No ‘Nipple Gangs’ In Phuket: Police

Lite Beer

This thing is Happening , it happend to a frend of me , but they only took his money . The clever ones take only the money, then you dont rember if you have lost it or spendt it .

Nipple or not is not the point , the point is they slip some stuff in the drink , and you wake up in your bed the day after and dont remember anything.

and as stupid as this thais are, it will spread , easy money they cant say no to...

Who is stupid? I wonder why rip merchants target people like you and your frend (sic)

The point I was making is that TAT and the police seem to think this would affect Phuket's tourist reputation, but they don't seem to be concerned about the tuk tuk/ taxi mafia beating people and putting them in a coma...

And obviously that is true.

What is the percentage of tourists coming to Thailand with the express purpose of riding in a tuk-tuk? Very small to none. Therefore letting everyone know that tuk-tuks are not the way to get around while they're in Phuket won't hurt arrival numbers.

Now what is the percentage of tourists coming to suck on nipples, or at least intending to indulge while they happen to be here enjoying the sun and sand? Maybe a bit higher? So letting everyone know about the risk of mickey finns could hurt the overall tourism numbers.

Of course, her thinking may be based on the fact that the nipple-gang story might just be considered more worthy of media coverage overseas, while the tuk-tuk angle is a bit of a yawner, less likely to make it there.

I love the concept of "nipple gangs", as if this crime requires an organized effort. But note he isn't saying there isn't a problem, just no reports of gangs. . .

In either case the obvious solution is to try to keep the whole thing quiet, as actually trying to solve the crime problem isn't practical.

The point I was making is that TAT and the police seem to think this would affect Phuket's tourist reputation, but they don't seem to be concerned about the tuk tuk/ taxi mafia beating people and putting them in a coma...

And obviously that is true.

What is the percentage of tourists coming to Thailand with the express purpose of riding in a tuk-tuk? Very small to none. Therefore letting everyone know that tuk-tuks are not the way to get around while they're in Phuket won't hurt arrival numbers.

Now what is the percentage of tourists coming to suck on nipples, or at least intending to indulge while they happen to be here enjoying the sun and sand? Maybe a bit higher? So letting everyone know about the risk of mickey finns could hurt the overall tourism numbers.

Of course, her thinking may be based on the fact that the nipple-gang story might just be considered more worthy of media coverage overseas, while the tuk-tuk angle is a bit of a yawner, less likely to make it there.

I love the concept of "nipple gangs", as if this crime requires an organized effort. But note he isn't saying there isn't a problem, just no reports of gangs. . .

In either case the obvious solution is to try to keep the whole thing quiet, as actually trying to solve the crime problem isn't practical.

Too bad in many areas of Phuket tuk tuks and taxis are the only way for tourists to get around, unless they rent a motorbike, which could be a deadly decision, as it was for one family the other week. There is no public transit here between the west coast beach towns. It is a major and on going problem. It's not like there are Bangkok meter taxis everywhere... The minimum fare is 200 Baht and no meters. Add the jet ski scams, motorbike rental scams, alleged police scams, numerous beach drownings, bag snatchers, pick pockets, lady boy gangs and now the "nipple gangs" and Phuket's tourism reputation should be trashed.