Pastrami And Corned Beef In Pattaya...Wowww

Pongpat

Just back from dinner with a friend....Thought i was back in NYC...Had a reuben to die for. Home made rye bread nice and moist, creamy potato salad(cound have had cole slaw or beans) moist and juicy Corned beef stacked high on the rye...topped with melted swiss...pickle slice on the side.They also have pastrami, roast beef and meatloaf, plus a variety of pizzas....Taking orders for a Sounds Yummy, Thanksgiving Dinner. Owners are great and felt like a family affair...I was even walking out without paying the bill untill I realized I was in a restaurant...Will be back soon...and going for Thanksgiving....LOCATION: Jomtien Beach Road between Soi 8-9 Enter at Casa Jomtien Condos(7/11) on corner go by guard shack on the left...well worth the SEARCH!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's happening all of a sudden in Thailand? Jewish Style Delis opening up everywhere!!!!!! Chiang Mai has two of them now!

And, the food is great. We can even get real Kosher style dill pickles, and green dill tomatoes. I can't wait until someone comes up with a real kosher style hot dog, and gefilte fish.

How does it compare to the Rubin at Rich Man Poor Man around the corner at soi 9? If I remember 200baht?

No comparison between these two places. Deli-zza is the rich man ...

Remember Street Life so called deli? They are closed now. It was an even poorer man.

Edited by Jingthing

Pastrami, corned beef and Reuben sandwiches, all in the 300 baht range. Not too bad for good beef in Thailand.

Yes, it is not cheap but do you want cheap? I can get cheap at many places: 70 baht for a thin slice of pastrami on a hard roll w/ some stale lettuce and tomato. Delizza is making the real thing and unfortunately making pastrami and corned beef is expensive because beef brisket is expensive. And when you pile it on like they do, they have to pass on the cost to customers to make a profit. I have only eaten the corned beef sandwich there and it was fantastic, like back home in the USA. It was enough for two people. One reason the sandwich side of Delizza (they also serve pizza) is going to be successful is that the owners insist on top quality (lots of homemade stuff like the wonderful rye bread and potato salad) and they make big sandwiches. Personally, I would like to see them expand their sandwich menu: Philly cheese steak, Italian-style hoagie, grilled Brats and sauerkraut. Hint hint :) How about Deli-catessen-izza! By the way, Happy Loi Kratong! :)

Edited by Awohalitsiktoli

Pastrami, corned beef and Reuben sandwiches, all in the 300 baht range. Not too bad for good beef in Thailand.

Yes, it is not cheap but do you want cheap?

No I don't. In case you misunderstood what I said, "Not too bad for good beef in Thailand"

means that I think the price is OK for what you get. :wai:

Interesting that good quality Reubens are so much more expensive in Pattaya than Chiang Mai, what's that all about, different market, different beef or what - or shouldn't one make those kinds of comparisons?

Interesting that good quality Reubens are so much more expensive in Pattaya than Chiang Mai, what's that all about, different market, different beef or what - or shouldn't one make those kinds of comparisons?

There is a really popular place in Bangkok that charges more than Delizza in Jomtien.

http://hungryinbangkok.blogspot.com/2010/05/nycc-new-york-cheesecake.html

Edited by Ulysses G.

There is a really popular place in Bangkok that charges more than Delizza in Jomtien.

http://hungryinbangk...cheesecake.html

Indeed, the point is though that some Chiang Mai posters were recently complaining about 180 Baht at Moe's, kinda helps to put things in perspective.

Is the Deli-zza owned and operated by a guy named John? I met a guy who had plans to open a new deli in Jomtien. He is a really great cook.

Yes, along with his son Sean

Thanks for that, and yes, I know them both. Sean is a nice kid and a big boy.

Went in there today at lunchtime. Pls note John doesn't open until 3PM but he rustled me up a rueben sandwich and it was very good indeed all be it a tad expensive for Pattaya where food is generally very cheap, compared to say bkk. I would go back though and also want to try a pizza from there.

Yeah, cheaper than air fare.

Realistically, if this place had any real competition, quality-wise, for what they are doing, there might be a big issue with price. But they don't. So they have what economists call pricing power, and they will continue to have that until some other place can come even close to their quality. They've got something that plenty of people want, and they are the only source of it in the province. So how badly do you want it? 300 baht? Lots of people will say yes.

Edited by Jingthing

300 baht for a sandwich???it better have gold flakes in it!

I can get the real thing in NYC for less, but I'm not there now..:rolleyes:

Yeah and you probably do not want to fly there for a sandwich. That is pretty much the whole point. :ermm:

300 baht for a sandwich???it better have gold flakes in it!

I can get the real thing in NYC for less, but I'm not there now..:rolleyes:

Let's not forget that while it is a little bit pricey......299 is for the whole meal. It does come with a small portion of homemade beans, cole slaw or potato salad AND a big home made pickle spear.

I don't remember paying less than 10$ for something like that, even back in the US. I have always had to pay at least 10$ for something that good