty is saying that the cbr400 he has just brought is more manoeuvrable than his existing cbr250 (2011) and is more sporty than the Ninja 650 as he thinks the ninja has a fairly upright riding position. I hope i have made it clearer for youcool.gif

oh and he wants to get the cbr400 refurbished.

Thanks I like that quote.. very sobering. Always good to remind each other here on merits of safety. Your right it doesn't feel like a big bike at all.. just goes like one

Post up some photos when you get a chance :)

and this too

feels a heap more maneuverable than even my cbr250r and rev... my god it just wants to roll.

What?....................what?

what do YOU mean "on what the CBR or the Kwacka.???"

Monty is saying that the cbr400 he has just brought is more manoeuvrable than his existing cbr250 (2011) and is more sporty than the Ninja 650 as he thinks the ninja has a fairly upright riding position. I hope i have made it clearer for youcool.gif

oh and he wants to get the cbr400 refurbished.

Apologies confused there for the mo with the young enthusiasm,:rolleyes: CBR400RR baby blade good machine.

Take your time " Monty " it will be a peach when fully restored, and " ride to live " get to know your limitations and build on your riding skills.

Best of luck, K