California Wow Recent Prices?

Grawburg

I paid 8000 for a year and I thought it was excellent value.

The sales person was giving me all sorts of options and prices but after a couple of mins I said I was only interested in a single year plan at no more than 8000. She cam back with 7999 and I paid there and then. But this was the gym in Pattaya and not Bangkok.

For a lifetime membership, it should not be more than 10k-15k now. Depends on how good you can negotiate.

I tried the lifetime membership thing aswell, but at the Ratchada/Esplanade branch they said they stopped doing that anwhile back. No idea if it was bullshit or not.

I paid THB 28,000 for a Black Card (can use any CA WOW club in Thailand), and then renew every year thereafter for 100 baht per year. I have renewed twice already and am satisfied with what I got.

My main concern is CA WOW sold off all their clubs (3) in Kuala Lumpur a couple of years ago. And I have heard that they are heavily in debt in many of their BKK gyms, and some closures may happen.

Maybe just rumors?

For a lifetime membership, it should not be more than 10k-15k now. Depends on how good you can negotiate.

I tried the lifetime membership thing aswell, but at the Ratchada/Esplanade branch they said they stopped doing that anwhile back. No idea if it was bullshit or not.

Lifetime memberships were not sold for a certain period of time earlier this year,or at least they tried to talk around it,but are now available again as they lost a lot of revenue with that policy.

I paid THB 28,000 for a Black Card (can use any CA WOW club in Thailand), and then renew every year thereafter for 100 baht per year. I have renewed twice already and am satisfied with what I got.

My main concern is CA WOW sold off all their clubs (3) in Kuala Lumpur a couple of years ago. And I have heard that they are heavily in debt in many of their BKK gyms, and some closures may happen.

Maybe just rumors?

Cawow has sold up in Malaysia and gone broke in korea,closed the doors from one day to the other.There was a notice from the Thai stock market in March this year that they would be delisted since they made so much loss.I seem to recall that their major stockholder,Major cineplex,simply annulled their shares in Cawow some time ago.

The lifetime membership is still available but they won't sell it to you unless you persuade them otherwise . The reason because CAWOW has a lot of debt. (lookup in set.or.th / Thailand stock market)

Usually, you can buy your membership elsewhere and make it usable in Ratchada club.

1 yr membership at wow esplanade cost me 9000. had to bust them down from 20,000.

on a side note. in the free weights room, the dumbells are not paired together, just a big jumbled mess. ive never seen anything llike it

My mate was well happy he got a life time membership from the Esplanade/Ratchada C.WOW about 18 months ago, he was supposed to renew every year for just 100 baht!

I thought it didn't sound a bad deal but he forgot to renew it this year so lost the membership, so pretty expensive for him, made me piss myself laughing though!

WOW WHAT A DONUT!

P.S. that cost him 20.000 for the life time membership.

Edited by SlumdogMillionaire

Fortunately my condo has a decent gym with OK machines, plus a great pool. I looked at CAWow because a doctor friend (Thai) had a life membership and recommended it. At that time, a year or more ago, they said they didn't have the life memberships any more. If they have them again, and you can pay a lump sum and use any facility forever, that seems to me a good deal. Otherwise, there are plenty of other places, some of them decent and cheap. When I went to CAWow I was put off by two things, as well. First was the constant "boom boom boom" disco beat that they seem to think people want to exercise to, but in fact a lot of us find quite off-putting. The other was the hard sell, they get you sitting down with a bunch of salesmen/women, and give you their own version of a facilities tour instead of just letting you wander around and observe, which is how I like to do it. Still, though, with a lifetime membership, it would be convenient.

I think it's just a matter of time before they close down in Thailand.

I've noticed the Esplanade branch has been reduced in size. They used to have three floors and now the ground level has closed down. It was only used as reception and sitting area anyway.

I've heard the Silom branch is being made smaller but I've never been there so I don't know.

I use the Ekamai branch and the machines there are always out of order. At one point over half the treadmills were out of order.

I pay the 100 baht a year to renew my membership so it's no big deal for me if they close down.

Maybe just rumors?

I dont think they are just rumours, I have a Thai friend who worked there for quite a while and he finally left and went to another smaller fitness centre. His own words were, its all falling apart, very high rental and very little coming in.