Thai PM Yingluck Denies She Is Shedding Tears

webfact

Yingluck denies she is shedding tears

The Nation

30168724-01.jpg

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra appeared tearful yesterday when asked if she had anything to tell Bangkok residents as she continued leading the fight against one of the biggest floods to hit the capital.

Yingluck, blinking back tears, said: "I want people to know that I have good intention and willingness. I will not be disheartened."

When asked if she had been crying often since the floods hit crisis level, Yingluck insisted she had never become emotional. "Pictures [looking like I've been crying] published earlier were just taken from a different angle. I've never cried because in my position, I need to be strong," she said.

As the reporter continued, asking if the PM was smiling with tears in her eyes, Yingluck laughed.

She admitted that the flood situation in the capital had hit the crisis level.

"The government has been trying to fight against nature, the force of water, strengthening embankments and facing protesters. I ask the people to understand, because I don't want to have to use the law to control the masses,'' she said.

Yingluck added that moving the Flood Relief Operations Centre (FROC) out of Don Mueang Airport would be the last resort even though the complex was plunged in darkness this morning after some generators short-circuited due to the flooding. "The generators will be fixed within the day. It was a minor issue. Taking care of people is my first priority," she said.

She added that once all the refugees had been moved out of the centre, she would consider moving operations out of Don Mueang. "I don't want to move out in a panic because the FROC system has not yet been set up," she said.

Asked if she feared public uprisings against FROC and her government in light of the difficulties they must brave through, Yingluck urged people to understand that the operations centre was set up in a hurry and had to deal with prevention and rehabilitation

"I understand that everybody, especially Pol General Pracha Promnok, who heads FROC, has hardly had any sleep," she said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-10-28

related

Teary-Eyed Pm Yingluck Pledges To Fight Bangkok Flood

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When asked if she had been crying often since the floods hit crisis level, Yingluck insisted she had never become emotional. "Pictures [looking like I've been crying] published earlier were just taken from a different angle. I've never cried because in my position, I need to be strong," she said.

Maybe she does read TV after all ;)

Maybe she has an allergy ;) maybe she is allergic to all the BS she is having to listen to lol

I imagine she is quite intelligent and is listening to moronic suggestions all day long by other allegedly intelligent people who also have university degrees.

Edited by shadiadi

I READ

The government has been trying to fight against nature, the force of water, strengthening embankments and facing protesters. I ask the people to understand, because I don't want to have to use the law to control the masses,'' she said.

FUNNY because one play football other country and other ....

The gate at two place was already more 120% and another 136% because they wait longtime before evacuate.

so need to change mind and know about what we speak and evacuate people cannot take care this beutiful country because after that they will need to clean all

and built new life, and i m sure all help send by other country will be not the right place

Its OK for a leader to become a little emotional during a crisis,it shows her compassion towards her people. Perhaps Mr (No personality)Abhisit should take notice while sipping on his pina colada in the Maldives.

Edited by dmcguire70

She added that once all the refugees had been moved out of the centre, she would consider moving operations out of Don Mueang. "I don't want to move out in a panic because the FROC system has not yet been set up," she said.

FROC system has not been set up yet? :huh:

(edit: add: well, only announced on October 9th)

Edited by rubl

Its OK for a leader to become a little emotional during a crisis,it shows her compassion towards her people. Perhaps Mr (No personality)Abhisit should take notice while sipping on his pina colada in the Maldives.

In another topic it says

"When asked if she had been crying often since the floods hit crisis level, Yingluck insisted she had never become emotional."

BTW cut the BS on Abhisit holidaying on the Maldives. He's back since the 23rd.

FROC system has not been set up yet? :huh:

Is it the Fried Rice Or Chicken? Is that the meaning of froc?jap.gif

Thank you! She is much more appealing even with a tear or two then look at Abhisit arrogant smirk on his face.

Just keep on bashing her! Because of her we have had all this rain. :lol:

In another topic it says

"When asked if she had been crying often since the floods hit crisis level, Yingluck insisted she had never become emotional."

Your first point is bs because she said Mai long loey, which means not cry. Show me where in the video shes says she wasn't emotional!

Secondly the fact that Abhisit went

to the Maldives at all shows a disregard for his own people.

People need to be realistic, I can not believe all of the silly comments blaming the PM for the flood, I suppose she should part the waters with magic. No matter what this poor woman does she is criticised. Try criticising the stores like Big C and Rim Ping that were taking their paper products off of shelves yesterday and repacking them in boxes to sell at a higher price later, they are part of the problem. The capitalists and "the elite" are the ones screwing us all not Yingluck. For hating her so much people sure do give her a lot of credit and power for causing this mess. Ask yourself why the military was cloud seeding here in the north just before the floods? Ask yourself is this a reason to throw her out of office? The real answer is no but it will do.

• Like 1

In another topic it says

Your first point is bs because she said Mai long loey, which means not cry. Show me where in the video shes says she wasn't emotional!

I agree, Abhisit should have stayed in the first place. Abhisit and his former administration should have had a plan for this.

Yingluck is just trying her best to clean up his mess.

Too bad the flood didn't flush that turd (Abhisit) and the rest of the PADI shit out to sea like a giant toilet..

The standard of eloquence from some of our more recent members is indeed amazing

The use of profanity normally indicates a lack of both the understanding of a situation and the dubious benefits of a poor education system.

Edited by siampolee

In another topic it says

Secondly the fact that Abhisit went to the Maldives at all shows a disregard for his own people.

1. I refer to this newsflash:

2. The fact that people really are at it with k. Abhisit only tries to deflect the critisism on PM Yingluck, her government and the FROC. A FROC announced on the 9th of October together with the application of the "Disaster Law" in order to more adequatily control flood relieve measures.

From the OP post #1 above: ""I don't want to move out in a panic because the FROC system has not yet been set up," she said."

Edited by rubl

In another topic it says

Well at least he didn't run off to Dubai to escape the justice of his own people.

In another topic it says

yeah, and that's the main issue people were discussing... the length of his absence

such BS to make any comment about it

Edited by nurofiend

No you've all got it wrong . This is what happened when Yingluck was out inspecting the current situation, Not tears at all just as the result of a bit of flood damage putting her off balance for a time.

london-rain-03.jpg

Looks like she might have hayfever. most Thais dont know what that is and get prescribed packets of drugs including antibiotics etc. by their quacks, but every October through to November I get hay-fever the symptoms are runny eyes, itchy throat and nose and the sniffs. the medication is a mild antihistamine before bed. :jap:

In another topic it says

Well at least he didn't run off to Dubai to escape the justice of his own people.

Justice and the mickey mouse Thai judicial system should never be used in the same sentence together.

Edited by goldcountry

If it was tears of compassion for the Thais who have lost so much then that can't be such a bad thing but if it tears because she fears for herself and her position then what can you say .....................

The standard of eloquence from some of our more recent members is indeed amazing

The use of profanity normally indicates a lack of both the understanding of a situation and the dubious benefits of a poor education system.

You have to learn to ignore them...I did...

What do you expect from an underling with a name such as Perverted Dave ?