Transport Ideas Please For Lady With Dwarfism

nattydread

ok before one of the mods thinks this is a wind up i can tell u that it isnt

my g/f has two aunts who were born with dwarfism / midget syndrome........these ladies are poor and have lived together in a small wooden house in a village outside CM. they have not had much of a life apart ffrom each other but they are now approaching 50 and their joints are starting to suffer which is a symptom of their condition.........they are obviously too small to ride even a yamaha mio or a honda icon so i am after some ideas of what could be done to give them some mobility around their village

my g/f tells me there are small electric trikes available in thailand but i have not seen anything like this.........has anyone had any experience of these or can supply a pic of one?.....also any other ideas would be welcome

thanks for any input

just looking at some old posts and saw this Honda Gyro which is 50cc with electric start and 3 wheels...........anyone had one or know of any for sale......thanks

honda gyro.bmp

Edited by nattydread

There's lots of small bikes

- Kawasaki KSR. The kawasaki KSR is everywhere, I am sure you've seen it, can be bought at the dealer at the moat. It's semi-automatic like a Wave so not too hard to ride.

- if that's too big, Honda Monkey - there's a shop that sells chinese made copy bikes and one of them is a 1:1 replica of a Honda Monkey - this bike is tiny and very cute with fat little tires.

- There's also plenty of bikes for children if these are still too big. I think the chinese bike dealer had these too. He used to be in Pantip Plaza in the corner, not sure if they're still there though.

<BR>There's lots of small bikes<BR><BR>- Kawasaki KSR. The kawasaki KSR is everywhere, I am sure you've seen it, can be bought at the dealer at the moat. It's semi-automatic like a Wave so not too hard to ride. <BR>- if that's too big, Honda Monkey - there's a shop that sells chinese made copy bikes and one of them is a 1:1 replica of a Honda Monkey - this bike is tiny and very cute with fat little tires. <BR>- There's also plenty of bikes for children if these are still too big. I think the chinese bike dealer had these too. He used to be in Pantip Plaza in the corner, not sure if they're still there though.<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>thanks for the post but a KSR or even a honda monkey is out of the question as the ladies are quite disabled and would not touch the floor on either.........so it has to be something with three wheels and cheap<BR><BR><BR>

The Honda Gyro won't be any use - too big, as its a full size bike, and the three wheels add load carrying ability but not much in the way of stability as it still leans over when cornered (I had one, complete with windscreen and wiper!).

Off the shelf its really only an electric "disability" style 3-wheeler, but they aren't cheap. My suggestion would be to contact the Chiang Mai Disabled Centre who run the Freedom Wheelchair Workshop who give their mobility aids, services, physiotherapy, etc away free - although I am sure they would appreciate any donations. They would seem to be the answer to all your aunts' problems.

I was going to get all weepy about this foundation when I read their website, as I am usually a bit of a cynic when it comes to charities, but their work speaks for itself.

Workshop in Phra Pokklao in Old Town converts scooters for use by wheelchair-bound people. Get a scooter. Add a sidecar which can accommodate a w/chair. Transfer handlebars from scooter on to sidecar, plus a connection for back brake (I think) and off u go. Driver is in w/chair in sidecar, passenger(s) go on scooter. Magic.

http://www.fr-ray.org/

This is an organization in Pattaya which among many things, offers training to young people with many physical disabilities.

(Missing limbs, polio, etc.)

The location is Pattaya, but I am sure that someone here would be able to show you some of their many varied transportation possibilities.

Most of the time, I see their people on three wheeled motorbikes, but I have also seen other members of their group on a variety of different motorized contraptions.

the Honda Zoomer and then narrow the seat and cut the seat frame , lower the handle bars .. perfect

post-62652-0-03561100-1320303519_thumb.j post-62652-0-66179500-1320303548_thumb.j

http://www.mocyc.com...assified=599385

http://www.mocyc.com...assified=444280

I also saw another one similar to the Zoomer but i do not know the make etc

found some more Suzuki chioi noi.

http://www.mocyc.com/store/view.php?idclassified=603481

Edited by thaicbr